Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Symmetry - The Safer Cryptocurrency Fund with a Monthly Dividend.  (Read 20447 times)
Moto_angel

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:26:48 AM

A friend told me about the concept of the project and now I want to invest.
What is the minimum investment?
TheLazyCryptoInvestor

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:49:27 AM

To all here who still believe it is not a scam.  I suggest to wait after ico ended and buy it on the open market afterwards or wait for the second round to invest. You might pay a bit more for it if it turns out te be legit, but it saves you money if it is not.
bootlegneurons

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:32:38 AM

i have nothing to do with Symmetry fund. i took over the Telegram channel to help prevent people from getting scammed.

Suspected that might be the case after I posted, so if a channel gets deleted anyone can register one with the same name?

thier ether account.
https://etherscan.io/address/0xbEadA3257BFf2d41eF6e563190e6624B57eAcc89

look where all the coins get transferred to they go through a few wallets but end up.

https://etherscan.io/address/0xb3aaaae47070264f3595c5032ee94b620a583a39

check the comments against this wallet.

Interesting, and valid point... although the comments suggest that address has been associated with phishing scams. I haven't contributed to the ICO myself, but is it possible that the contribution system has been compromised by a hacker?

Thanks to bootlegneurons to point out some of the weaker spots in my list of Big Red Flags, but it's still a SCAM. Let's assume for a second you're not part of this scammers team, in that case I'd like to thank you for help me improving my skills to find a next scam.
Definitely not part of the team - SYMM has just been on my radar and I was planning to invest because it looked promising. Just trying to do due diligence and clear up some points. We're on the same team.

Vlad a speaker? A pity they don't mention him on their site: https://www.bitcoinsuperconference.com/speakers/ , I bet you all the SYMMs I have that I will get feedback from that conference that they don't know any Vlad Savochkin.
Yeah, he's not listed, so I emailed them directly at organizer@bitcoinsuperconference.com to ask, and got a reply from a Richard Jacobs from Speakeasy Marketing confirming his attendance.

You totally got me on the Cayman Island registry vs Chamber of Commerce, I might consider striking it of my list and getting myself a free account next time. But then, you could have sent my this official paperwork too Smiley : http://loophole4all.com/?id_i=82395&id_e=63594&company=SYMM+LTD.
Haha... I think there's a slight difference with your site! But I see your point, it's probably easy enough to register a company if you're a scammer.

Andrew Lewin does exits... Thanks for the link to that Financial Services Register. Did you however expand the block at the bottom? That Andrew Lewin has worked for e.g. Royal Bank of Canada and Kleinsworth Benson bank. That is a 100% mismatch with the profile that the "Andrew Lewin" of Symmetry has given, it's a different person.
Good catch, thanks for pointing that out.

To all here who still believe it is not a scam.  I suggest to wait after ico ended and buy it on the open market afterwards or wait for the second round to invest. You might pay a bit more for it if it turns out te be legit, but it saves you money if it is not.
^ Very good idea. I'm sure a managed fund style of token isn't going to trade at much of a premium over its NAV.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some good counter-arguments. The company/team directly involved could certainly be scammers, but I also wonder if they might be innocent and have been hacked somehow? It's certainly worrying that they haven't addressed these allegations directly and have shut down their communication channels instead of tackling the situation head-on or releasing a press statement though.

I think I will wait until it hits an exchange (if that ever happens).
Raiku WanGS

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:51:39 AM

thier ether account.
https://etherscan.io/address/0xbEadA3257BFf2d41eF6e563190e6624B57eAcc89

look where all the coins get transferred to they go through a few wallets but end up.

https://etherscan.io/address/0xb3aaaae47070264f3595c5032ee94b620a583a39

check the comments against this wallet.

Interesting, and valid point... although the comments suggest that address has been associated with phishing scams. I haven't contributed to the ICO myself, but is it possible that the contribution system has been compromised by a hacker?

the first ether to hit that account was transferred to that account so if it was it was right from the beginning 49 days ago. it was happening from the start. and you would pick up pretty quick if it had been stolen. if it was me i would be watching my wallet from the start.

i'm sure they are doing all sorts of nasty shit all over the internet why would you stop at one thing. this is why it makes it dodgy. if it only held the ether from symmetry fund then it wouldn't look bad.

you also noticed that they have gone dead on twitter. going from posting multiple times a day to nothing. they know the jig is up. the site is still up so people stupid enough to keep giving them ether will keep going into the account.
TheLazyCryptoInvestor

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:57:31 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some good counter-arguments. The company/team directly involved could certainly be scammers, but I also wonder if they might be innocent and have been hacked somehow? It's certainly worrying that they haven't addressed these allegations directly and have shut down their communication channels instead of tackling the situation head-on or releasing a press statement though.

I think I will wait until it hits an exchange (if that ever happens).

If somehow they might been hacked. I would think Andrew would reply to my messages and email. He has not even read my telegram messages since Jan 25 or respond to my email about my guestions to comment on the sitiuation after Rijnsent posted his findings here and in their telegram.

Anayajurus

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:10:59 PM

This a long-term and promising project which is handled by professional team. Do you accept BTC?
Ttexav

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

Thanks for the great project. A good coin with excellent opportunities. I wish you success in your further work Cheesy
Is there a min/max eth contribution?
Grinin

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:40:40 PM

I was wondering if this ICO will be open to US and Chinese citizens?
Waiting for more info to get a deeper understanding about the project.
Tator

Activity: 228

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:05:52 PM

Hi guys, Im relatively new to this ICO thing. I still need to study the whitepaper of this project. But what payments methods can I use?
TheLazyCryptoInvestor

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:12:11 PM

Hi guys, Im relatively new to this ICO thing. I still need to study the whitepaper of this project. But what payments methods can I use?

Read this http://www.binaryoptionsheriff.com/make-money-ico-investment/ and take a good look at point 1 and 3 (rest also very important)
ninja007gaiden

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:21:01 PM

I don't find necessary info here. Like no of coins And how you gonna achieve your goals etc....Why should I invest With very low activity and lots of questions
Gajurus

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:32:21 PM

I really want to see admin's answers in this thread, is ths possible? I personally don't consider Symmetry as a scam
TheLazyCryptoInvestor

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:13:28 PM

I really want to see admin's answers in this thread, is ths possible? I personally don't consider Symmetry as a scam

The team member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1335814 who has started this thread has not logged in since Jan 26... about the same moment they stopped responding and this (most possible) scam was exposed
Desobediente

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:41:46 PM

Andrew Lewin does not answer my messages or emails either, before the rumors on Friday he did.

I think Symmetry is a scam.

I have invested 2 ETH  in 20 SYMM that I don't think are ever worth anything Sad
JHR1963

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:47:20 PM

I just reported the first post to the moderator to take a close look and consider this a scam. I suggest we all do. There is more evidence against it than clear answers proving it legitim, have not seen one of those
Gajurus

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:56:11 PM

Is there any possibility that they just got hacked? All of this looks really bad Undecided
blacksky

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:13:25 PM

Luckily I only added their signature for 3 weeks and not invest any money in this scam. Sorry for all who did, but I also thought it is a real project. I was too lazy too dig deeper when checking the project. But I have to admit, the scam was really done professionally.
JHR1963

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:16:06 PM

Is there any possibility that they just got hacked? All of this looks really bad Undecided

if only the telegram channel was hacked. Why not respond in any other ways to communicate, like twitter, medium channel, their own website, here. After the fud broke out, they did not try to counter the arguments against, they deleted the chat and stopped responding to other channels..... this is no hack
JHR1963

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:22:58 PM

But I have to admit, the scam was really done professionally.

Could not agree more. Followed the chat for a few weeks, did not digged deeper because I had some time left and expected eth to drop more. Was about to invest large in it.

Also no answers back from Andrew or Vlad
Zabivelli

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:21:57 PM

Very promising project in my opinion. I liked it right away because I read the description and what the dev team plans to do in the future. If it goes that way, then we are waiting for a profit project for early investors. And I wanted to know the maximum hardcap of the project?

Blind fool, you don't see here everyone saying it's scam and you still think this is a solid project? Looool this happens when you don't read.

Use my link to sign up for Crypto.com and we both get $50 USD. You get many staking advantages and you can get the Visa card to spend crypto anywhere in the world. Every time you spend, you get cash back in $MCO. Depending on your card you get free Netflix, Spotify, Airport lounge key and other benefits! The cards are free!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: