Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which makes sense to buy a bitcoin or to buy a altcoin?  (Read 1635 times)
khichariya1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:47:10 AM

Not sure if this is the best time to be buying bitcoin. A lot of people have been talking about the "bitcoin bubble" and so the price might fall rapidly in the upcoming weeks .Altcoins for short-term hold and day trading, BTC or more high profile coin is should behold as long-term.
Guddini

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:02:53 AM

I want to buy altcoin or bitcoin for investment purposes before January
Which one do you recommend to buy?
Or some bitcoin and some altcoin?

if you clearly earn the conditions before the beginning of the year, then it is better to look at the alternative coins, there they can be mad at a short distance

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:04:44 AM

Both make sense, But Bitcoins will appreciate more than altcoins. So you diversified and distribute it across bitcoins and altcoins.

8rch7

Activity: 1358
Merit: 464

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:05:37 AM

I think buy some bitcoin and some altcoin would be better, there is says do not put eggs in one basket.
if you feel bitcoin more potential, you can make allocation percentage, for example buy bitcoin 60%, buy altcoin 40%.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:26:20 AM

I guess either will actually give you some profits but if you want to gain huge profits, i say you go for bitcoin. Though altcoins will also give you huge profits but you have to know which altcoins will and is good long term investments. Other than that, make sure that the alcoin that you invest in is worth every risk and is quite established in terms of security and growth is value.

william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:33:58 AM

Invest in top ten in market cap excluding forked coins, similar or new technology.  So that leaves Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash*, Ripple, Dash, IOTA.  Other coins would be Monero and Nav Coin

*Exception for Bitcoin Cash.  Still some life in this coin.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:43:32 AM

First time i will tell you that i just want to share my personal opinions and not advice for investment, remember that. Let's go
Many people said that the bitcoin's price will be more than $11.000/bitcoin on early January 2018 i think bitcoin is good choice for investment, i see ethereum classic ETC will be more expensive too before january 2018 because it will makes updating in hard fork monetery policy on ETC's network on middle December 2017, the amount of ETC will be decreased it has chance the price of ETC will rise on two weeks after.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:54:11 AM

I think bitcoins would be a steady investment if the current trend continues, $15,000 might just easy next year if big eyes are not giving them up, NASDAQ is listing bitcoin soon. Altcoins are generally riskier but just their reward is so awesome if you got the timing right, who doesn't like to went on pump after stocking some of these alts, but generally every investment should be diversified to reduce your risks, maybe a 50/50 in solid bitcoin and some other alts which you find interesting and 2018 would be a good year for them.

luffare

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:55:05 AM

I agree with pikebu,  his opinion about etherium classic makes a good sense. Etherium is one of the most interesting altcoins, I would say it's number one altcoin and Etherium Classic its fork is a very much promising coin. Another words "In ETH we trust".Wink
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:15:01 AM

I think you can buy some bitcoin even if not the whole 1 btc you can buy some of it or maybe ETH, I think it is a good coin to buy. ETH is still low and afford by some as of now ETH is next with bitcoin so try some ETH.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:44:49 AM

Bitcoin is good for long term investment so i think holding bitcoin is profitable, in just a month or a week the price always increase and you can also hold Altcoin maybe you should split your money in the two the bitcoin and altcoin.
Palmholder

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:57:24 AM

I advice you to buy both, even several coins. Dont keep all eggs in one basket. People use different coins for different purposes, while bitcoin is mostly digital asset other coins used at ritail market because of low comission. It means they may develop differently

tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:42:27 AM

You should buy bitcoin for investment, up to now bitcoin still pumping up but if your not used to bitcoin I also recommend ethereum.
Usui-Chan

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:43:53 AM

If you can afford to buy a sufficient amount of bitcoin, then you should prioritized doing that, but if you have just the right amount to buy some bitcoin and invest in altcoin (which I prefer you should put some on ethereum), then it seems to be the perfect way and makes perfect sense.
chimcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:02:21 AM

In my opinion, both of Bitcoin and altcoin make sense. The reasons are many,it all depends on your plans and financial capabilities. Now,the price of Bitcoin is on high side but if you have enough cash to buy Bitcoin,it is also right time to invest;whether long or short term investment,there is that risk even as in every other business. You can invest in altcoin by taking advantage of the low price in mostly long term investment to ripe when the price goes up.
Plixs

Activity: 297
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:28:32 AM

I will choose both while you making profit with trade on altcoin you also need Bitcoin for investment and pay something on the internet if you're lazy to convert to flat first. You can't use just altcoin because lack of members accepts this coin for payment.
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:43:57 AM

well it depends on which one you can buy but i would suggest if you can buy both of them much better since both bitcoin and some altcoins are stabled and keeps on increasing their price.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:24:29 AM

I will buy both, Bitcoin is acceptable in the my country and can convert them to my currency.  Altcoin on the other hand is a little risky but very profitable once you get familiar on buying, trading and converting it to Bitcoin.  There are ICO that has a potential for growth but be aware too that there are those who just fade.  Buying Altcoin needs much research and speculations.
0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:28:53 AM

I think it better if you have some BTC but right now, the price is quite high so put up the order.
kz06

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

1st you'll buy bitcoin then u can invest in altcoins with your bitcoin. its on you that you want to invest in altcoins or not. this make sense. i guess
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: