Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitVisit Needs A Few Testers -- FREE TRAFFIC & REVIEWS  (Read 1525 times)
bitvisit (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 03:08:30 PM by bitvisit

We launched a new pay to review service for our members.

I am in need of some feedback from advertisers on the system and how they like it.

If you own a BitCoin website and would like 25 reviews, I will personally pay for the campaign in exchange for some feedback.

Send me a private message or reply to this thread with your username and URL  if interested.  You must be a registered member at http://www.bitvisit.com

First 10 who respond win!

Thanks!

-BitVisit!

http://bitvisit.com/members/review.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:20:35 AM

Not a registered member, but I'm happy to review bitvisit if you do a test campaign for coinchat.

You can even use your referral link and enter into the 10 BTC compo.
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

Sorry the system requires it to be a registered account with a valid email so it can send review notifications. If you register an account I would be happy to give you the free campaign.
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:14:53 PM

I would love to test your service.

Registered username: jaywaka2713
URL: http://myownaddress.openbtcshop.com

bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Campaign Created and Running. Thanks for trying it out!
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:05:32 PM

Campaign Created and Running. Thanks for trying it out!

Did a quick bug test and tried to review my own site. Failed. Your code looks sound dude!

Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:06:33 PM

btctrinkets.com
Registered username: Isokivi

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:17:37 PM

btctrinkets.com
Registered username: Isokivi

Campaign Setup and Running. Thanks For Trying it out!
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:37:43 PM

Need a few more!  Are you brave enough to have your site reviewed? Huh
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

Bump
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:04:19 PM

Have 3 more campaigns to give away
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:22:20 PM

I'll do it!

Raptorak
http://coinfaucets.tk

Thanks, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:03:12 PM

I'll do it!

Raptorak

Thanks, Smiley.

Campaign is up and running. Thanks!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

I'll do it!

Raptorak

Thanks, Smiley.

Campaign is up and running. Thanks!

Got my first review but it was more spammy than anything (I sent a response to the email to report my reasoning as well). Wish people would take things more seriously.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:37:58 AM

Alright, I want to post a public review and a suggestion for the site. Please understand that this is NOT an attack on the site, nor bitvisit himself. This is solely with the people that are doing the reviews.

Out of 18 reviews I have gotten for my site, only two. Yes, that is *two* of the people have taken it seriously. Sadly, one of those didn't even read the page though (they gave a real review, unlike giving all random ratings and then saying something like "perfect site!" while rating most things low), and instead made suggestions based on features that are "missing" even when they are on the front page...

One person actually went through and evaluated the site, and their information was helpful. I would love to get in contact with this person if there was a way to do it. Rather than call them out directly, it was the person who ended their post with "Good start, but keep going." That person (if they read this and choose to disclose their identity that is fine, but I did not want to do it without permission and I have no idea how to get in contact with them) was the only person I could see that did what they were supposed to. Out of 18 people. That's a 5.56% rate of people who actually care, and that's pretty sad.

Guys, if you are going to review someone's website, take it seriously. Posting random crap or bringing up things that have nothing to do with the website does the owner no good. Throwing up random ratings and then praising how perfect things are does no good.

I would have NO issues if someone rated the site all 1's (the lowest possible) but actually gave input on why they feel that way. You can't simply say "I don't like it" because then I have no idea why. What part is it you don't like? What would make it better? Liking something is subjective; what I like you might not. Therefore I can't possibly sit around guessing at what you may or may not like. That's the whole point of the site reviews to begin with.

So my rating here is going to be pretty low for the rating service and how it's currently run. Again, that is not bitvisit's fault, it is the fault of the people who are spamming through the reviews hoping to get easy money off it. I sincerely hope that bitvisit keeps up with these and starts revoking earnings from people who do that. I sent him some of the reviews I got that were pretty ridiculous and I'm hopeful that he will deal with them. Realistically, he should be removing the earnings from 17/18 of the people that have reviewed the site so far. I'm not asking for more free reviews, either. I think the person I listed above that did what they should have deserves the payment for the 17 that showed they didn't care.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:56:51 AM

Just registered.

I'd like a campaign for coinchat.org. If I get helpful feedback, I probably will purchase. If you support inputs.io, I will purchase.
luke.watson

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:15:42 AM

Have to agree with ranlo

I had better luck with my reviewers and out of a total of 23 I had 4/5 that I would consider acceptable and the rest were clearly people doing it solely for the money. Leaving reviews like;

'Keep up the good work!'
'looks good'
'WORST EVER' - despite leaving high reviews

I think a min character rule needs to be enforced to at least 20/25 characters. Perhaps a new feature could be the choice of the minimum characters to be written can be chosen by the webmasters. They can chose min 20 char for BTCxxx a review, min 100 char for BTCxxxx and 250 for min BTCxxxxx

That way at least people have a choice on how well their sites are reviewed.

My other idea is to dispute a review, if you pay for someone to write a 100 or 250 character review and they come back with some repeated characters x 100 or they just write complete bullshit, you should be allowed to put their payment on hold until they have written a proper review.

The rating idea is a good one and it is important to know how users view your site. But knowing that I score from 3 - 10 in errors really doesnt help me bug test. And knowing that my contact form is from 1 - 10 is useless information. I think also adding a comment form with at least 10 characters per rating will help to justify the given scores.

Remember that you are charging for each review, currently I wouldn't pay to use this site based on the poor quality of reviews I received. I have absolutely no problem with people slandering my site if fact I would encourage it, if people could justify why.

My review for BitVisit

First Impression - 5/10 - slider is not needed and adds nothing to site content - if anything it confuses what the site is about. I found it quite difficult to sign up a top menu/sidebar menu would be a good idea. That being said the member's portal is nice and easy to navigate. Site functions well as expected started to receive traffic almost straight after campaign was set.

Navigation - 3/10 Homepage | 7/10 - Member (as above)

Content - 6/10 - Hard one to judge but there are a lot of good features that could be improved over time. Reviews are a good idea and pay per view is nice for traffic storms

Contact - 5/10 - Contact form on homepage only place I found it. Maybe would be nice on Members portal in case of any queries

Errors - 3/10 - Members portal, under review section hyperlinked table titles - would be better to add a title='title' tag so that titles are easier to understand - or just remove <a> tags completely. My point is I don't understand what authority means in this sense.

Authority - 0/10 - As above I don't understand what it means, domain authority has nothing to do with reviewing a site, perhaps it means how much you trust the site?

Layout - 5/10 - Clear and easy to navigate Member portal - Points lost for index page

Visit Again - 6/10 - Perhaps should be boolean yes/no rather than a rating, you'll either visit a site again or you won't. But it is a nice site and with some improvements could be really good for cheap reviews and traffic

Overall Score - 5/10 - Review quality really let the site down, with some work and some restrictions on what members can get away with, the site could be much better. Remember that you are asking people to part with their hard earned money to use your site for the services you offer, reviews and traffic. If your member's reviews are not up to par, no one will use it

Hope this helps

Luke

*Thank you to anyone who took the time to properly review my site - I will be going through and trying to improve the flaws that were highlighted
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:37:51 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

I do have a two more free sites to add, but I do need your username and your url both..

I am kind of stuck at a crossroads here.. On one hand the better the quality and the more requirements I put in the system, the less likely people will review for the .0001 BTC they get for their review.
If I set the minimum Cost Per Review to a higher number, then the advertisers won't purchase.

It is a hard line to walk, and I will take your suggestions to heart and see what changes I can make to keep everyone happy.

As for Authority, it refers to a websites credibility and knowledge on a specific subject. Would you consider this site and authority on the subject.

If you do review some websites as a member I do spell these topics out in more detail. I will need to add more information on the advertiser side.

Thanks again!
-Bitvisit
bitvisit (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:49:16 PM

Just registered.

I'd like a campaign for coinchat.org. If I get helpful feedback, I probably will purchase. If you support inputs.io, I will purchase.

Campaign setup and running. Thanks for trying it out!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:23:01 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

I do have a two more free sites to add, but I do need your username and your url both..

I am kind of stuck at a crossroads here.. On one hand the better the quality and the more requirements I put in the system, the less likely people will review for the .0001 BTC they get for their review.
If I set the minimum Cost Per Review to a higher number, then the advertisers won't purchase.

It is a hard line to walk, and I will take your suggestions to heart and see what changes I can make to keep everyone happy.

As for Authority, it refers to a websites credibility and knowledge on a specific subject. Would you consider this site and authority on the subject.

If you do review some websites as a member I do spell these topics out in more detail. I will need to add more information on the advertiser side.

Thanks again!
-Bitvisit

Alright, here's an idea... and really the only way I can see this working.

Allow tiered pricing. Ex. the higher pay that's offered up, the more strict quality requirements there are. More or less creating the distinction between quality based on the price (which makes sense when you consider it).

I am really not sure how to handle that though... just figured I would toss out the idea and maybe some brainstorming could go into it or something like it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: