Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS $150 amazon.com gift card for BTC  (Read 2650 times)
alpha523 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:24:49 AM

Wtf. I aleeady did the code at 20% off now I get this crap.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 12:26:43 AM

How do i get this guy the scammer tag?
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

I'm fed up with scammers on here - luckily it's only 1 and a bit BTC - if he doesn't get his coin back then this is going to scammers thread

donations not accepted
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 12:27:58 AM

Also just got my coins back from KingofSports..

Will never attempt a trade here again lesson learned.. If anyone who is not a scammer ever wants to trade I am always in #bitcoin-OTC
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:28:10 AM

Call your credit card company and reverse it. I have refunded the person with the most rep, there is no way to prove anything in this. Both parties have no evidence, either party couldve created email. I am done with escrows done with it all, file scam accusations idc im done. Literally I've lost hope in bitcoin users after this. Itll never be successful long term with people using it like this. Whoever lied go to hell.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 12:28:44 AM

Also thank you nottm28 for helping me out and being honest... obviously that is rare around here.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:29:35 AM

I'm fed up with scammers on here - luckily it's only 1 and a bit BTC - if he doesn't get his coin back then this is going to scammers thread

your just a troll that honestly had no business here. People like you make me sick. I hate scammers but I hate people who get involved in business that is not theirs.

nottm28

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:30:36 AM

your just a troll that honestly had no business here. People like you make me sick. I hate scammers but I hate people who get involved in business that is not theirs.

Just don't like to see people ripped off - like a lot of people on here - old sport

donations not accepted
nottm28

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:31:07 AM

Also thank you nottm28 for helping me out and being honest... obviously that is rare around here.

np

donations not accepted
esadee

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:31:37 AM

Further proof:

It was used to buy Kindle accessories. And alpha523 is the one with a Kindle fetish here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237342.msg2510813#msg2510813

How do i get this guy the scammer tag?

Just make a thread in the Scam Accusations section
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 12:34:10 AM

Can we get this scammer a tag then?
nottm28

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:38:33 AM

Coins were repaid - not a scam this time - no tag required

[EDIT] lessons learned I hope

donations not accepted
esadee

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:40:42 AM

Only because an escrow was used. The OP did make false accusations and TRIED to get the coins.

Blazedout419 Just make a thread in the Scam Accusations section.
nottm28

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:41:32 AM

Only because an escrow was used. The OP did make false accusations and TRIED to get the coins.

Blazedout419 Just make a thread in the Scam Accusations section.

Best to be safe than sorry Smiley

[EDIT] and in this case I think escrow = buyer

donations not accepted
frott

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:54:10 AM

Blazed, I shared screen with alpha and the Amazon representative said it was used on that account. The representative told me it was used at 5:36 PM, about 5 or 6 minutes after the code was sent to you via PM. Looking at the users computer and programs, nothing indicated this person changed photos or did anything illegimately. I checked their amazon account and tabs nothing suspicious, I did not say anything when I studied this. I understand you have your reputation but the evidence here points to the OP being truthfully. I am allowing you 15-30 minutes to provide any evidence you have if anything. After which I will be releasing the escrow. Please do not have ill will towards me, I have tried to be as impartial as I can in this. In the future should I ever choose to escrow again, I will do skype calls sharing screens or literally just ask for account info and add the funds myself so that I am the only one who sees the code n whether or not its legit. I am sorry to both parties for this and I wish you both the best.

What does "shared screen" mean here, the timing seems off.

you were talking to the amazon rep and saw them do this in real time? http://gyazo.com/082a76c33073af11a84b40eb528fc1be ?

Because if you actually saw that, then I'd believe it. Because we have other (more screenshots, easily faked) evidence where reps do not say that.

It's just odd that you claim this very early on in the dispute but then for some reason backpedal when someone else asks the same question and gets a different answer.

I know if i actually talked to a representative, which answer they'd give me.

I'm also interested in how someone else can say "I bought order #12345" and not have to be logged in on the account that actually purchased it to get someone's email address out of amazon. That seems ... fishy ... also. I've checked and here is the email address of the person who redeemed it? Really?

Yikes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: