Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:22:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Symmetry - The Safer Cryptocurrency Fund with a Monthly Dividend.  (Read 20440 times)
Mutanca

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:02:04 PM

What is your marketing budget? Do you have enough to promote the project?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
recnapon

Activity: 217

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:19:31 PM

This is an important project. I'm very excited about its development and having the opportunity to support via the ICO.
Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:44:23 PM

Wow, really looking forward to try the product! Do I have to be a citizen of a specific country to become a user? 
symmetry.fund (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Symmetry Fund

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:31:58 PM

I can not understand how the dividends will be paid, everything will depend on the profit of the project for the month. In what proportion will payments in relation to the number of tokens that will be on my wallet

Proportionally across all SYMM shareholders

Join The Next Generation Cryptofund - Symmetry Fund. Monthly Dividends Paid In ETH. Buyback Option Is Available. www.symmetry.fund
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:53:36 AM

I can not understand how the dividends will be paid, everything will depend on the profit of the project for the month. In what proportion will payments in relation to the number of tokens that will be on my wallet

Anyone else who owns the token will receive it? Or just shareholders or those who bought tokens at ICO?

OI
Tator

Activity: 228

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:51:28 PM

Hello
In your whitepaper you mentioned that 20% of the fund will be invested in promising ICO.
Do you have in mind some particular ICOs?
symmetry.fund (OP)
Copper Member

Symmetry Fund

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:36:14 PM

Anyone else who owns the token will receive it? Or just shareholders or those who bought tokens at ICO?

Any SYMM tokenholder will receive dividends

Join The Next Generation Cryptofund - Symmetry Fund. Monthly Dividends Paid In ETH. Buyback Option Is Available. www.symmetry.fund
symmetry.fund (OP)
Copper Member

Symmetry Fund

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:38:38 PM

Hello
In your whitepaper you mentioned that 20% of the fund will be invested in promising ICO.
Do you have in mind some particular ICOs?

We research and assess each ICO before putting it on tokenholder voting. We will not invest in mining, lending and utopic ideas.

Glen Thompson

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:06:37 AM

How the prevention of adverse influence of SYMM on the markets will be realized?
iphone5s

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:01:41 AM

This is an important project. I'm very excited about its development and having the opportunity to support via the ICO.

this is a project you should follow because it has a good chance of being big and successful in the future and if you don't join in it seems like something that is detrimental. Smiley

Chermander

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:16:51 AM

the ICO sounds intriguing. I'm wondering what happens as more and more green energy comes online, which will make the value proposition drop. How does the operation and token plan to deal with that?
FranzyFox

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:46:31 AM

Hi
How are u going to be profitable? I mean how the project is going to bring the money for founders?
Maybe I missed smth
thx in advance for the explanation
deparni

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:31:52 AM

Hi everyone! Have you seen any other similar projects already?
macolde

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:08:36 AM

Hi, I have not seen anything like it yet. So I think this is the best project now. True. I look forward to seeing all functions
TrePexen

Activity: 184

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

Hi, I haven't seen anything similar. I think that project is kind of unique speaking about their concept and proposed solutions
Captain_Killer

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:11:42 AM

In what currency SYMM funds will be stored?
gastlator

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:31:46 AM

Is it possible to participate in your ICO from any country?
rijnsent

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:20:08 AM
Merited by Pflit (1)

Conclusion: I did like this ICO at first sight and felt inclined to invest. I did my due diligence and found so many red flags that I won't invest and earmark this ICO as a SCAM, one of the most convincing ones I've seen.

Let me give you a list of red flags that I've built up:
  • all linkedin team member profiles seem to be rather new, no recommendations present although the got "polished up" quite a bit over the past weeks
  • names of individuals show nothing when searching the with Google (apart from LinkedIn & their own site). So nobody has a social profile or any other coverage? That's weird for a team that claims so many years of finance & investment experience. The answer I got from Andrew in the Telegram group was: "We are coming from old fashioned, traditional financial institutions, most of us never had or have social profiles, we just don't use them. We avoid SM as much as possible. You can search for any recognized fund manager with German background and you won't find a thing. It's normal. You are welcome to join us in Dallas, TX on Feb 16-18, BTC/ETH Super conference to meet all of us.". Conveniently after round 1 of the ICO closes.
  • the one time they were supposed to show up, in Dubai (jan 9th 2018, Dubai International Blockchain Summit), but nobody was there. They claimed "we didn't pay on time", really?
  • if they really are fund managers/investors, they probably have Bloomberg for stock rates etc. Like linkedin, Bloomberg is searchable and no Andrew LEWIN shows up. When a friend asked Andrew about it, he got banned from the Telegram group.
  • other critical sounds are not welcome: two critical reddit posters got banned from the Telegram channel too
  • if the team has worked in Zurich (CH) in finances, there is a good chance they had to be registered (like a bankers oath), none of the team members show up: https://zh.chregister.ch/cr-portal/suche/suche.xhtml
  • website of symmetry itself is registered through a hosting/DNS lookup protecting construction (Domains by proxy), so is fully anonymous - https://www.whois.com/whois/symmetry.fund
  • if you look at the code of the website images, they don't have person names but e.g. advisor-2.jpg and team-1.jpg. That feels weird, most other sites I checked had more meaningful filenames like andrew_lewin.jpg etc. That is what this guy spotted too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2480514.msg28390839#msg28390839
  • I emailed Polaris Investors AG, the company of the advisor "Mike Henkel". Their quick reply was "We were not aware of the fact that apparently people are using our name on Linkedin. This guy seems to be a fake and does not work with us. Honestly, I would not touch an ICO where a guy claims to be an advisor if he uses firm names randomly". And I got a kind remark that they would short SYMM Smiley.
  • though connections, EPAM's HR department stated there was no Vladimir Savochkin there
  • their source code in Github is available, but the person who made the first commit (almost all the code) is gone - no account there anymore, just a name: Waqas Khokhar  https://github.com/symmetryfund/symmetry/commits/master
  • Check on the Cayman Islands chamber of commerce for Symmetry Fund: no such company - http://web.caymanchamber.ky/directory/results.aspx?Keywords=symmetry+fund
  • I haven't seen a photo of the whole team together, which would make sense if it's just a collection of modified stockphotos. You wouldn't start a 4 million USD business without knowing each other, would you?
  • A friend talked to the lawyer Mykola on Skype. He is real and does consulting for Symmetry, even got paid for it. However: he never saw any papers and never met anybody in person, just gave advice. So again, nobody has seen Andrew & his team.
  • The fund meter shows 4000+ ETH collected, although only 900+ ETH show in the address where the ETH is sent to. They claim in their Telegram that the rest came in as BTC from early investors, but that's nowhere to be found.
  • Check the photo under this medium post: https://medium.com/@irfanmuhammadsyamsularief/investment-with-the-symmetry-fund-f5abafde425  -> all advisors have been changed. The full COSS team was there, now it's two/three people that can't be found in real life. From COSS I got back: "I am not an advisor of that ICO and I don't have any link to it."
  • The advisor named Leah Kronshage was removed from the English site. When asked about it on Telegram, Andrew stated: "he is an impersonator". Weird though, if you switch the language of their site to Korean, Leah is still there...

How many more red flags do you need?

My thoughts:
  • this is a SCAM, set up by a small core group
  • nobody has ever seen him/her/them/it in person and people asking questions about that are banned from the Telegram group.
  • They really know their business: they show in their website and in the Telegram group quite a bit of knowledge on the crypto world, so are convincing.
  • they did hire (and pay) some external parties to make the ICO look more legit, but none of those parties has ever met any of the ICO core team. Examples are Mykola and a guy I talked to that was paid to be a community manager.
  • they are getting better as they go, slowly improving their scam game, involving more external people and even paying those external people. That's a good business lesson: you have to spend money to make money.
  • They started slow, but as the ICO got picked up by some ICO rating sites and gave them more legitimacy. It's basically only self-confirmation: none of these sites really checked the team members or spoke to anybody in person.

So I'm sorry for the people who gave them their money, you can follow it through their smart contract on the ethereum blockchain:  https://etherscan.io/token/0xb54da0854f41396886eb728e0f8082382281f84a . They will probably kick me from the Telegram channel and try to remove this post, but hope I saved you some ETH.
rudilo

Activity: 1834
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:27:14 AM

the symmetry project offers a good new fan idea for me, Cryptocurrency Fund is Safe with Monthly Dividend .. an interesting idea for me, I am happy to participate in this project .. I think the idea offered is really interesting, the team that work hard I am sure the project this will be a great project .. with a professional team, all targets have been prepared to be obtained ,. a profitable project in my opinion .. investors I think will be interested in this project, I hope this project will be successful
Varsity_Blues

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:26:52 PM

As i saw, not a bad idea of the project and team is quite good. But there are some comments like it's a scam and all. I don't know what to say, but I still believe in this project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: