Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:39:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO good or bad?  (Read 2087 times)
kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:51:17 AM

I am new to Crypto market. There are too many ICOs out there. How do one decide if an ICO is good or bad?

I'm just a newbie the same as you, But I have a suggestions to you that maybe help you finding a good project to invest in. First you should study well your ideal project that you want to invest in. Checking the products that their selling and what or how much benefits will you get and check the development team too.. and if you feel this project is worth investing for, then join it.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:01:29 AM

in my opinion, ICO is a very profitable project. with ICO we can get an advantage of an altcoin token prior to release in the market.
ranoby

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:05:04 AM

Everything is relative. So look, what competitors a project have  (if they exist at all) and draw a conclusion

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  DONE   ]      [ AIRDROP | DONE ]      [    ICO  |  LIVE    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:12:26 AM

I am new to Crypto market. There are too many ICOs out there. How do one decide if an ICO is good or bad?

ICO is good but the one who makes it bad is the people who use it to scam people is the problem. Therefore if you are going to join investment thru ICO you should use the power of internet as a tool to define if the ICO is legit or not thru constant review and research. If you are bounty participants you should check who is the campaign manager that if possible you choose the popular managers with high rank and positive reputation because the good manager will check well the ICO if legit or not because their good reputation is at stake.
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:27:29 AM

ICO has good project to it but they have different of it because of different kind of ICO with a subject of ecosystem or etc. But you can find a good project or bounties to join in. Just pick a good ICO and you will get what you want. In my opinion all ICOs is good. But be sure if you join ICO you need to study there instruction and follow them and check the development of the ICO.

YoungMaster

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:06:28 AM

To choose good or bad ICOs, you should at least know what the purpose of the coins they are offering it.
Besides that, you have to find out who is behind it all because anonymity is not good for a start. Then read their whitepapers and their roadmap, if it suits the market, then that's a "good" ICO.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:06:51 AM

You must be very careful when you plan to invest in ICOs.
As you must have already read from many replies, 90% + ICOs are nothing but SCAM, this is what most of us have learned the hard way, however, real potential ICOs are also the most prominent investment.
Before taking any ICO into consideration for investment, you must go through the whitepaper to understand what is the project and what they want to achieve. Secondly, if there is even a slight/small grammatical or any other mistake in the whitepaper, turn it down straight away. Good ICOs are very careful about their whitepaper and never do mistakes.

Now, the second step is to check the team of project, the CEO,CTO, etc. are they known names and are they expert in the blockchain industry.
Make sure you check the advisory teams as well.

Next, check who/which companies are backing them up, what if the ICO investment gets hacked (like in the case of coindash, are they backed up to return your money or not).

Again, there are a lot many good ICOs, I am keeping my eyes open for ICOs that are NEO based, the reason being, they are limited and are actually being verified and validated by NEO.

Always Do a lot of research before investing in ICOs and all the best for your future investments.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:26:22 AM

There are some good ICO  and also some of them bad quality. And to decide they bad or good is learn the aim of the project, are they has working product already or not, what problem they want to be solved, and the idea of the project should be possible to become reality. Just spend time to learn it all and you will find good ICO.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:05:10 AM

To decide whether the ICO is good or not you need to analyze a series of things ranging from team members to how they are taking the entire process of the ICO itself. Before choosing one I always observe some points like: Advertising (how they deal with currency disclosure), team (and good to check all team participants, old jobs or even their activity in social networks), currency distribution ( see how they organized the currency distribution, such as bonus, payment for team, etc.), project proposals (see what the currency is proposing, see if it has any real use or some functionality). Follow some of these steps that the chances of you taking a default and a lot less.
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:47:59 AM

Ico good way to make money. But only if you
understand the technology. That's how I see it, whether successful or not ico
1 I think the most important is the team
2 is the technology, how necessary it is to modern society
3 community. let's say soon to be ico envion there in a group in telegram
already 9000 people. It shows interest in the project
I believe it is the Foundation for a successful ico

High risk high payoff
cepot9

Activity: 1050

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:18:21 AM

ICO there are good there are bad, usually free ones are more prone to fraud and some are surprising. there is no harm in joining the free ICO but you should consider and be careful to buy an ICO coin, ith I know
Cedrick

Activity: 337

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:29:10 AM

ICO there are good there are bad, usually free ones are more prone to fraud and some are surprising. there is no harm in joining the free ICO but you should consider and be careful to buy an ICO coin, ith I know
Yeah there's a good and bad ICO. They create an ICO then when the time goes by and at  the end of the day. They will scam the participants/investors and just leave them/us like nothing happened. That is the example of a bad ICO. Then the good, they will let them feel you what strive and work for how many months.

uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:41:24 PM

There are good ICOs yet there are bad ICOs. Study about them first before you invest your money in them. There are a lot of things to consider before you start your investment in a certain ICO. First, you must read their whitepaper. Second, look also for their team. Research the team members one-by-one to know if they are actually legit. And last, you must also know the hype-score and the risk-score.
LydiaBob

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:50:00 PM

You should always pay attention to the Whitepaper, the project, the team and their social media presence. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose, so be careful and do your own research. Check out Crowdholding co-creation project: Although the ICO is ongoing you can still earn YUPIE tokens by participating in the platform. All you have to do is sign up, comment on the projects you like and get rewarded for leaving your feedback. https://www.crowdholding.com
frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

Visit their announcement thread and find out who are the teams who participated on the project and read full the whitepaper, if something fishy ask it on the announcement thread. If no answer of the answer is bad, just leave it, it means that project is either scam or gonna be trash.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:06:13 PM

we can not give a general judgment about ico because each ico has his own road map ... there is a good ico and there is a bad ico

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:43:49 PM

For something to be good or bad you might have done some research or known the thing in order for you to decide if such is good or bad. Likewise ICO as we know is coin distribution to fund development you decide base on your research and also the source of the research matters too.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:41:53 PM

Yes in the 2017 too many new ICO
ICO are a good investment, but before invest you need to read about the company, make some research, for find a good project that can give you a good profit
poncik

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

I think so ico's are bad.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:49:57 PM

ICO are all good and alll bad .. you cant tell any to them unless they succeed their ICO phasse , once the crowdsale were done and hit the cap well it is just the start, there's so many ICo that hit even sold out but after some weeks or months they hit the floor and sad to see taht, but there's few who now on the moon and enjoying the crypto currencies and their project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: