Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RIPPLE vs Bitcoin. What will banks do?  (Read 1061 times)
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:52:13 PM

Why would they choose the ripple currency ? Just because it is centralised and have controlling prices. No I didn’t not think so. If they want to keep their stability for the long run then they will simply get the bitcoin as primary way of transacting along with the traditional banking system. All it matters is the use of blockchain and I don’t think ripple will help them in anyway here. Though bitcoin is not controlled currency they don’t need its power in that way, rather they will use its market cap to achieve their targets and harness the power of blockchain. That’s all they wanna achieve in first break through. Acquiring ripple, then making it bigger currency by manipulating would be more costlier for banks rather than just having bitcoin.
invest2lose

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:03:35 PM

clueless idiots that think bitcoin is more decentralized than ripple...haha
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:16:14 PM

It seems to be the reason that it is called Riski because the price of Bitakayana is now touching the sky is now the sky touches. On the other hand, Ripple's price is just $ 0.28. So it has become a cause for concern.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:42:50 PM

There will be manipulation and every thing possible just so they'll earm more... the best option is that you have a lot of currencyes, and most in those who you think will prevail... It's very hard to say what'll happen, but the truth is, japan has a lot of money, and we should go where they're going Smiley

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:44:08 PM

If the bank finally accepts ripple then I'm sure the price of ripple will booosted hugely. Ripple is a centralized coin (and bank likes it!) unlike bitcoin or others coin, I think 2018 will be the year of Ripple.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:17:13 PM

I was thinking, due to the exploding stock price of bitcoin, what will the banks do with there coin; ripple? In my perspective, they will do verything in there power to get a large piece of the pie. So they have two options:
- manipulate media and price of bitcoin
- drive the price of ripple to the moon.

If you want to make money on ripple, this is the moment.

What do you think?

Banks will use Ripple, not Bitcoin. The only real question is will banks use XRP as well, or just the Ripple tech? Ripple have really been pushing XRP recently, a lot more than they used to. So yes, I think banks will likely use XRP.

Luke1706

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:32:54 PM

Check out why banks will take Ripple
https://coinpioneer.net/coin-guide/ripple-description
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:34:31 PM

I was thinking, due to the exploding stock price of bitcoin, what will the banks do with there coin; ripple? In my perspective, they will do verything in there power to get a large piece of the pie. So they have two options:
- manipulate media and price of bitcoin
- drive the price of ripple to the moon.

If you want to make money on ripple, this is the moment.

What do you think?

Banks will use Ripple, not Bitcoin. The only real question is will banks use XRP as well, or just the Ripple tech? Ripple have really been pushing XRP recently, a lot more than they used to. So yes, I think banks will likely use XRP.

Mu uestion is, if they are not using xrp wht they are going to use? Their coin which has no recognized value anywhere? At this point they dont need the whole ripple system aswell

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
bababayern

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:37:54 PM

The banks will go for Ripple of course and they'll make sure that the price doesn't become volatile. I would say its the perfect time to invest in ripple when its still cheap and given that it wont rise much and will mostly maintain a stable value.
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:14:39 PM

Ripple differs from other cryptocurrencies. It was created to work like an intermediary between banks and crypto world. This is not a decentralized currency. Banks will sure prefer working with Ripple as Bitcoin cannot be controlled.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:34:45 PM

Bankers will prefer ripple because ripple is a centralized system
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:23:24 PM

Banks have been already dealing with Ripple. This altcoin is a centralized cryptocurrency, and it will be always preferable to banks. They will better ignore Bitcoin as it is a decentralized currency.
Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:31:46 PM

I think the ripple is a centralized coin, unlike bitcoin. ripple ideally suitable for banks, unlike bitcoin.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:35:09 PM

They will not sure Bitcoin. If not for anything else the transactions are too expensive and too time consuming. A lot of banks are already using Ripple to do transactions.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:00:04 PM

Both Ripple and Bitcoin are considered crypto, but really they're in no way similar.  Ripple may be used to transmit currency around the globe, but Bitcoin will (in my opinion) increasingly become a store of value and held for long term gains.  So really, I see banks going in two directions: transmitting currencies and investing.  Banks will use Ripple or some version of it while they purchase Bitcoin for long term gains.  Remember banks use the money we store with them to invest... that's how they make profits.  Once new blood comes into banks that aren't fearful of crypto you'll begin to see them holding crypto in their portfolios.

I second that. I would not bet too strongly on Ripple though as they have been well underperforming the crypto market even with their massive client portfolio.
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:07:38 PM

Do they actually keep the rate at a steady rate 0.2 euro/dollar. Or how does it work, is there a company behind it that they control the supply?

Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:07:56 PM

You need to understand that Ripple and XRP are two different things.  Since many banks are already using the Ripple network, the assumption should be that if banks begin using a cryptocurrency, they will chose XRP over BTC.  However, in general, banks have not yet adopted use of XRP (the Ripple cryptocurrency) for use on the Ripple network.  Up to now, Ripple has not made using XRP a requisite.  

My assumption is that the motivation for this question is to know if XRP would overtake BTC in value if the banks adopt it use.  if there is enough interest and banks begin using XRP, the value should increase.  However, there will be a max of 10 billion XRP, whereas there will only be 21 million BTC.  Based on supply/demand, the value of XRP would likely increase at a slower rate than BTC.  But, if the banks use it, it will be a better long-term hold than BTC.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:15:39 PM

We all know Banks always prefer what they can control and will likely jump on RIpple which won't be a surprise, but that will be a wrong choice because Bitcoin is just starting its journey to $100k and anyone then with 10BTC will be a millionaire in USD, I hope you know what that means
Crypt1x

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:30:50 PM

Ripple already agrees with many banks for money transfers. Bitcoin has no structure to negotiate with banks. Because Bitcoin is not any company or organization.
vaso11

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:37:11 PM

there's even no doubt. Because ripple is the perfect currency for banks, but the bitcoin with its transactions that go for 2 days and commission fees are not suitable for banks

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: