Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xCrowd*US/UK*TH/s+ Units  (Read 48985 times)
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:37:51 AM

You have a launch date. What are you launching? Website? Preorder? Order?
Can orders be collected from you uk office?

We will be posting our official announcement along with product line-up and roadmap dates. We will be launching our website to start accepting reservations or pre-orders. You would be able to collect it directly if you are based near one of our assembly plants (a base in europe has not been confirmed yet.).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JakeTri

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:20:18 AM

I've always found it very unprofessional to have serious grammatical mistakes in official correspondence.

"We do appreciate your patients" - Really?

Get someone who can write proper english and make him proofread your website Wink

And the contrast on that image is horrible, makes it very hard to read.

Little details, but they kind of create the initial impression.

Patients...

We have to apologise for contrast and it seems like we dropped the ball on this one.

Definitely not something we would have wanted published.  We will be sending out a clearer copy asap.

Is it that hard to send emails using text so we could use our preferred font and size when reading it ?

Some of us, the "patients", we do not use English as primary language so it would be nice to be able to use online translation tools to understand better what ate you trying to communicate. So far none of them support translation of text from pictures.

I'm still OK if you insist of sending rendered images (similar with all spam emails that I receive daily) instead of the text as any other normal business but please at least attach the image to the email instead of using a free image hosting site.

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
nullspot

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:22:25 AM

Cheers. It came out quite readable on our test but we'll be looking into how to resolve this for future updates. Thanks for the screenshot.

Here's some free advice: Don't render giant blocks of text as an image. This is an embarrassingly amateur mistake, and it undermines your credibility. I haven't received an email from any company, large or small, in the past 3 years that has attempted to put the body text of their email as one big image. In your attempt to use some "alternative cool font", you created an announcement that is basically impossible to read on a mobile phone, and barely legible on a giant screen.

You should put a leash on your graphic designer, and keep him away from all text content. Let him go on making the pretty renderings and logos, but keep text as text.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:39:54 AM

Patience not patients...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:44:58 AM

Cheers. It came out quite readable on our test but we'll be looking into how to resolve this for future updates. Thanks for the screenshot.

Here's some free advice: Don't render giant blocks of text as an image. This is an embarrassingly amateur mistake, and it undermines your credibility. I haven't received an email from any company, large or small, in the past 3 years that has attempted to put the body text of their email as one big image. In your attempt to use some "alternative cool font", you created an announcement that is basically impossible to read on a mobile phone, and barely legible on a giant screen.

You should put a leash on your graphic designer, and keep him away from all text content. Let him go on making the pretty renderings and logos, but keep text as text.

Cheers, we will keep that into account for all our future communications. The point about the inability of having it translated automatically by google is an obvious point we also missed. Not a great start but thanks for the feedback everyone.

Patience not patients...

Cheesy Couldn't resist eh?
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:50:37 AM

Cheers, we will keep that into account for all our future communications. The point about the inability of having it translated automatically by google is an obvious point we also missed. Not a great start but thanks for the feedback everyone.

Patience not patients...

I thought English originated from the United Kingdom? but how come he still make mistakes on simple grammar?  Grin

Could we ask if you were born in the UK or still an immigrant. From our understand they are a lot of Africans and middle east immigrants and those of Indian origins in the UK.?
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:30:10 AM

Patience not patients...

I thought English originated from the United Kingdom? but how come he still make mistakes on simple grammar?  Grin

Could we ask if you were born in the UK or still an immigrant. From our understand they are a lot of Africans and middle east immigrants and those of Indian origins in the UK.?

The others were being more or less playful in correcting the misspelled word but you seem to have seen that as an excuse to ask an ignorant  question like that. No, you can't ask and please do keep a check on your own grammar.

Do you know why your ignore button is getting more yellow by the day? It's because more and more people are ignoring you on this board and for good reasons.
eve

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:40:03 AM

Patience not patients...

The others were being more or less playful in correcting the misspelled word but you seem to have seen that as an excuse to ask an ignorant  question like that. No, you can't ask and please do keep a check on your own grammar.

Do you know why your ignore button is getting more yellow by the day? It's because more and more people are ignoring you on this board and for good reasons.

You are avoiding many questions and kept many secrets. Your price per gh/s are very high and very expensive. You do not have a working model. If you really have those NRE cover why not produced a working model as proof of your existence. You never dare to take in paypal and credit cards payments to proof your legitimacy.  Why? and Why?
eve

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:49:48 AM

Is the details of you correct ? We never seen you before, so please take some photos of yourself, your partners , your office and your products and post them here. Right now we don't know who you are??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248396.msg2641524#msg2641524

Founder appears to be a scammer but i will let you be the judge of that.  I dug up a bit of info on him.  Looks like he spent a lot of time trying to run investment scams in 2008 and 2009.  Also found his ebay account which basically has negative feedback for every transaction.  He does have a nice website and renderings though. Roll Eyes

A little background on the founder:

NAME: Abdi Mahamud

USERNAMES:

abz123uk (2009 -2012 Twitter and eBay)
rat1on1990 (2008)
Ironicarm (2009)
miggni (2009)
rat1oN (2009)
Amelioratr (2009)
ratman (2009)
Nordstrom (2008-2009)
Niles_Touch (2008)

EMAIL:

info@amelioratecorp.com
Nordstrom@amelioratecorp.com
MAhamud@amelioratecorp.com
Niles_Touch@hotmail.co.uk

PHONE:

44-7930804630

Currently loctaed in Leicester, UK
Originally from Birmingham, UK
Company Registered at the following address
2 City Arcade
Birmingham, B2 4tx

EDUCATION:

Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - De Montfort University (2008-2011)
(Seems a bit short for a Masters)
Golden Hillock School (2001-2006)
(High School)

PREVIOUS JOBS/EXPERIENCE:

2011 - Present
Executive Director, Founder - Terra Group FME
Stealth Mode.

2011 - Present
Co-founder - Sophia Jennah Ltd
(Also from Facebook page he was the "Former Director of Procrastination")

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - ITSec Pvt Ltd
Information Technology & Services

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - Logoinn
Graphic Design
to be updated

2008 - 2009
Assistant Marketing Manager - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Assistant Marketing Manager is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.Responsibilities* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data* Assist in implementing the organisations marketing plan* to help manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

2007 - 2008
Project Manager & Sales Agent - E5 Design studios
Animation
As the Project manager I was an integral part of delivering rapid growth to E5'snew business venture : WebLines Media. I was also responsible for direct marketing, establishing brand awareness in the online market and generating both individual and corporate leads as well as face to face selling.

Chief Marketing Officer - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Chief Marketing Officer is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.

Responsibilities

* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities

* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives

* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data

* implement the organisations marketing plan

* to manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget

* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

Owner - Ameliorate Group Ltd

LINKS:

Facebook

Yatedo Profile (Similar to Linked In)

eBay Feedback

Sophie Jenna Ltd. (Muslim Women's Fashion)
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:50:58 AM

Patience not patients...

You are avoiding many questions and kept many secrets. Your price per gh/s are very high and very expensive. You do not have a working model. If you really have those NRE cover why not produced a working model as proof of your existence. You never dare to take in paypal and credit cards payments to proof your legitimacy.  Why? and Why?

We do answer all relevant questions, so which ones you are referring to? We have already answered to why we do not have a working prototype yet nor do KNC, Cointerra and all the other new start-ups. We do accept credit card payments but not directly (Escrow.com) but that doesn't add to anyone's legitimacy.

Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:51:57 AM

Cheers. It came out quite readable on our test but we'll be looking into how to resolve this for future updates.
Who is 'we'? Who even are you? What's your name and position in the company? What's your Skype number? Who in the community has talked to you? What's your bona fides?

I know who Josh/BFL, Yifu/Avalon was and even Sam/KNC, who are you?

We haven't published anything on the company for the same reason we have limited the released details on our line-up. Since we aren't taking direct payments from the public we reserve the right to disclose (& avoid getting doxed) what we want and when we deem it necessary.
Uh huh, fine w/e. Red flag tho.

The way I see this going down is you offer escrow, w/e, and either scam some coins or try to get people to just give you coins w/o selecting escrow as an option of your site, or something else like that, maybe upgrades after the main escrow. We shall see!

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:55:28 AM

Huh, I never knew that. So clearly you must have a much older account on Bitcointalk.org. What's your main? And if you won't dox your main yet will you do so after launching. Your customers should have full disclosure on who's sock-puppeting this account.

Anenome5

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:56:56 AM

Is the details of you correct ? We never seen you before, so please take some photos of yourself, your partners , your office and your products and post them here. Right now we don't know who you are??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248396.msg2641524#msg2641524

Founder appears to be a scammer but i will let you be the judge of that.  I dug up a bit of info on him.  Looks like he spent a lot of time trying to run investment scams in 2008 and 2009.  Also found his ebay account which basically has negative feedback for every transaction.  He does have a nice website and renderings though. Roll Eyes

A little background on the founder:

NAME: Abdi Mahamud

USERNAMES:

abz123uk (2009 -2012 Twitter and eBay)
rat1on1990 (2008)
Ironicarm (2009)
miggni (2009)
rat1oN (2009)
Amelioratr (2009)
ratman (2009)
Nordstrom (2008-2009)
Niles_Touch (2008)

EMAIL:

info@amelioratecorp.com
Nordstrom@amelioratecorp.com
MAhamud@amelioratecorp.com
Niles_Touch@hotmail.co.uk

PHONE:

44-7930804630

Currently loctaed in Leicester, UK
Originally from Birmingham, UK
Company Registered at the following address
2 City Arcade
Birmingham, B2 4tx

EDUCATION:

Master of Engineering (MEng) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - De Montfort University (2008-2011)
(Seems a bit short for a Masters)
Golden Hillock School (2001-2006)
(High School)

PREVIOUS JOBS/EXPERIENCE:

2011 - Present
Executive Director, Founder - Terra Group FME
Stealth Mode.

2011 - Present
Co-founder - Sophia Jennah Ltd
(Also from Facebook page he was the "Former Director of Procrastination")

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - ITSec Pvt Ltd
Information Technology & Services

2009 - 2010
Sales Executive - Logoinn
Graphic Design
to be updated

2008 - 2009
Assistant Marketing Manager - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Assistant Marketing Manager is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.Responsibilities* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data* Assist in implementing the organisations marketing plan* to help manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

2007 - 2008
Project Manager & Sales Agent - E5 Design studios
Animation
As the Project manager I was an integral part of delivering rapid growth to E5'snew business venture : WebLines Media. I was also responsible for direct marketing, establishing brand awareness in the online market and generating both individual and corporate leads as well as face to face selling.

Chief Marketing Officer - Ameliorate Group Ltd
My role is to provides support for the Ameliorate Group to achieve its business objectives and strategies. The primary role of the Chief Marketing Officer is to oversee the planning, creation and post-analysis of promotions; evaluate the unit, sales and gross profit productivity of new and carryover products; provide direction on new product needs; and provide marketing support on special programs and market-specific requests.

Responsibilities

* overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities

* establish marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives

* evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data

* implement the organisations marketing plan

* to manage the Marketing Department budget and deliver all marketing activity within set budget

* managing correspondence with media and advertising outlets

Owner - Ameliorate Group Ltd

LINKS:

Facebook

Yatedo Profile (Similar to Linked In)

eBay Feedback

Sophie Jenna Ltd. (Muslim Women's Fashion)

Oh this isn't that thread? So he started a new thread after being doxed on that one? Wow.

xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:57:27 AM

Why do we need to appease you who obviously isn't interested in purchasing from us in the future and reposting slanderous allegations. The poster above hasn't provided any proof of the links to those profiles and Abdi from xCrowd and we have already responded to it. You could either continue trolling our thread (you're on our ignore list anyways) or wait for when we release the details like everyone else.
eve

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 09:20:59 AM

Why do we need to appease you who obviously isn't interested in purchasing from us in the future and reposting slanderous allegations. The poster above hasn't provided any proof of the links to those profiles and Abdi from xCrowd and we have already responded to it. You could either continue trolling our thread (you're on our ignore list anyways) or wait for when we release the details like everyone else.

The scary thing is we don't know who you are? You have never reveal your name? Let me quote you a few : Yifu has a name and lots of photo and video of him, Josh has the same, so is Kncminer, Sam Cole and others all of photos and name, but you have NONE, Nothing, No Name, No photo and no physical address.

I doubt you will give your Passport and Driving License and others supporting documents to John for  Verification?
Anenome5

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:11:51 AM

Notice his twitter updates:

Once the page launches you'll be able to at least "reserve order number" but they are hoping to "accept orders" when they launch: ie--have people actually send them money. Without even a shred of proof of their identity, much less any proof that they have any tech, chips, anything, anything at all. Anything except a couple of CGI  miners modeled to show off non-existent equipment.

Something tells me they'll offer people the option of not using escrow when ordering by website, meaning that was nothing but a front in the first place to build confidence.

They'll be hosting open house in "London and a few other cites." Such as? Didn't he say they don't yet have offices in Shenzhen?

What would you be showing if you did anyway? Nothing. You don't have your NRE convered, do you? Doubt it. You don't have chips or machines assuredly--not even an FPGA miner you built quick-like to prove engineering chops.

If you expect people to trust you, you have to trust in return. This whole attitude of asking for many thousands of dollars and expecting to do it without doxing yourself just screams 'scam.'

Yet we've seen time and again that stupid people will rush to send bitcoin to anyone claiming any slightest thing about ASICs so you probably could give a damn, but people really should demand great evidence in the face of great claims. You've got to go public with who you are, what makes  you qualified, what the plan is, what makes you think you can pull this off, who else is involved, etc., etc.

This is the kind of info KNC had released within days of going public and here you are two months into the game, ABOUT TO TAKE ORDERS, and you haven't released -any- info.

What. the. hell.

And where are all the usual scam busters working the other ASIC threads to vet this guy?

Anenome5

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:20:28 AM

And as for all his claims of escrow and Escrow.com, there exist escrow scams too! You ship a pile of rocks and then provide your escrow holder the verified tracking info--voila, escrow released to you, even against protests of the ripped-off client.

If Xcrowd can scam just one or two of you out of a few hundred bitcoin, it'll more than pay for all the prep work that's been done so far. He'll take orders and then simply choose his mark--the guy that wants to buy the most. This is who he'll try to escrow scam, the 300 btc order or w/e.

Anyway, if this isn't a scam I don't feel bad at all because the OP has done nothing but act suspicious and reclusive since day one, offering zero proof of anything. And if it is a scam, you've been warned.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:23:40 AM

And as for all his claims of escrow and Escrow.com, there exist escrow scams too! You ship a pile of rocks and then provide your escrow holder the verified tracking info--voila, escrow released to you, even against protests of the ripped-off client.

If Xcrowd can scam just one or two of you out of a few hundred bitcoin, it'll more than pay for all the prep work that's been done so far. He'll take orders and then simply choose his mark--the guy that wants to buy the most. This is who he'll try to escrow scam, the 300 btc order or w/e.

Anyway, if this isn't a scam I don't feel bad at all because the OP has done nothing but act suspicious and reclusive since day one, offering zero proof of anything. And if it is a scam, you've been warned.

That's why i recommend people only to use John K. Smiley

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:20:36 PM

this^
xcrowd (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:33:53 PM

"ESCROW ONLY" was in the title - the reason why I watched this thread.

Now it isn't. What gives?

It will always be 100% escrow. John won't be releasing any funds until every transaction holder (i.e. customers) can confirm the delivery of a hashing unit. Escrow.com is an established name that won't be even considering anything that even smells of a potential risk.

Both escrow providers will have all the necessary id's of the founders (NI, SS, passport, proof of address etc) before accepting any transactions. The lack of information is simply because we haven't launched yet and we'd rather wait until we would be able to start sales.

You could say that the business model seems fishy or see it as the most least risky way of supporting a company that is doing it's best to provide the current immediate market demands such as low prices, guaranteed delivery under a risk free payment method.

The reason why we are asking for escrow deposits in the first place is because when you're spending over 1.5M in just NRE; you better make sure that there will be a demand for when you do sell.

You could either write us off simply because we haven't posted any details yet or simply continue to read the updates from us to make a sound judgement once you do have the details. You can try as much as you like but you won't see neither a xCrowd representative or our distributors take direct payments until we start shipping.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: