Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:20:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Post you BFL refund queue position here!  (Read 2493 times)
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:13:27 PM

Please post below if you have an unresolved BFL refund request.  Please state your order number and city and country you live in. 
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:25:45 PM

Wouldn't it be ironic if in the near future this thread that was moved to off-topic becomes warranted in the section it was moved from?

Nott dissing the move, for it was called for, with apologies for putting it there in the first place, but at the time it probably was warranted till the warrant came.  Grin
Viceroy

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:30:50 PM

you can move it to any forum you like on the bottom left of this page.  I think this should be in custom hardware right?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:35:57 PM

you can move it to any forum you like on the bottom left of this page.  I think this should be in custom hardware right?

I don't believe that's the case once a mod/admin moves it. BTW, this is where it was in the first place.

The move was probably warranted. No harm!
rovchris

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:30:25 PM

I asked for a refund and was refused here is a copy of the email for your amusement.

I am going to challenge paypal even though it has passed the 45 days because according to their terms you can not take money for products that they do not have to sell.

So I will see what happens - not holding my breath though

I am in the UK

Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 5:49 PM
To: Chris J R******
Subject: Re: Order Number 100034910

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs.  According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final.  Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed.  Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

Best regards,
Sabina
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Chris R**** <Chris.*****.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,

I placed my order on the 6th Arpil order number 100034910, I was aware it was a pre order item - but you did state that it would be 2 months! I can not wait any longer and I require the money due to a change in circumstances.

Therefore I would kindly request that you cancel my order and refund the money.

Many thanks

Chris R*****

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Viceroy

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:40:28 PM

I wonder if you can hire an American to act as your agent and have that American file charges with the FTC....

Here you can identify the FTC complaint form, they are the Federal Trade Commission:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=247310.0
rovchris

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:47:42 PM

I wonder if you can hire an American to act as your agent and have that American file charges with the FTC....

Here you can identify the FTC complaint form, they are the Federal Trade Commission:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=247310.0

Thanks man, I will file a complaint just for the sake of it. I realise it is unlikely I will get my $2586 back but at least it will create a bit of a headache for BFL.

I have never in my life seen a company like it. Why they feel they should not honour a refund when can not give a delivery date when apparently they are at "full production" I will never understand.

I think with this sudden crash in price of BTC that they are going to be hit with a large number of requests - I would not be surprised if they "vanish into the night".

What can I say - you live and learn.

At least avalon had the decency not to run an open order book and just keep taking peoples money when they had no ability to ship anything.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 01:27:12 AM

I asked for a refund and was refused here is a copy of the email for your amusement.

I am going to challenge paypal even though it has passed the 45 days because according to their terms you can not take money for products that they do not have to sell.

So I will see what happens - not holding my breath though

I am in the UK

Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 5:49 PM
To: Chris J R******
Subject: Re: Order Number 100034910

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs.  According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final.  Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed.  Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

Best regards,
Sabina
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Chris R**** <Chris.*****.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,

I placed my order on the 6th Arpil order number 100034910, I was aware it was a pre order item - but you did state that it would be 2 months! I can not wait any longer and I require the money due to a change in circumstances.

Therefore I would kindly request that you cancel my order and refund the money.

Many thanks

Chris R*****

There you have it folks!

Now, put this thread back in the Custom Hardward where it NOW belongs for all to see it.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:32:15 AM

This thread doesn't seem to be anything but insults and yelling (and I already deleted some of the nastier comments—).

Oh I love this.

clears throat and puts on a serious face*

Come on ppl lets keep this Civil!!!

Where's my popcorn?

65 dollar bitcoin OMG?
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:36:09 AM

I'm watching the queue get smaller, and I'm liking it!  Kiss

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:27:17 AM

How long would it take them to get the appropriate certification(s) I wonder? If I had to guess I'd say about 14 days at least.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 03:59:41 AM

How long would it take them to get the appropriate certification(s) I wonder? If I had to guess I'd say about 14 days at least.

14 days = ______________
rovchris

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:50:53 PM

Just to add - I contacted paypal

And they do not want to know here is the relevant information from the email

We won't investigate disputes filed after 45 days, but we will take note of your problem.
To learn more about your rights through PayPal Purchase Protection, click Legal Agreements on any PayPal page, then click PayPal User Agreement.

The only reason I did not cancel in the 45 days is because BFL sent this email dated the 1st of May 2013

Dear Chris,

Shipping of our BitForce SC ASIC miners has begun!

You may have seen news reports of our ASIC miners in the wild and some of you may have already taken delivery.  It's all true.  We're finally shipping.  You will receive your order as we work through the shipping queue .

If you didn't know, you can check your order status on our website. Log in by clicking here. Use the same email and password you set up your account with.

Now onto my credit card company HSBC - it will be interesting to see what they say. Reading on line if HSBC enforce a charge back on paypal - paypal will then come after me and try to recoup the money. Then close my payapl account.

Oh the joys of dealing with payment providers.

Other than that I am not sure what course of action I can take.

Either way I have been royally "raped" and then left in a ditch.

Just to add it was a total order value of $2586 including shipping to the UK for one SC Miner

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: