Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC Miner - KnCMiner - New Lower Priced Entry Model  (Read 2744 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:18:08 PM

We are still on track to meet our deadlines of shipping the first boxes in September. We will be providing regular updates in newsletters here and on our site. www.kncminer.com so keep checking regularly so you don’t miss out on any updates.

As long as the newsletters keep saying that I'll be ok

Yep, that sounds super logical. Should I remind you how the BFL's newsletter kept saying "in two weeks", or how the Avalon's one still says "ASIC on time. Business done right."?

They are not them, however if it does prove to be congruent Rampion, you sir can be credited with acknowledging a trend. Tongue

Some of us were already burnt by vendors who seemed 1) 100% honest, 2) competent and 3) efficient. BFL, Avalon, bASIC... No one delivered as advertised. No one. That trend is the REAL trend. We had the same cheering reactions to every single BFL newsletter until January more or less. Same thing for Avalon. Most of people is just too emotionally involved to think clearly, and they prefer to have wet dreams instead of facing reality.

Given past history, only someone that is completely new to the scene and didn't suffer the living hell that means to be the customer of ANY asic mining vendor, or someone that has no sense of reality whatsoever, can write something like "As long as the newsletters keep saying that I'll be ok"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:39:17 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 04:29:39 PM by Bitcoinorama

We are still on track to meet our deadlines of shipping the first boxes in September. We will be providing regular updates in newsletters here and on our site. www.kncminer.com so keep checking regularly so you don’t miss out on any updates.

Yep, that sounds super logical. Should I remind you how the BFL's newsletter kept saying "in two weeks", or how the Avalon's one still says "ASIC on time. Business done right."?

They are not them, however if it does prove to be congruent Rampion, you sir can be credited with acknowledging a trend. Tongue

Some of us were already burnt by vendors who seemed 1) 100% honest, 2) competent and 3) efficient. BFL, Avalon, bASIC... No one delivered as advertised. No one. That trend is the REAL trend. We had the same cheering reactions to every single BFL newsletter until January more or less. Same thing for Avalon. Most of people is just too emotionally involved to think clearly, and they prefer to have wet dreams instead of facing reality.

Given past history, only someone that is completely new to the scene and didn't suffer the living hell that means to be the customer of ANY asic mining vendor, or someone that has no sense of reality whatsoever, can write something like "As long as the newsletters keep saying that I'll be ok"

Well then the answer especially with respect to the exponentially increasing hash rate and unknown competitors on the horizon as well as future BTC price would be to;

1) do your research, lurk and watch how the story unfolds.

- I did that with both BFL and Avalon. I observed the heartache. I would have bought Avalon batch #3 if they hadn't increased their price so much. Besides I wanted to see a European entry as I knew I could always check up on that.

2) be realistic.

- I understand the risks, and I'm fully aware of the instability of emerging tech.

3) don't risk more than you can afford.

- Check. This is a bit of fun for me, that I hope can become more serious, but as long as you have performed due diligence by following the above points, you will always be able to source opportunity in life. This is certainly not the once in a lifetime, miss it at your peril opportunity some people think. Those that do are making a mistake, but then they are adults and are responsibility for their own decisions, as are you Rampion.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:44:48 PM

This is tempting. Who has placed an order with KnCMiner? Do they seem scammish in anyway? Considering they take Paypal, I feel safer personally. But October for a 100GH/s sounds risky.
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:50:03 PM

This is tempting. Who has placed an order with KnCMiner? Do they seem scammish in anyway? Considering they take Paypal, I feel safer personally. But October for a 100GH/s sounds risky.
Sir You do not risk anything just pre-pay Smiley

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
OmegaNemesis28

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:56:55 PM

Sir You do not risk anything just pre-pay Smiley

Well technically the money is leaving me, so its pretty risky no? Tongue Its an investment after all.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:09:08 PM

another pre-order story ?
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:19:35 PM

Well then the answer especially with respect to the exponentially increasing hash rate and unknown competitors on the horizon as well as future BTC price would be to;

- I did that with both BFL and Avalon. I observed the heartache. I would have bought Avalon batch #3 if they hadn't increased their price so much. Besides I wanted to see a European entry as I knew I could always check up on that.

2) be realistic.

- I understand the risks, and I'm fully aware of the instability of emerging tech.

- Check. This is a bit of fun for me, that I hope can become more serious, but as long as you have performed due diligence by following the above points, you will always be able to source opportunity in life. This is certainly not the once in a lifetime, miss it at your peril opportunity some people think. Those that do are making a mistake, but then they are adults and are responsive for their own decisions, as are you Rampion.

As a very important to know  ETA chips. To make a second visit in August.

If they say planned date of receipt of chips second week in August.  We can book flights and hotel. So confirm the reception of the chips.

It's good for both parties. If confirmed the reception and start of production orders grow.

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:10:50 PM

100gh/s in october isnt too risky. it will still make a marginal profit even if difficulty skyrockets.
CMMPro

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:24:47 PM

Difficulty isn't going to skyrocket....with the low price and no one delivering much of anything new except usb miners it is probably going to plateau until one of these companies starts delivering in serious hashing quantities.

Not to mention that the gpu miners are all either starting to drop off to mine alt coins or are buying USB miners to replace their power hungry rigs.

pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:44:14 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 12:30:08 AM by pixl8tr

Difficulty isn't going to skyrocket....with the low price and no one delivering much of anything new except usb miners it is probably going to plateau until one of these companies starts delivering in serious hashing quantities.

Not to mention that the gpu miners are all either starting to drop off to mine alt coins or are buying USB miners to replace their power hungry rigs.

I am pretty sure that there will be at least 750 Terrahash's coming online in the next month with the bit fury chips alone.  Avalon ASIC's coming online now and next month.  BFL ( LOL Maybe) and KNC MIner in September/October.  I expect difficulty to skyrocket by September and not slow down for a while.

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:03:42 AM

This is going to kill BFL's $2500 50gh/s "pre-orders."  I'm waiting to see how/if they respond.  

It will once they demo their ASIC and release the specs, start selling chips.
Until then they got nothing.

Except for a tonne of talent with experience, and funding raised, completed design and production ready to hit the ground running, logistics organised, customer service in place and scalable, and obviously their backgrounds check out, LinkedIN profiles are real, foundry chosen, RTL code confirmed and presumably order placed as it's now July...aside from that they've got nothing!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:29:42 AM

2) be realistic.

- Check. This is a bit of fun for me, that I hope can become more serious, but as long as you have performed due diligence by following the above points, you will always be able to source opportunity in life. This is certainly not the once in a lifetime, miss it at your peril opportunity some people think. Those that do are making a mistake, but then they are adults and are responsibility for their own decisions, as are you Rampion.

Rampion is making a really good point actually IMO
Bitcoinorama as well, true true
This whole thing unfolding is going to be something to see. Too bad the crystal ball didn't say buy a zillion AsicMiner shares months ago @ .0xx  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: