Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:18:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which makes sense to buy a bitcoin or to buy a altcoin?  (Read 1635 times)
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 12:10:38 PM

I alway invest in BTC and Altcoin to diversify the risk. Investing in altcoin is also very good before January because a lot of them will complete their roadmap at Q1. But I you prefer to play safe then it is better to have like 50 percent bitcoin and 50 percent altcoins in your portfolio. You can use coinmarketcap to search the altcoins and pick one then do some research.They also have a very good upcoming ICO
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

For me, both has make sense so I think you can buy them both with propotion of 70% for bitcoin because it will surely give you profit and 30% for altcoin but you should be very careful in choosing which altcoin you should buy because there are altcoin that can give you profit and there are some that can leave you nothing. Do some research first before you buy altcoins.
SlickTight

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:40:33 PM

If you ask me i would say bitcoin, bitcoin's value is growing up or should i say it is pumping that is why there is no doubt that it's value will be growing higher and higher, i also recommend you to try alt coins but choose the best and i think the best altcoin so far is the electroneum which i heard it's value is pumping so far
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:42:58 PM

I want to buy altcoin or bitcoin for investment purposes before January
Which one do you recommend to buy?
Or some bitcoin and some altcoin?
According to some traders bitcoin has still more potential to increase in price so it is beneficial that you invest in bitcoin but a long with that i am also seeing that the price of ethereum is also increasing with time and it will also gain a high value in the future if some merchants started to use it. So it is also better that you invest in ethereum if you want altcoins.
luffare

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:55:17 PM

Obviously bitcoin is miles ahead of every other altcoin.
maybe it will be a surprise to you but there is an altkoin which costs two times more than your majesty bitcoin.  surprised? think I'm joking? no way!!! that altkoin is real you can find it in the coinmarketcap site list and it's name is 42-coin! it costs 2. 28 BTC! or $25 350.40... impressed? me too,  especially for the first time when I found out 'bout it.
Aleator

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:03:32 PM

i hold(buy) bitcoin not more than 40% from my budget, then altcoin for the rest.  I know with holding bitcoin it's easy to gain a profit even you didn't always online, but from altcoin if you wanna short term invest i suggest you to bought some alt, like xlm or eth, and maybe the new comers BTG

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:14:05 PM

Both makes sense.
If you know more about bitcoin then you might get weary in just waiting for the price increase. So just buy it and let it be.
Get some altcoins to make it more exciting.
ERC20 coins under Ethereum is fun to trade. It is easier and monitoring them is a little faster for me then any other altcoins out there.
Just pick your best choice according to your knowledge regarding those new coins.
jrrigs

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:21:58 PM

Just as they say, dont put your eggs in one basket. Buy bitcoin (prio) and altcoins at the same time. Just make sure to check marketcap trends before buying to maximize profit/earnings.

* * * Discover the Secret Formula used by billion dollar whales to TRIPLE or even QUADRUPLE profits!! Click HERE to know how. * * *
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:35:30 PM

Buy bitcoin for short term investment.. but if you want to invest on long term..i say to invest in ethereum thr best option for long term investment. Also if you can invest in both then its the best. if low amount then ethereum is best.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:38:29 PM

Bitcoin is always the first choice for investment as you can see how the price is moving high, but if you want to go for any altcoin then you can go with, ETH, DASH, ICN,TIME. This are some coins which i am holding for long time.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:41:10 PM

If you do have the money to invest on then both have really the sense on investing on them.The thing here is that you should just need to entry for the best possible spot for you to make money on a short period of time.We do know that bitcoin do have that capability and so as on altcoin too but just on selective coins only.If you do know how to spot or research which altcoin then it would really be still worth of to invest.Anything has risk and if you dont dare to risk then dont expect to gain something.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:14:20 PM

It makes a lot of sense for me to buy bitcoins as I'm sure that its value would continue to increase in the long run unlike majority of altcoins where the PnD's are everywhere. That being said, the only acceptable altcoin for me are Eth and Neo--with these two making up my portfolio.
genesis53

Activity: 522

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 04:39:08 PM

If you have a budget, I would suggest buying bitcoin,  because the bitcoin price now is more stable now than before and it's possible the bitcoin value will get double in the next couple of months or year according to some crypto experts. It makes sense to buy bitcoin now because it's less risky.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:42:03 PM

I think if you do both it would be best, that way if either ones goes down you will still have the other.  Do some decent research on the altcoin you choose before going for it to make sure it's not a dud.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:12:59 AM

depending on your capital, I think it's better to buy bitcoin and altcoin and leave to follow the ICO that you think is good. or other investments
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:16:20 AM

Buying Bitcoin for short-term investment is still the best idea because the price is still increasing when it already hit $12,000.
But most people do divide their portfolio like 50% Bitcoin and 50% Altcoins.

johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:18:11 AM

Just buy BTC as much as you can before the year ends,then dump it before 2018 because it will still pump upto $25k each bitcoin.

Kolokoy

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:18:22 AM

depending on your capital, I think it's better to buy bitcoin and altcoin and leave to follow the ICO that you think is good. or other investments

Indeed, capital should be considered if you want big profit. The more your capital would likely will determine the amount of your profit. The less capital will give you almost nothing.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:19:43 AM

I prefer the latter. It is wiser to invest in both altcoins and Bitcoin. You know why? Because the movements of these two categories are most of the time nonparallel. When there is a very strong rally in Bitcoin's price, the altcoins will most probably suffer. They will be at the receiving end of Bitcoin's bullish growth. But then when Bitcoin moves sideways or dips a little, the altcoins will fly.
Kolokoy

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:21:20 AM

Just buy BTC as much as you can before the year ends,then dump it before 2018 because it will still pump upto $25k each bitcoin.

Bitcoin BTC will surely give you good return of investment no matter how small is your investment capital but for long-term investment you should divide 50-50, half for Bitcoin and the other half would be for Altcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: