Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 618 times)
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:13:00 PM

The problem with IOTA is that is assumes a) widespread adoption of IoT devices and b) that they need to transaction.  A is hyped use case, IoT will probably not be as useful or used as much as supporter would like.  B is a stretch even if it does. So the price has built in massive future expectation which is likely overstated, therefore looks overvalued.

Security issue just compound this by giving it a bad impression.  Doesn't matter much that people created keys with online tool, they did and the coin is now tarnished. 
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:13:26 PM

You still did not understand it. Get some basic knowledge in information security.

Have to blame myself here too, as this was prone to happen sooner or later. It happened before and it will happen again, if they don't fix it, it is a major design flaw.

You know I can copy/paste the stuff you ignore without much effort? To reiterate:

Anyone implicity trusting a unknown site to create a random seed is trusting the access to their funds to a stranger--either change the key (random char) or don't bother.

My analogy is apt as the seed is what you need to get in the house/safe--a piece of paper won't give you this acces or prevent a theft from someone with a key.

Again, where did the devs promise more than a bare bones wallet? Nice you have ignored this detail. Dom said he didn't want the Foundation building wallets--that includes idiot-proofing them.

You did a stupid thing, own it.

Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:15:01 PM
Merited by lichnosam (10)

IOTA is the future of the Internet of Things, whether people like it or not. IOTA is also a long term investment, there's still a lot of work to be done. The key feature about IOTA that people seem to be unaware of is the more IOTA's Tangle is utilized, the more it scales. That's called unlimited scalability. No other Crypto can claim such a thing, because Blockchain at the moment is incapable. of such a thing.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:15:24 PM

No point to discuss further.

Read up AAA. Good luck.
Mantisa83

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:16:44 PM

This is not necessarily true. The concepts behind IOTA likely are the future of IOT but that doesn't men that the IOTA token will be. The success of IOTA is entirely dependent on the teams ability to make it a success, should another team come along that implements a more reliable implementation then that token will become more valuable. There are no guarantees in cryptoland investing.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:38:12 PM

Now looks like pump and dump on news about friends in huge companies) Beating BTC is nonsense in the nearest future)

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:03:07 PM

I have heard mixed views from people on IOTA. Some say this is future while some say to stay away from this. But I don't like much risky investments so I am not going to invest in IOTA.

I hold IOTA as this crypto is convenient for me. Moreover, I am sure we will see that before the winter of 2018 ends, this altcoin will strengthen its positions and grow in its value. Look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14aJ9CO9syw
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 08:50:26 PM

Now you're just posting old shit.  This might help:  https://medium.com/@iotasuppoter/iota-latest-information-huawei-dci-ama-jan-7-d6f801834f79

The coordinator will be turned of gradually.
New wallet is on its way.

It's just a promises. They already cheated, by hiding the fact of network centralization. So it's better to look at what they actually do, not what they promise to do.

Could be but it's a fact that some major companies are at least fond of the idea.  You want to take the chance of not holding it when some major multinational spreads the news that they will use IOTA?  It has more chance of some actual usage in the real world than 99% of all these funny wannabe circle jerk coins with 'big communities' and tons of paid youtubers.... If they get through with some company, you'll be too late.  I'd like to take that chance and hold some.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:46:26 AM

I have heard mixed views from people on IOTA. Some say this is future while some say to stay away from this. But I don't like much risky investments so I am not going to invest in IOTA.

It is not only about this coin, it is also about all others. There are always different opinion about different coins. In case of investment you should look at prices, but really every investment includes risk.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:17:22 AM

I do not like this coin, it has nothing that convinces me that i can benefit from it. At first sight the idea was not good, but now i am little bit disappointed about it.

Absolutely, I was also attracted at the beginning, but now it looks that it will not have success.

Why do you think this, because you read a few FUD-posts? I can't understand people do not research a platform but just believe some random people on the internet spreading false information.

No it is not just about FUD posts, it is about pricing and statistics :/
anucrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:23:33 AM

IOTA is an open source distributed ledger focused on providing secure communication and payment between machines on the internet of things . its technology new and different .
bagazaga

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:23:24 PM

IOTA is an open source distributed ledger focused on providing secure communication and payment between machines on the internet of things . its technology new and different .

Wrong. Coordinator node's code is not open yet, and I doubt it ever will. And it's distributed, but not decentralized. Everything is controlled by IOTA foundation. It's highly overpriced now.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:30:14 PM

I think IOTA will do very well once it is ironed out and running smoothly , I saw recently that there is a project I think an ICO going to use the tangle network.

It is trying something different from a blockchain so it will take a bit of time to see if it works out.

If it does well it will be big but bitcoin is it's own beast.
celinenguyen

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:04:54 AM

Hi

who has experience with IOTA. They do not work with blockchain and want to offer transaction for free.
It looks quite good.
Does this thing has a potential to be next Bitcoin?

IOTA is an electronic currency founded by four key members: David Sønstebø, Sergey Ivancheglo, Dominik Schiener, and Serguei Popov. This currency has the highest total supply of 2,779,530,283 MIOTA. Substantial supply will limit IOTA prices. While traditional chain-based networks such as Bitcoin or Ethereum use block-chain technology, IOTA uses no-cycle graphing technology, meaning that the execution of transactions does not have a defined cycle. To understand for example Bitcoin technology, to pass information from node A to node D, you would have to pass B and C which is a defined cycle, while for IOTA This cycle does not determine whether it is possible from A to F and then from D to D. This technology allows IOTA to achieve rapid growth and zero transaction costs.
bagazaga

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:24:34 AM

who said IOTA is overpriced? If so, you didn't do enough research on it. IOTA is platform like Ethereum which will host a ton of other projects. (i.e. Oyster Pearl, a project will utilize the tangle to store the data...). Don't look at the present but look at the future to see the real value of IOTA. That's called INVESTING.

I'm one of those, but unlike you, I've said already why it is so. And IOTA has nothing common with Ethereum. IOTA is just a scam.
Ponya
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:28:06 AM

IOTA has a range of features that are uniquely enabled due to its architecture:
- IOTA can achieve high transaction throughput thanks to parallelized validation of transactions with no limit as to the number of transactions that can be confirmed in a certain interval.
- IOTA has no transaction fees.
- IOTA has no miners. Every participant in the network that is making a transaction, actively participates in the consensus. As such, IOTA is more decentralized than any Blockchain.
- IOTA utilized a newly designed trinary hash function called Curl, which is quantum immune.
bagazaga

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:38:38 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 09:01:42 AM by bagazaga

- IOTA has no miners. Every participant in the network that is making a transaction, actively participates in the consensus. As such, IOTA is more decentralized than any Blockchain.

Srsly??? Lack of miners is not an advantage, it's a cause of unfair initial coin distribution. And it is not decentralized at all, do not forget about coordinator node.

- IOTA utilized a newly designed trinary hash function called Curl, which is quantum immune.

It's not unique. And any cryptocurrency is able to change it's hashing algorithm when it will be necessary.

And, actually, all those technical details do not matter. What matters is that IOTAs can be stolen, and that was done practically multiple times, and it's done even by it's founders. It can not be relied on.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:03:12 PM

Some time before I had not a small amount of IOTA and I thought this is one of altcoins that can be the next big thing.
Because every coin that I like - I use them in real, I like to see how the wallet is made, how fast transactions are provided and etc.
But now, when I read this topic, it seems to me that this is not such big as it seems. And not decentralized as it was before to me.
I do not draw any conclusions but I think its time to make a research and get the things clear.
So thanks for your info guys, that was really helpful Smiley

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:14:41 PM

Now looks like pump and dump on news about friends in huge companies) Beating BTC is nonsense in the nearest future)
IOTA does have a very tiny chance of getting close to being where Bitcoin is. IOTA should pump someday though.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆