Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which makes sense to buy a bitcoin or to buy a altcoin?  (Read 1635 times)
musikgreg

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:04:37 PM

It is important to distinguish between short and mid/long-term view. In short term I think Btc might decrease at the beginning of 2018 first, then it will be a good time to buy. Referring to altcoins, you have to look at each single one and analyze it if investment is promising.In general, in mid/long-term it is probably a good idea to invest in Btc as the value might further increase due to even more public attention.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:54:39 PM

Now the price of bitcoin is pretty low, but I think it will be more logical to buy bitcoin at the more deep correction. I think that after a correction, bitcoin will start to rise rapidly up to 30-50k

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:42:07 PM

It is important to distinguish between short and mid/long-term view. In short term I think Btc might decrease at the beginning of 2018 first, then it will be a good time to buy. Referring to altcoins, you have to look at each single one and analyze it if investment is promising.In general, in mid/long-term it is probably a good idea to invest in Btc as the value might further increase due to even more public attention.

Public attention means more users and investor but it also means more temptation to regulate and speculate. If BTC keeps these price levels, it won't be long before governments/politicians, pressured by bankers/brokers will start to intervene.

Is this proves to be a bubble, then it will be a significant blow to all the crypto reputation and credibility.

If BTC and general crypto prices keep on rising, then some of us will be very happy for some time but it won't last long.

Now the price of bitcoin is pretty low, but I think it will be more logical to buy bitcoin at the more deep correction. I think that after a correction, bitcoin will start to rise rapidly up to 30-50k

If BTC rises rapidly to 50k, we have to ask ourselves where is the money coming from?

Take a look at these figures:

BTC market cap: ~263 B

Cisco Systems Enterprise Value: 155.85 B

Intel Enterprise Value: 236.72 B

Just to name a few, ok?

If we look at the top 10 crypto, we have to wonder... WTF??? How can these assets be more valuable than some of the greatest tech corporations?

Let's not get too enthusiastic bout all of this, shall we?

Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:02:14 PM

I am still waiting for that bleed and bitcoin dip, it would be a great thing to have at least 0.5 of it. Don't really have the financial capacity to buy it now, was not s opportune to be an early adopter. I hope i can get to buy its half soon.
lanax

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:05:06 PM

I think if you wish to buy some crypto before Jan. you should get Bitcoin. now price is low. In 2018 it will go up till 20-25k .
But it is only guess
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:10:02 PM

You can do both, buy bitcoin and some altcoin but it all depends on how much money you can invest, I suggest to divide your money to bitcoin and the other investment is to altcoin, bitcoin os a long term investment, altcoins have a short term investment like ripple that give you profit in a short period of time. Just invest wisely.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 08:18:28 PM

Well, technically, you are going to always buy bitcoin because almost all alts are bought with bitcoin not fiat.
Some you can buy with eth or ltc, but btc is the currency of choice.

So when you cash out, what you are really doing is selling your alts for btc, then changing btc to fiat.
Really, in the end, even if you invest heavily into an alt, you are just trying to increase the overall amount of btc you have in the long run.
that's why people say btc is king and that around 50% of your investment portfolio should be in btc.

That way, you can take advantage of any investment opportunities you see.
On a side not, remember that alts are only profitable if they outperform btc's growth.  A lot of times, it is more profitable to just keep the btc.

Nole32

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:30:39 PM

Only real world crypto is bitcoin. It is the king becouse it can be used as money.
thycrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:40:31 PM

It makes more sense to buy an alt or invest in an ico. Personally, the gains for btc is not there. It has to double from what it is now just to make 2x gain. So 15k-30k. No doubt it will get there but an alt or ico can give more like 10-20x gain ( the good ones). But I do think you should just hold at least 1 btc and don't trade it. It is still a good investment

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:46:01 PM

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Why don't you allocate part of your investment like 60% into bitcoins, 30% in altcoins like Ethereum and Litecoins with the remainder 10% into a promising ICO. Leave all for 6months to 1 year and you might reap a great profit.

maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:06:50 AM

Agree with a few of the other comments probably best to diversify the portfolio and have a combination of bitcoin and a number of alt coins.
Thermatic

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:08:33 AM

Do research and buy both BTC and altcoins. More coins means more stability
martin1221

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

in bitcoin you will sure to your profit, but in altcoins you are the same as gambling, not that so gambling but make some research first before investing on it.many altcoins has a future but many of them also are shitcoins,so beware mate
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:18:48 AM

both have very good potential, I would advise you to invest in Ethereum and Bitcoin. I'm sure ethereum and bitcoin will have a very good improvement in early 2018
Shaminyue

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:19:33 AM

If you found some good projects of altcoin, I recommend that you should buy some bitcoin and some altcoin. If not, bitcoin and eth should be your choice. It would be more safe when investing in bitcoin and eth compared to altcoin
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:54:13 AM

I would say split it up. Have a bitcoin and an altcoin (Eth for recommendation). That way, you'll be on a more safer side since you have both. But, if you want to risk it, go for altcoins if you plan it on a shorter term of investment, and bitcoin for a long term. You can't guarantee though what might happen, and that's the risk that you'll have to take.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:41:57 AM

Both are worth of you investing in right time and right coin last two months alt coins dumped very hard after 2 months of patience now it returned more than 100% profit . So choosing the right alt coin always profitable.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:49:27 AM

Both are worth of you investing in right time and right coin last two months alt coins dumped very hard after 2 months of patience now it returned more than 100% profit . So choosing the right alt coin always profitable.

I agree and that's really good to invest on btc along with altcoins, because you have an options in every aspects whether each price will rise of its value. You can determine exactly when to sell at a right price when it will rise and pump it's price in trading sites. I makes good sense always and as long as you control your emotions you can have that idea of waiting for the current price, and you won't be able to be panic when there's unpredictable fluctuations which you might be our of control.
goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:52:55 AM

In my opinion investing in some good potential altcoins is much better option as they are less expensive and larger scope of growth...everyone has different views mine is ho for good potential altcoins
Blue2012

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:34:49 AM

Ofcourse for your sure profit you should buy bitcoin because it will definitely increase and less risky than altcoins. But you can also divide your money to buy some altcoin that can give you profit like Ethereum and bitcoin cash since those are also promising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: