Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it the Best Time to Sell Ether  (Read 1985 times)
Rock121 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:48:55 AM

Hi,

I had purchased around $50 worth Etherium few months back.Now the Etherium price is very high.
I could make a profit of around $15... Is this the best time to sell.

Will long term investment be fruitful ?

KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:55:38 AM

Long-term investments are always more risky, but also more profitable
I think we should wait, as ether is growing Smiley
The fall will be, but not soon
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:15:14 AM

I think the price of Ethernet is going to go up, because the price of bitcoin is going up and the price of Ethernet is going up.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:39:17 AM

Hi,

I had purchased around $50 worth Etherium few months back.Now the Etherium price is very high.

For small investment, you could try to play with day trading to increase your buying power time by time.
Long term investment could work too if you don't really care much on your investment

ETH shall be the best and safe investment ever in 2017
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:50:30 AM

Hi,

Probably not the best time because i think that there will be further rises coming in.

Though if you're already sitting on a nice chunk of ETH that you bought cheap you could definitely start selling now. It's not a bad time to start dumping some of your stack right now, since it is indeed on the rise.

You could expect some drops in the short term as btc hits $10k or more, but after btc's correction, it'll be hard to say.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:41:50 AM

Eth got a long term prospect so it will be very profitable to keep it for a long term, dont be afraid if the price goes down because alot of projects are using eth, so eth wont be dead so easy, but eth not too  suitable for a short term, because the price volatility is not that high
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:46:56 AM

Hi,

wow you got it at 50$ that's huge profit now with nearly 1000% return.
It's nice to take some profit and hold remain because ETH still very big room to rise more.
Let's say 1000$ next year maybe

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:16:15 AM

Well ETH has been around for more than 1 years or so, the last time i sold my eth was around 300-350+ that was long ago but know its price value is still the same as it was before.
Its up to you if you want it to be in a long run but i see no future for this coin.
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:19:34 AM

Can the ethereum grow in value as much as bitcoin over time? Maybe now is the time to buy the ethereum and keep it for 2-3 years?
Ponylon

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:28:23 AM

what will you do with that 15$ once you sell it? go to Mc dolands and buy yourself two menus? cause that's what your return is worth now. If you want to invest in something it's better to invest more money than to invest little, because in order to go through this whole process, you are wasting some energy and though into it (how to buy Ethereum, when to buy, when to sell etc.) all this takes time and energy. With your 15$ return you basically value your time and energy at 15$, which is not a lot. If you want to make your time worthwhile and make some serious invesments, then you should risk gaining and losing more. ETH will rise more in the future, but considering your low stack (50$ invested) I would go and invest it in somewhere else, maybe an ICO were your potential return is much bigger.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:33:13 AM

15 dollars for sell Ethereum is not good profit. I propose you wait few months when ethereum price will be bigger. Now it is bad option to sell it
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:38:45 AM

Can the ethereum grow in value as much as bitcoin over time? Maybe now is the time to buy the ethereum and keep it for 2-3 years?

yes of course , etherium can surely follow the footsteps of bitcoin in the long run though it might really take a longer time because etherium is mainly built for a longer term of investment. yet i wont really recomend selling your etherium for now due to the fact that eth is still continue to grow and will possibly reach another all time high , just before the end of the year 2017.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

Hi,

It is too low for a profit IMO so if you don't need it now then just hodl it. I know it ain't bad to take profit once in a while but if you will only gain 15$ from selling your stash then you are better off holding it longer. Despite that I am not against you selling that, it ain't that bad of a move if you want to secure some profit now, you can still probably rebuy in at a lower price after ETH bull run now. Long term investment on ETH will surely be fruitful but it is riskier too.
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:02:13 AM

Long term investmen is good only in long time when its price growth is few times higher. When it gives you fews dollars it is not good time to sell
xiaoyum

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

If I were you I would sell all my ethereum right around $480-500 level. It is already pumped so much. Bitcoin's situation with cash helped this pump so ether will drop in price. It is better to sell now.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

I also think that now is not worth it to sell. Now a lot of new money coming into the crypt. And 2018 will be the year of possibly the strongest growth for the future 10 that will. This is my opinion. I'll wait for the end of 2018 before even thinking to convert ETH to withdraw too be. Investing in a long the most profitable form of investing but also the most profitable

High risk high payoff
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:47:38 AM

Agree, not because ethereum is very high but because bitcoin is very high, therefore when bitcoin starts to crash, it will cause ethereum to crash though so some ether may be sold to buy low.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:14:14 PM

I think the best time to sell ethereum since you already have a profit. Btc price is increasing now possible ethereum will go down below. Still depends if you want it for long term investment.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:02:47 PM

Etc up almost 300% this months meanwhile eth only gets a small gain.

It’s gold for nerds
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:12:32 PM

Hi,

No. Just continue to hold because ETH will grow more this year. I also have like $60 worth of ETH right now but I choose not to dump it. ETH like Bitcoin is a good long term investment. And the renewed interest for ETH is quite unexpected, though I research and see what's really pushing the price and found out that a lot of institutions are going to used ETH, "smart contract".

But if you are happy for your $15 gain and waiting for the price to get up, then you may rightly sell it. Just don't regret your decisions at the end.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀