Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:53:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158079 times)
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:43:16 PM

As TF liquidated bitfunder: BTCINVEST, he sent the payouts to each investor's Coinlenders account... more than a week after the hack occurred.

I'm not convinced it was nefarious. He might have just been trying to keep everything running while he saw if he could recuperate the losses.

I am inclined to think that. Earn enough interest on Coinlenders and use that to keep the bank operational and liquid. That's what all the other banks in the world do.
If someone breaks into a bank's vault, the bank might still survive as long as there are no massive simultaneous payout requests (bank run). If not for the current price hike, when a lot of people decided to cash out at the same time, inputs.io might have made it through the rough stretch and operational without anyone noticing any problems.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:44:51 PM

Understand: TF operates business, business gets hacked, TF won't pay shit to anyone (depends on him.. he can do as he wants - nobody can affect it).
If he wants, he can just disappear with the money you've gave to him. He's anonymous, remember.

Is he that anonymous?  The found the guy behind Silkroad, they found Pirate40.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327178.0

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:46:20 PM

Understand: TF operates business, business gets hacked, TF won't pay shit to anyone (depends on him.. he can do as he wants - nobody can affect it).
If he wants, he can just disappear with the money you've gave to him. He's anonymous, remember.

Is he that anonymous?  The found the guy behind Silkroad, they found Pirate40.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327178.0

Namecheap surely have his info.
moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:47:47 PM

As TF liquidated bitfunder: BTCINVEST, he sent the payouts to each investor's Coinlenders account... more than a week after the hack occurred.

I'm not convinced it was nefarious. He might have just been trying to keep everything running while he saw if he could recuperate the losses.

I am inclined to think that. Earn enough interest on Coinlenders and use that to keep the bank operational and liquid. That's what all the other banks in the world do.
If someone breaks into a bank's vault, the bank might still survive as long as there are no massive simultaneous payout requests (bank run). If not for the current price hike, when a lot of people decided to cash out at the same time, inputs.io might have made it through the rough stretch and operational without anyone noticing any problems.

You are forgetting some detail there buddy, people noticed their bitcoins from inputs.io went missing. That is, they didn't even request a payout, they were taken from them. You are not going to see a real world bank doing that nowadays without facing huge problems (at least a country-wide kind of problem), please do not compare this to a bank in any way.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:48:27 PM

Yes, apart from the hacker came back with the API keys and people noticed their accounts had been cleaned out. He couldn't hide that. Then that information got out and started the bank run.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:50:53 PM

Wow, with 300+ BTC in/out of my inputs.io account, I consider myself lucky to have moved all my funds to a safe wallet a couple of weeks ago. Good luck to TF with sorting out the mess, I hope the stolen coins can be recovered at an exchange or something, although it's obviously unlikely to happen Sad
Magazine

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:51:37 PM

I'm sure the hacker will slowly launder the coins and do small sale
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:52:18 PM

refunds are sent out with 0 tx fees. they will most likely never reach you guys...

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:53:08 PM

refunds are sent out with 0 tx fees. they will most likely never reach you guys...

No they have fees attached https://blockchain.info/address/1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

Mine: https://blockchain.info/tx/45e2a542ae944ce71192b31734afd5deb45d6fc153eb009359fe7162745b567d nothing

Random: https://blockchain.info/tx/ac27216f82c3aea6f28242a8b0ba3624625c35c82fa233d5429c7e793556bd0d 0.0001 ....

Magazine

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:56:09 PM

Fees   0.0001 BTC
Magazine

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:56:49 PM

It's 10 bucks, I'm sure you can live without 0.04 of a Bitcoin.
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:10:05 PM

this is the key. he let everyone keep depositing, just lining his pockets with BTC that he is now "partially refunding." coinlenders is still up --- TF are you fucking STILL taking people's coins on coinlenders? i can't believe you let us go so long just lying to us that everything was okay. it is truly disgusting and i hope you are ostracized from the btc community. makes me so sick thinking about what you've done. if you really got hacked? fucking own up to it when it happens. don't let your loyal customers walk into a trap you set so you can steal from them for weeks while you figure your fucking mess out.

Agreed!  What exactly does the bolded statement below from TradeFortress mean? 

I have many problems with this.

• "We" refers to one person, am I correct?
  • Why were deposits and withdrawal not disabled?
  • If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?
  • Why was the "hot pocket" not immediately emptied after the hack?
1. No. Inputs.io isn't just me, although I do the majority of the work.
2. They were in limited capacity. A withdrawal amount limit didn't work as people simply broke up.
3. The hacker dumped API keys and PIN from the DB. API keys (re)generated after the hack haven't being stolen.
4. The attacker didn't take all of the BTCs, perhaps wanting to remain undetected and steal more.

Is that an admission that he imposed new withdrawal limits after the "hack" to try to hide inputs.io's insolvency?   Or were new deposits somehow restricted as well?

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:17:29 PM

You are forgetting some detail there buddy, people noticed their bitcoins from inputs.io went missing. That is, they didn't even request a payout, they were taken from them. You are not going to see a real world bank doing that nowadays without facing huge problems (at least a country-wide kind of problem), please do not compare this to a bank in any way.

I stand corrected in that I forgot about that detail, assuming it was the BTC price causing the mass withdrawals.
Still my analogy to a bank is correct: A single occurrence of a break-in into a vault might be hushed up or at least survivable for a bank; multiple unsolicited customer checkbook alterations by a milicious entity would certainly cause an uproar.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:34:19 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283756.new#new

is the CL thread.

BTW: since coinlenders generates revenue, I won't accept anything less then my initial investment.

+1

All who are using CL should get at least initial investment back.
Maybe it will take a while to get the coins, since the people who took the loans might have a few weeks/months to repay.
But eventually all CL deposits should get refunded.

+1. 

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:41:09 PM

Just got an e-mail back, quote :
"Because the hack occurred neraly 2 weeks ago and the public announcement was only made now?"

This makes no sense, why did TF let people use a COMPROMISED wallet for two more weeks?

Why its now public and not before 2 weeks?Huh  Angry

Since Boelens have decided to only selectively pick responses, after the 4K btc compromise I cloned the disk image as soon as I could (after disbelieving and in horrendous shock), investigated the scope of the breach, regenerated all credentials, and have been exploring any options that allows Inputs users to not lose any money.

You never told me this. All you said was that it was re secured and thus you announced it now.

Sorry to see TradeFortress trying to pass the blame to you Boelens. I always liked you during my brief time at coinchat. A pity you got mixed up with these types.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
seakazoo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:41:51 PM

The refund address must be same with email address input.io ? If I want use wallet that does not use email address how to refund it ?
If you have a significant amount that's worth the trouble of verifying identity, support@inputs.io

Exactly how are you determining what a significant amount is that's worth the trouble of verifying identity?

[edit: lol spelling]
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

The refund address must be same with email address input.io ? If I want use wallet that does not use email address how to refund it ?
If you have a significant amount that's worth the trouble of verifying identity, support@inputs.io

Exactly how are you determining what a significant amount is that's worth the trouble of verifying identity?

[edit: lol spelling]

Maybe he handed the task to randomcloud.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
ARTHurt

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:01:04 PM

Just want to share with you guys I've got 100% refund, true it was small amount ~0.01btc, but still ...
https://blockchain.info/ro/address/1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF

It's very difficult to understand or assume what exactely happened, there are a lot of unanswered questions...

The thing is TF is no doubt a very smart guy, considering what he achieved in business as a single guy, not being a company with dozens of employees as it might look the whole bunch of major and high traffic websites he was running
So it's equally difficult not to believe he's a scammer at some point but... think about it, if there is a chance he's not that, if he's just a well intended guy as probably each one of you, being caught in such a huge and overwhelming and shocking hit to your business... how the hell would you react?

Being quiet for two weeks after the hack and evaluating the chances to save your business not losing the trust of the ones trusting your business, I really doubt any of us in his position would run straight to the police to complain. Maybe he just hoped he's got chances to get things right, fix whatever was needed to be fixed to continue the business with the fewest casualties possible. Unfortunately at the end 100% bad luck.

It's just my idea, don't throw stones... IF he's not a bad guy, I cannot imagine me being in his place, suddenly having everything  ruined.
For me it's amazing the strength he has now, trying to refund people even like this , partially and chaotically ...

Thanks for refund TF ...
I did find you as a nice and reasonable guy as admin@coinchat, if you're not the scammer people are claiming, I'm really, really sad and sorry for the colapse of the whole thing...
timma05

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:33:07 PM

I had .35 BTC stored so I emailed and received a .29 refund unconfirmed as of now. Had .05 stored in coinchat but don't think that will be refunded.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: