Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RTBTC - Bitcoin Exchange Trading Interface  (Read 13733 times)
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 01:25:53 AM

This looks great..

Is there "ANY" chance that automated trading could be added in the future?

And is there "ANY" chance you will someday take other forms of payment?  Such as Paypal?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clark (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 06:38:54 PM

Is there "ANY" chance that automated trading could be added in the future?

And is there "ANY" chance you will someday take other forms of payment?  Such as Paypal?

Well of course there's a non-zero chance of those things happening, but I'd put a much lower probability on the first than on the second Wink

In fact, you might see fiat payment sooner rather than later.

Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:48:36 PM

I believe this latest version fixes the Safari load-time error with "requestAnimationFrame".

But please note that I'm still getting what appears to be a socket.io-related error.

Code:
Error during WebSocket handshake: 
  location mismatch:
    wss://socketio.mtgox.com/socket.io/1/websocket/h7DdnfzXriu0HSpKqDZs?Currency=USD
    !=
    ws://socketio.mtgox.com/socket.io/1/websocket/h7DdnfzXriu0HSpKqDZs?Currency=USD

It seems that it has to do with Safari's same-origin policy for WebSockets. If you're seeing this problem, it means that you will not get real time data in Safari. There may be a fix for this, but I'm testing on Safari Windows, so I don't see the latest version that OSX has.

Just an update, I've been running this on Safari since your updates and everything on my end seems to be working great.  No issues to report.  Looking forward to any and all additions to this platform.

Also, I agree...automated trading would be a positive game changer.  Could possibly justify a higher price point too. 

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:26:51 PM

Clark,

Is there any way to get an H2 period added?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

Is there any way to get an H2 period added?

Yep  Smiley

Also, the newest version adds the Simple Ticker module:

The simple ticker provides a large view of the current bid/ask, for glancing quickly at the screen from a distance. The triangle shows the direction of the last trade, up or down.

And by popular request, the platform now shows times in the user's local timezone. There will be an option in the future to switch back to UTC.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:18:23 AM

Can different charts be allocated to different screens?

Sort of like so:

Or at least...different browser tabs?
XZed

Activity: 309

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:36:53 AM

Can different charts be allocated to different screens?

Sort of like so:

Or at least...different browser tabs?

I hope so because I was planning buying / mounting such setup Smiley.

By the way, I think answer is positive..
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 07:33:11 PM

The multi-window platform is in the works  Grin

It will be awesome.

XZed

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:38:11 AM

Bitcoin Charts down :/

http://bitcoincharts.com/
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 10:38:39 AM

What does that have to do with this?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
XZed

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:40:45 AM

What does that have to do with this?

Sorry, I was referring to setup discussed a previous and forgot to quote
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 08:06:09 PM

RTBTC now supports multiple Mt. Gox fiat currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, PLN, and USD.

Enjoy  Smiley

goldmar

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:14:56 PM

Hi Clark,

your platform looks amazing!

Could you tell a bit about the technical implementation details? Mostly I'd love to know (1) what framework you're using for the modular window-based layout and (2) are you using some sort of library for the rendering of the charts and technical indicators or have you written everything from scratch? And (3) did you work on the project alone and how many hours went into it? Looks like a lot... I study computer science that's why I'm interested Wink

Mark
Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:11:23 PM

Hi Clark,

your platform looks amazing!

Could you tell a bit about the technical implementation details? Mostly I'd love to know (1) what framework you're using for the modular window-based layout and (2) are you using some sort of library for the rendering of the charts and technical indicators or have you written everything from scratch? And (3) did you work on the project alone and how many hours went into it? Looks like a lot... I study computer science that's why I'm interested Wink

Mark

Thank you for the compliments!

1) I took advantage of the jQuery UI draggable and resizable plugins, but I worked through all of the details like window overlap and data communication.
2) The chart is all mine Smiley It's raw HTML 5 canvas, so I'm pushing every pixel. I compute all the technical indicators.
3) The first prototype of the windowing system was running in June 2011. RTBTC had been a significant side project for over two years at the time of launch.

genuise

Activity: 379

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 04:54:51 PM

Hi, Clark, thank you for excelent job!

I have one question. Recently on or two days mtgox stream api often freezes which is visible on your first on your free charting platform as not new trades appear during long time and any changes to arderbook are made.

As I can understand the same effect should be preent on you paid platform too as it also connects slient directly to mtgox websocket. Am I right?

Or maybe you did implement any additional way fo getting trades and/or orderbook updates too? From bitcoincharts for example?

I have a subscirbtion to your paid platform that is why I am interested how robust it is in times of mtgox freezes.

thank you

Clark (OP)

So much code.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:07:20 PM

Hi, Clark, thank you for excelent job!

I have one question. Recently on or two days mtgox stream api often freezes which is visible on your first on your free charting platform as not new trades appear during long time and any changes to arderbook are made.

As I can understand the same effect should be preent on you paid platform too as it also connects slient directly to mtgox websocket. Am I right?

Or maybe you did implement any additional way fo getting trades and/or orderbook updates too? From bitcoincharts for example?

I have a subscirbtion to your paid platform that is why I am interested how robust it is in times of mtgox freezes.

thank you

I have connected RTBTC directly to the raw Mt. Gox WebSocket, which has exhibited much better uptime for me during my testing. I have a Python program that stays connected for days at a time, for instance.

We will see how well RTBTC holds up during wild market movements, but eventually I want to switch to a hosted solution where I deliver streaming data to all connected platforms. If the real time feed cuts out to the server, then I can begin polling and send that data to the connected clients until streaming returns. Many exchanges do not allow browsers to grab API resources due to Cross-Origin restrictions, so a server relay is required for much of the polling going on out there.

If Mt. Gox streaming freezes on their end, then there is nothing anyone can do to get true streaming data. RTBTC will reconnect automatically after 10s if it detects a failure of the streaming feed though.

Thanks for your support of RTBTC!

genuise

Activity: 379

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:10:30 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 12:07:11 PM by genuise

When mtgox stream api freezes mtgox still sends its trade stream to bitcoincharts. And thus it is possible to get trades from this channel even when mtgox stream api is freezed.

We use this two possibilities in our service. Maybe this can help you too.

EDIT:
I have connected RTBTC directly to the raw Mt. Gox WebSocket, which has exhibited much better uptime for me during my testing.

So you realised two different imlementations one for WebSocket and one for socket.io interfaces of mtgox right in the same code?

am I right?

if yes what logic do you use to switch between them?

Sergey30

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 11:59:45 AM

Yesterday I hardly brought all bitcoin from Mt.Gox and switched to Bitstamp. On the Mt.Gox I can make deal 600% per annum. I used RTBTC and Bitconium for price alert. Are you planed support for Bitstamp?

p.s. yes, indeed the last few days I have seen freezing RTBTC. And on the http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/ everything was in order and a glass of the same could be seen.

----------------======= MFCoin & Freeland * mfcoin.net ====-----------
Virtual state Freeland, big social project based on blockchain and crypto-tech
realcoin

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:54:30 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 04:19:42 PM by realcoin

Hello,

I cant drag the window to enlarge it. Sad How to do?

EDIT
 Grin got it! You have to unLock the window! Wink

But other question!
"My Orders" window, the Buy orders are above the Sell orders, why? How can this be changed? How to sort the columns?
In my mtgox account they are sorted by price. But RTBTC dont take this setting.

Thanks

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
realcoin

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:54:54 PM

Layout question.
Would it be possible to save a layout with different currency settings?
E.g. Layout for BTC/USD and other for BTC/EUR base

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: