Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:09:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best wallet to store bitcoin.  (Read 1323 times)
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:29:47 PM

The best wallet to store Bitcoin is coldstorage wallet like trezor or ledger nano s. It's the safest wallet to keep you Bitcoin, nobody can steal you Bitcoin inside this wallet. But it'll be bad if you lose the wallet USB stick. LOL. Beside the price of this wallet is a little bit high, about more than 100$ for each one so if you don't want to spend this much money to buy a coldstorage wallet I think you can use Electrum wallet, it's also a good one, very secure and totally free.

Goldberg007

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:31:24 PM

I think the best wallet to store bitcoin is blockchain.It is the safest wallet to keep your bitcoin safe.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:44:08 PM

Best Bitcoin hardware wallets and The three most popular and are:
1. Ledger Nano S
2. KeepKey
3. Trezor

Easiest way to securely store bitcoins, easy to backup and secure, less margin for error, setup is easy even for less technical users.
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:47:08 PM

As others have mentioned, your safest option is to get yourself a hardware wallet. I personally use the Ledger Nano S & highly recommend it.
kakrotssj1

Activity: 32
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:49:08 PM

Hello i have recently bought some bitcoin and litecoin and was wandering what wallet or method is the best to store it in. (From the UK if that helps)

Thanks.
Try Blockchain Wallet, in my experience, blockchain wallet is the best wallet so far with more transaction speed. you don't have to wait long enough for your bitcoin transactions. Although, it does not provide the facility to covert your bitcoins into flat money. But it has more information on bitcoin price fluctuation.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:52:00 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2017, 06:38:55 AM by filharvey

You could use Electrum wallet.I had been using it for the past two years and its very user friendly.Bitcoins remain secured in it.We could set the transaction fee too manually in this wallet.

But it should be downloaded from the official website Electrum.org instead of fake websites.Otherwise,our bitcoins could get compromised.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
clswcl

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:04:24 PM

If you want to store only bitcoin, you have multiple choices but the most secure it's to have a hard disk wallet (downloading a hard wallet on your computer), but in case of crashdown of the value of bitcoin, you can't do anything...quickly.
So it depends to you if you want to Trade fast your bitcoin, you have to keep it on an exchange (Bitfinex the best for me)!

Hope i ve been helpful  Wink
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:05:18 PM

I would suggest you use a hardware wallet - it depends on how much BTC you are trying to store. For larger amounts - Hardware

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:16:51 PM

Hello i have recently bought some bitcoin and litecoin and was wandering what wallet or method is the best to store it in. (From the UK if that helps)

Thanks.

many safe methods to save assets cryptocurrency, you can use wallets altcoin to save ltc or btc assets, look at xcp, waves  if you want save assets with altcoin , or with some dev wallets have trust safetly,and avoid phishing websites or malware indications.
szpalata

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:11:06 PM

I would suggest you use a hardware wallet - it depends on how much BTC you are trying to store. For larger amounts - Hardware
]

I second that suggestion but many aren't ready to invest in to hardware wallets just yet and so are often ;left with online wallet options but if one is really serious about the safety of his/her bitcoins  then its best to go the extra mile and invest in a hardware wallet.
zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:35:19 AM

Thanks.
  I can advise you cold offline wallet Leger Nano S, this is the safest option for storing bitcoins and, in principle, all the crypto currency https://www.ledgerwallet.com/
Adykingcity

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:40:07 AM

talk about wallet, i think every wallet is safe. but most of people consider that Electrum is good for saving bitcoin, if you want to save it with hardware wallet,, you need to try Ledger Nano S,, but the price little expensive for me.. each wallet is good to save bitcoin, but you need to test the security first.
Ewox

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:48:15 AM

The best wallet to store your bitcoin and other coins would be those hardware wallets like Trezor or Ledger Nano, just pick which of these hardware wallets you think best suit your needs. Or if you cam't afford yet these wallets you can just use offline wallets you can download on your laptop too.
bitcoinbug.com

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 11:51:36 AM

Thanks.

Hey there, I'm from the UK too. I personally use Xapo and Cryptopay.

My website has an article on Cryptopay for you to read about the company - http://bitcoin-bug.com/2017/11/06/cryptopay-offers-customers-something-rare/

There's always the option of using a hard wallet if you want to keep them more secure. Just don't do what this guy did - http://bitcoin-bug.com/2017/11/29/1323/

Hope this helps.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:54:59 AM

Thanks.
If you want to keep your bitcoin and altcoin safe and secure you must put it in a safe place where no can find it or stealth it. In addition to that, you put your bitcoin or altcoin in online or offline wallet and you must put 2fa to make it more secure and do not ever share you password and private key.
tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Too many great wallet sites to choose from. I personally like coinbase.com or blockchain.info.

samarahewasht

Activity: 260

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:09:41 PM

best safe option offline wallet  Smiley

if we lose or break the devise (off line wallet)  that we keep bitcoins, we lose all our bitcoins.  Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:19:46 PM

If you are aiming for long term and withdraw your investment to at least 5-10 years from now, I highly suggest that you store your coins in a hardware wallet like ledger nano S or trezor. In this way, you won't be able to easily withdraw your investment and keep it for the future.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:26:07 AM

For me the best wallet to store bitcoin is Blockchain because it's easy to use and your bitcoin is hard to steal another person.
The wallet of blockchain.info is convenient but it is not the best, if you are holding a some dollars there to spend just in case you like something that is fine, but to keep a big amount of money is a mistake, I remember using it sometime ago and there were days in which I could not login into my account since the site was so slow.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 03:58:13 AM

It doesn't matter where you stay because ideally, you should not keep your funds in any online wallet/exchange. Even if you are enabling all the security features for your profile, there is a risk of compromisation of the database on the server side so make sure you are holding your funds in a reputed hardware wallet such as trezor or in a securely generated paper wallet. Also, maintain backup copies of private keys/seeds in order to reduce the risk.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: