Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:39:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICOs get more investment now that Bitcoin is surging?  (Read 235 times)
Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:36:24 PM

I'm preparing my social based altcoin ICO. I'm doing my due diligence with my team to make sure that our plan to approach the market is solid. Do you think it's a good time to ICO with Bitcoin flying so high?

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

It's not a good time for an ICO. As, the price is highly unstable and rising, people would want to hold and buy rather than invest in something.
I've seen many ICO's already postponing their issue date.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 353

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:42:09 PM

It's not a good time for an ICO. As, the price is highly unstable and rising, people would want to hold and buy rather than invest in something.
Agree into this one which is actually true because people now are focusing mainly on bitcoin specially on this surging prices which they wont really tend to see another altcoins in the market but i would say when the hype is already over better to secure out positions on launching ICO because in times of profit taking people will really switch back to altcoin investment. Not a sure thing but its a possible one and i have seen these scenarios for how many times.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tristan1960

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:43:08 PM

Agree into this one which is actually true because people now are focusing mainly on bitcoin specially on this surging prices which they wont really tend to see another altcoins in the market but i would say when the hype is already over better to secure out positions on launching ICO because in times of profit taking people will really switch back to altcoin investment. Not a sure thing but its a possible one and i have seen these scenarios for how many times.

They will never get more investment than bitcoin. ICO has a small group of comunity interested in new project. But bitcoin is more general compared with them.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

no unless people like losing out on bitcoin for dreams and talk whitepapers stuffed full of bullshit by marketeers with no skillset to implement them

illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:45:19 PM

I'm preparing my social based altcoin ICO. I'm doing my due diligence with my team to make sure that our plan to approach the market is solid. Do you think it's a good time to ICO with Bitcoin flying so high?

I think a better time to raise money would be after Bitcoin's blow off top has occurred and we are entering a long term correction / consolidation phase. The ideal market for altcoins is a long sideways or weak uptrend in BTC. Consider the run-up during the first half of 2017.

After the ETF rejection in March, BTC dumped 30-35%. At the same time, ETH more than doubled in price. It was after this that the ICO bubble really took off.

I'm looking for a similar set of conditions: mid term correction in BTC, new bull market for alts. That's the best time to run an ICO. At this point, the ICO market is definitely still in "cool down" mode. I guess the upside of that is that there are currently not that many offerings = less competition from other ICOs.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:46:08 PM

For sure good ICO's will get attention at this price of bitcoin. There are so many ICO's trying to prove they have a good and solid project. However , I do like 2 ICO's , TokenPay and Gizer , both with big potential , because privacy is always a thing and esports is getting bigger and bigger every day.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
mineworker

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:47:17 PM

no unless people like losing out on bitcoin for dreams and talk whitepapers stuffed full of bullshit by marketeers with no skillset to implement them

ICOs are the new shit coin of 2014/2015 followed by forking bitcoin just because.

Whats going to be next...

woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:50:29 PM

I dont think so. The last ICOs have proven to many people that it isnt so simple as just buying and flipping it the second the market opens. Money is becoming smarter in the cryptospace, so there is more research and strategy required to do well.

feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:50:40 PM

Investment in ICO is very much on going. Many people are investing in ICO including your humble self! People are not talking about how much raised but the potential and working product of ICO!

Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:54:03 PM

I think a better time to raise money would be after Bitcoin's blow off top has occurred and we are entering a long term correction / consolidation phase. The ideal market for altcoins is a long sideways or weak uptrend in BTC. Consider the run-up during the first half of 2017.

After the ETF rejection in March, BTC dumped 30-35%. At the same time, ETH more than doubled in price. It was after this that the ICO bubble really took off.

I'm looking for a similar set of conditions: mid term correction in BTC, new bull market for alts. That's the best time to run an ICO. At this point, the ICO market is definitely still in "cool down" mode. I guess the upside of that is that there are currently not that many offerings = less competition from other ICOs.

I like the idea that ICOs are in cool down phase. I think the benefit to having an ICO at this time is that you can stand out if your idea is solid and you have a long term goal. I don't believe an ICO needs 300 million to develop most technology. I would in the tech field and that's just nuts. I wonder how hard it would be to capture $300,000 in a BTC bull market for a great idea, previous tech portfolio and solid team.
sophiasophia22

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:01:42 PM

With all the doom and gloom from a few weeks back about Bitcoin, with the Chinese government banning ICOs and shutting down bitcoin exchanges and even Jaimie Dimon was in on the act verbally trashing the cryptocurrency, one would have thought Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies were dead. So, BTC is quite stable
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:06:21 PM

People wouldn't want to invest right now on altcoins let alone ICOs as most of them want to hitch a ride at bitcoin bull run. This in turn even out things imo as ICOs have literally made a huge craze this year and besides, this will be a good time for accumulating cheap altcoins right now in prep for a new cycle.
crypto_world

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:18:21 PM

it seems to me that now it is very dangerous to invest in ICO. Attention of all people is now occupied by bitcoin. It seems to me, the best time for ICO, when bitcoin is stable

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:38:16 PM

Everyone is focused on bitcoin pump now... I think if you can it's better to postpone ICO in 2018.... now it's not a good period for ICOs.....
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:49:24 PM

It doesn't work like that. When bitcoin is surging alts and ICOs lost beacause people transfers their money and buy bitcoin. When bitcoin is dumping then people take profit and invest in ico/alts. And it is usually the same case, but lately when bitcoin is only growing does not work well.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:49:56 PM

That's a good question, there's still a lot of people throwing Ethereum in ICO's so the volume in Bitcoin shouldn't change either.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:59:12 PM

There is no such thing as perfect timing in crypto world, everything is volatile. Today it's surging it can drop with in 2 hours or less. Just invest in a project that it's promising and you think would generate you high returns, cause the reality is we don't really know the exact time when bitcoin stabilizes the uncertainty is real, and too many flocking to bitcoin these days so the demand is high.
chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:02:23 AM

Bitcoin surging shouldn't be the determining factor of whether ICOs get investment. The quality of the ICOs should be the reason and thing you look for when trying to decide to get in or not. At least this is what I do and I find it funny actually how many people overlook this factor. Yeah you might have some more money but because you have more money doesn't mean you should be careless with it, I just don't get the reasoning for this Huh.

Hesaplar

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:12:19 AM

No, people who sell Bitcoin for profit switch to fiat money, not altcoins and ICO's. The market is so volatile right now and that kind of moments are the worst for ICO's. Nobody want to lock their money to an ICO.

juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:16:05 AM

No, people who sell Bitcoin for profit switch to fiat money, not altcoins and ICO's. The market is so volatile right now and that kind of moments are the worst for ICO's. Nobody want to lock their money to an ICO.

Not really, as you can see, a lot of btc holders are selling their btc and the price is falling from more than $11000 to $9000. I think it is not a good time to make ICO project.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██