Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:00:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Android or IOS users?  (Read 2937 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:58:07 PM

Keep em coming
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:50:16 PM

1.) iOS
2.) iPhone 5
3.) ZeroBlock. 

Just read the reviews for ZeroBlock in the app store.  It is the best app in the iOS app store. www.zeroblock.com

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:55:37 PM

>implying i trust google or apple

Is there another choice? I want a "smart phone", but just can't get around to trusting either Google or Apple. It sounds like they track everything you do. Was considering a Windows Phone, but it seems to have a lack of support. And I'm not sure I trust Microsoft all that well. Probably more so than Google/Apple though.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:08:08 AM

It's a hard discussion to have. I know Apple isn't trusted in my book as they seem to be giving up data more leniently than Google.  

Google recently had a dispute with the US Govt. about what type of data they publish and share with the people/govt.

I don't know the details, but they seemed to be annoyed that the Govt would push them for such data,
however, they lost the case in court, and was ordered to proceed with the demands of the GOVT.

I'd trust Google > Apple. However, its tough to say if they were held up with 'no-choices' but to reveal user data.

Sources:
http://rt.com/usa/google-fisa-court-gag-899/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2344259/Google-challenges-U-S-gag-order-attempt-undo-damage-caused-PRISM-scandal.html
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/5/4185732/google-fights-national-security-letter

"Google is fighting back against National Security Letters, the secretive, controversial requests for data from the US government that bypass the court process and come with a gag order. The company has filed papers in a case called In Re Google Inc. Petition to set aside Legal Process; while the documents are sealed, Bloomberg reported on the nature of the filing. No details are currently available on the request itself, but the move is significant — Google would be the most prominent company yet to challenge an NSL."
source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/5/4185732/google-fights-national-security-letter

Is there another choice? I want a "smart phone", but just can't get around to trusting either Google or Apple. It sounds like they track everything you do. Was considering a Windows Phone, but it seems to have a lack of support. And I'm not sure I trust Microsoft all that well. Probably more so than Google/Apple though.
PsychoticBigBoy

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:52:37 AM

galaxy S3
pollard86

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 03:54:07 AM

iPhone 5

Apps >> Coin Ticker, BTC Charts and Blockchain
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:40:17 AM

It's a hard discussion to have. I know Apple isn't trusted in my book as they seem to be giving up data more leniently than Google.  

Google recently had a dispute with the US Govt. about what type of data they publish and share with the people/govt.

I don't know the details, but they seemed to be annoyed that the Govt would push them for such data,
however, they lost the case in court, and was ordered to proceed with the demands of the GOVT.

I'd trust Google > Apple. However, its tough to say if they were held up with 'no-choices' but to reveal user data.

Sources:
http://rt.com/usa/google-fisa-court-gag-899/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2344259/Google-challenges-U-S-gag-order-attempt-undo-damage-caused-PRISM-scandal.html
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/5/4185732/google-fights-national-security-letter

"Google is fighting back against National Security Letters, the secretive, controversial requests for data from the US government that bypass the court process and come with a gag order. The company has filed papers in a case called In Re Google Inc. Petition to set aside Legal Process; while the documents are sealed, Bloomberg reported on the nature of the filing. No details are currently available on the request itself, but the move is significant — Google would be the most prominent company yet to challenge an NSL."
source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/5/4185732/google-fights-national-security-letter

Pretty much my same thought. If I was forced to use one or the other, I'd go with the Android. And thanks for those sources.

If the Windows Phone had more support (Teamspeak, Bitcoin, etc), I'd pick it. I was a big fan of the Zune and still have my Zune HD that I use everyday. It's far better than an iPod as far as music and fluid controls go. But it has no apps and a crappy internet browser. It's fantastic as just a music player, but lacks everywhere else. I was hoping the Windows Phone would be an improvement, but it's not getting enough attention.

So I'm torn between a phone with no support, or one that GPS tracks and filters your life. This is the only reason I do not own a smart phone.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:40:21 AM

Good responses. Keep it going!
Taborresen

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:09:42 PM

Bump.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:27:26 PM

If the Windows Phone had more support (Teamspeak, Bitcoin, etc), I'd pick it.

I won't, Windows Mobile, predecessor to windows phone, was quite well supported and they pulled the plug completely on it when WP came out. They could do the same again when they make their minds up about RT/W9, could end up with a 6 month old device that's useless... completely different to how long they have supported their desktop OS products.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
MrGodMan

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:13:52 AM

1) Android
2) Nexus S with cyanogen mod 10.2
3) Only using a btc price widget

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:17:28 AM

[POLL]
Not a poll

OK

Anyway, Nexus 5 Master race

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:35:28 AM

[POLL]
Not a poll

OK

Anyway, Nexus 5 Master race

+1 easy choice
snazzzy6

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:13:50 AM

Android for the win!
HTC One(m7)
No apps atm tho.
maco (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:06:16 PM

Android for the win!
HTC One(m7)
No apps atm tho.

Get the Bitcoin, Litecoin, Primecoin Buzz Apps !!
antieest

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:14:47 PM

1) Are you an ANDROID OR IOS (iPHONE) user?

yes

2) Which phone is it? (name?)

Nexus3

3) Which Apps do regularly you use for Bitcoins?

Bitcoin checker
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:24:06 PM

Well, I think I can safely say that Android is the best.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:11:58 AM

Just upgraded to a Galaxy Note 3 Grin

We just got the LG G Flex in stock and it's pretty tempting. Screens just too big though..

newbitcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:06:32 PM

1) Are you an ANDROID OR IOS (iPHONE) user?
Yes
2) Which phone is it? (name?)
Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 5
3) Which Apps do regularly you use for Bitcoins?
None
maco (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:36:07 PM

I am shocked no one here said one of these crypto apps?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=CIS+Solutions

Cheesy

I am developing one for our new coin launch called '42' ... found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399658
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: