Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158084 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:24:28 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 10:16:29 PM by TradeFortress

Inputs.io is a new bitcoin payment processor leveraging an offchain payment network.

Inputs has transferred more than 235,790 BTC.

Bitcoin made easy - shave 8 GB of the blockchain off your hard drive, and make a wallet in 30 seconds. Works everywhere - your desktop to mobile

Send bitcoins instantly to an email address - no waiting for confirmations, no fees and no double spending

Automatic free mixing - don't use a wallet service that destroys your anonymity (change address reuse) and sells your privacy back to you for 0.5%

Connectivity - push your TX out to the network with more connected nodes, get exchange rates, email notifications of transactions

For newbies and power users alike - sign and verify messages, generate redeemable vouchers, manage your addresses

Security security security - PIN keypad, location based authentication, session & useragent tracking and view, configurable limits, anti phishing bar

Easy to integrate API - set dead simple callbacks, send with one URL call

It takes 30 seconds to get a wallet with Inputs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:25:03 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 02:17:05 AM by TradeFortress

This topic is not for support requests - please read the FAQ and then contact support@inputs.io (you'll get a response much faster)

Want to see how fast you can make transactions on Inputs? Make an account and redeem this voucher: 6f0f0f47108fa2e59347b916

Try sending it to CoinLenders, CoinChat or Just-Dice Smiley
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:00:11 AM

This topic is not for support requests - please read the FAQ and then contact support@inputs.io (you'll get a response much faster)

Please change the link of the text "read the FAQ" to https://inputs.io/faq, which is the actual FAQ, instead of linking to the site by itself.
And the code was already redeemed, fast fingers Sad
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:05:20 AM

Also, I think you should put the box to redeem vouchers on the "Receive" page, because that would be the first place somebody looked to redeem the voucher, I would think.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:13:44 AM

Want to see how fast you can make transactions on Inputs? Make an account and redeem this voucher: 6f0f0f47108fa2e59347b916

Damn late, too hard to find redeem box lol
Your site looks messed up on 10' laptop.

https://i.imgur.com/rUS66On.png
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:16:23 AM

So you hold my coins, on your server. I have to completely trust you, and I don't even know who you are. No wallet encryption, you might as well as put up the scam, and I bet this will be deleted anyway, cause he aint man enough to make a regular topic and not a self moderated cause he knows this is virtually a scam. Nothing separates this from torwallet.

Hey, you can't just go out accusing people because they have a self-moderated thread and they don't openly describe their security.
I mean, I haven't been here that long, but you can't just go around doing that. No wonder your ignore button is deep orange Tongue
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:20:48 AM

Hey, you can just go out and accuse people because they have a self-moderated thread and  "they don't openly describe their security and identity".

Injust
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:24:21 AM

Well, then don't go out and rage on TradeFortress' thread if you don't like him. I trust him. Not your problem. I shouldn't even care about you, a worthless pinprick on the world map.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:41:14 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 02:51:25 AM by TradeFortress

Thank you for your comments gweedo, however your thinking is wrong on many levels. All Bitcoin services require trust, and this includes services like Blockchain.info, Coinbase and others. For example, it is trivial for Blockchain.info to make you sign a transaction sending all the coins to them while hiding that on their own website / block explorer.

FYI, I worked on Blockchain.Info's chrome extension, and if I wanted to I could easily have stolen coins with a innocent line of code. It took months or years for bugs in mission critical open source cryptography software to be discovered (see: OpenSSL), and you are deluded if you think that
other offerings are more secure. Our security has been independently audited by multiple pen testers - as well as experience with running large Bitcoin services.

I have also put in 570 BTC locked as collateral in Just-Dice, and you can check my trust rating for more assurances. If you want, you can use Inputs as an extended green address where your exposure your risks is in milliseconds.

As ironic as it may sound, not disclosing my identity publicly protects the safety of your coins against physical attacks of extortion. Many trusted members here, including Casascius and people who I have done business with knows my identity and address.

What is the most valuable thing in the Bitcoin world is reputation - security and trustworthiness. CoinLenders handles XX,XXX BTC sums and we have never been hacked.

I'm happy to continue to discuss this subject with you, because security is what we paid the most attention to. However, what we don't allow is completely imaginary scam accusations. If you cannot do that and must resort to starting flame wars in my threads, your responses will be deleted.
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:41:51 AM

Well, then don't go out and rage on TradeFortress' thread if you don't like him. I trust him. Not your problem. I shouldn't even care about you, a worthless pinprick on the world map.

Who said I raged? Sounds like your raging and name calling, I am just pointing out so stupid newbies like yourself can't get scammed Wink

We'll see about that...getting scammed. I'm not as stupid as people of your kind think. Never been scammed, never will be. People have attempted to, but never succeeded. And that shall hold true.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:56:32 AM

Damn late, too hard to find redeem box lol
Your site looks messed up on 10' laptop.

https://i.imgur.com/rUS66On.png
Thanks for the report - I will fix this in the CSS when I have access to my secure development machine. Give me your email and I'll send you a small tip Smiley

In case you're wondering, it's an up to date Linux machine that is fire walled to only allow internet access to certain sites (my servers, software repositories, etc). It is the only machinr with the SSH keys, and is not used for anything other than development and deploying.
1base58

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 02:58:30 AM

What was your thinking in designing for offchain transactions? Do they really add convenience over and above blockchain transactions?
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:15:08 AM

I'm assuming it's a shared wallet that gives the privacy protection?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:16:12 AM

What was your thinking in designing for offchain transactions? Do they really add convenience over and above blockchain transactions?

I developed Inputs because I was tired of waiting an undetermined amount of time for transactions to go through, especially when I am trading on multiple exchanges. The issue with confirmations is that you don't know how long it will be for a block to be produced - there sometimes are streaks of a hour without a single block.

Off chain transactions are also easier to use. The average user does not want to remember addresses - they want to use Bitcoin like PayPal instead of seeing a "Waiting for 0/6 confirmations"... Zzz.

The reception of our beta to those who know Bitcoin but are not power users who browse this forum have being universally positive - Bitcoin will never succeed if people need to sync 200 weeks of prior transactions, have all their 100% payments public , and worry about keeping their private key safe in case of a natural disaster. We're here to fill this need.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:26:35 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 03:40:17 AM by TradeFortress

All real (not system mixed) deposits to your address are credited. You control your private keys and can sign messages. Your spending comes from different addresses.

What this means is it gives you the privacy of a shared wallet, while allowing you to do things like hold ASICMINER shares to your address. Best of both worlds Smiley

We are also looking into free (up to a certain number of chars) vanity address generation for our users, using Amazon's powerful cloud resources.
dillpicklechips

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:32:21 AM

Our format is unique. All real (not system mixed) deposits to your address are credited. You control your private keys and can sign messages. Your spending comes from different addresses.

What this means is it gives you the privacy of a shared wallet, while allowing you to do things like hold ASICMINER shares to your address.
But you have to have the private keys too if I'm using other BTC when I'm sending?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:53:18 AM

But you have to have the private keys too if I'm using other BTC when I'm sending?
Right. Theoretically, we can spend everyone's coins, but that is true for other services too (even the client JS ones) and it makes very little business sense to do so. If you think I'm here to scam people, check out CoinLenders - our total deposits have been going down for a while (3500 BTC less from peak) due to competition, but I make money from the spread on lending and investments, not scamming.
dillpicklechips

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:56:22 AM

Right. Theoretically, we can spend everyone's coins, but that is true for other services too (even the client JS ones) and it makes very little business sense to do so.
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it was a shared wallet or not. Are withdrawals guaranteed that the coins don't come from any of your deposit addresses or is it just unlikely?
1base58

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:57:21 AM

Our format is unique. All real (not system mixed) deposits to your address are credited. You control your private keys and can sign messages. Your spending comes from different addresses.

What this means is it gives you the privacy of a shared wallet, while allowing you to do things like hold ASICMINER shares to your address.

How would this work? ASICMINER shares are issued/traded on btct.co and bitfunder so holding them in a wallet doesn't make sense to me.

I'm also interested whether you are considering support for other cryptocurrencies, in a similar manner allowing for offchain transactions where the recipient selects their preferred currency to deposit into their wallet.

Also, regarding security I don't believe it is sensible to show the 2FA secret on the account details page once 2FA has been enabled. This opens up potential for a CSS attack or loggers (keys + screens) to circumvent 2FA.

EDIT: Also disabling 2FA should require entering the code, a single click to disable 2FA is weak.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:02:13 AM

ASICMINER shares are tied to addresses. Exchanges hold the shares themselves, they are passthroughs.

We use Google's 2FA security model - you can disable 2FA without entering the code in case you lost your phone - this requires you to have a signed in session. Sessions are both IP and user agent locked.

Our site is secure against XSS attacks, as well as CSRF attacks.

Thanks for your feedback! One of the directions we may be going into is a multicurrency wallet with a built in exchange. However, we also want to focus on the core for now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: