Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember the good ole days?  (Read 736 times)
cryto4rig (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:03:45 AM

Remember the good ole days when we had an alt release and most of us got in on it, and the alt. thread was filled with WTB ***  WTS***, and we had buzzing google doc exchanges for the coin, prices usually started at 5 or so ltc per 1k and within 48 hours went up to 40 or 50 ltc per 1k. We were making money then.
 Now, you dont see any of that, because this new shit is coming out so fast they die before they get started.

Oh well, I guess we have the rise of LTC to look forward to I suppose.
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:05:57 AM

Remember the good ole days when we had an alt release and most of us got in on it, and the alt. thread was filled with WTB ***  WTS***, and we had buzzing google doc exchanges for the coin, prices usually started at 5 or so ltc per 1k and within 48 hours went up to 40 or 50 ltc per 1k. We were making money then.
 Now, you dont see any of that, because this new shit is coming out so fast they die before they get started.

I remember those days, that was 2 months ago  Grin
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:07:10 AM

Remember those days when there were no alt-coins?

cryto4rig (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:07:59 AM

I remember those days, that was 2 months ago  Grin
Yup..  lol
cryto4rig (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:08:59 AM

Sometimes I wish the forum would erase the alt thread and replace it with LTC thread, or something like that.
cryto4rig (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:26:02 AM

I was just gazing at the thread, there are 14 [ANN] post titles just this page alone im looking at... lol  abused much
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:29:59 AM

I was just gazing at the thread, there are 14 [ANN] post titles just this page alone im looking at... lol  abused much

not all alt coins are shit, only most of them.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:34:22 AM

i do remember those days very fondly Smiley

However, as mentioned before, not all altcoins are worthless Smiley WDC, DGC, to name a few, are really making an effort Smiley
cryto4rig (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:42:33 AM

i do remember those days very fondly Smiley

However, as mentioned before, not all altcoins are worthless Smiley WDC, DGC, to name a few, are really making an effort Smiley
It seems like DGC keeps hanging on by a thread for some reason, Id like to see some succeed, but, my own opinion. WDC, well since they are partners with FTC and PXC now, FTC is dying, and WDC just kind of stopped, I see much more people interested in PXC now, since they are together now, if any of these do some how make progress, itll probably be PXC. (my own opinion)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:53:27 AM

Yes
I miss them

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:54:16 AM

It seems like DGC keeps hanging on by a thread for some reason, Id like to see some succeed, but, my own opinion. WDC, well since they are partners with FTC and PXC now, FTC is dying, and WDC just kind of stopped, I see much more people interested in PXC now, since they are together now, if any of these do some how make progress, itll probably be PXC. (my own opinion)

yea right. i also think PXC has the most potential! the devs are really doing some coding work. not to the coin but to the services provided for the coin. there is no other coin like this.
Alex P

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:59:14 AM

Loved those days.  We can do it still.

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:19:55 AM

very true

Anyone want to buy 478 million IFC? Smiley

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:22:13 AM

very true

Anyone want to buy 478 million IFC? Smiley

+1. made my day with that post

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:50:07 AM

ole = old ?
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:19:39 AM

ole = old ?

yep, like in the wild wild west:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0

jasonslow

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:10:23 PM

There was no coins-e.com  and cryptsy at that time that quickly list the new alt coins. There was also a lot of scams that during that time do you want like that? Manual trading and not safe?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:13:30 PM

Remember the good old days, when we used to talk about Alternative Crypto-currencies and the future of digital currencies? Yeah, this subforum is an absolute mess. The LTC crowd grew up and built their own forums and this place is just the dregs. :-/x

more or less retired.
xchrix

Activity: 905

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:41:44 PM

There was no coins-e.com  and cryptsy at that time that quickly list the new alt coins. There was also a lot of scams that during that time do you want like that? Manual trading and not safe?

i think its good that there are exchanges like cryptsy which are listing new coins very quick. that way everybody gets easy/fast access to buy/sell this new coins. the real value is found much more faster. google docs trading was really a pain in the ass! slow, complicated and many scammers which traded without escrow.

now there are some filtering techniques needed to see which coin has volume and which is dying fast. i am trying todo this with the new cryptococincharts.info v2 but i have to think about the right way. one indicator is the volume (but this could be kept high like volume on FTC) i think we also have to look at the transactions in each block. MNC for example dont has any transactions at all.. only from mining.. i think this indicates how much the currency is used
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:48:51 PM

Oh No, we're always dying. Smiley Most of us in the FTC community avoid the alt currencies section whenever possible. I'm sure there's good people around here, but to me personally, it has too much of a frat house vibe. Feel free to visit our official forum and see that we're not even close to slowing down.  As for the price, not too concerned right now. It's still dictated primarily by a very small market... that will change.

We just launched Koolio's integrated escrow in our market, reorganizing the workflow of each of our user groups and working with our partners on upcoming projects. We're busy, we'll let the kids yell chickun or whatever on other boards and continue to get to work. It's cute how people are always say we're dead and yet we average the 2nd highest hash rate for scrypt based coins. For a dead coin, we certainly have a lot of zombies walking around.

While we should be happy to have a place to talk on Bitcointalk, we're essentially cramped into 1 board without any real options to organize. It's certainly not going to get any better at this rate. Best of luck to each of the coins you support.  I look forward to the day when a majority of posts are centered around supporting specific coins rather than the nonsense we see today.

April was an interesting time, people at least had an excitement toward something for a change. The good ole days...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: