Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your portfolio during the bear market?  (Read 422 times)
cryptoDARO (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 07:16:17 PM

I think we're at the beginning of the bear market. The question is how do I manage my losses?
I hold some of my coins but have cashed out some too and rebought at a lower price (which resulted in an increase of total amount of my ETH, LTC but that's not too much tbh).

There's no such thing as "safe haven" in crypto, the best option would be to convert into fiat to avoid loses (although I've already taken some).

Also, I've made some research lately on projects that I'm interested in for long-term holding (at least a year). I don't wanna add any additional cash just yet, instead gonna re-invest my money and I'm thinking if that's the right moment to do so. Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:33:59 PM

I think we're at the beginning of the bear market. The question is how do I manage my losses?
I hold some of my coins but have cashed out some too and rebought at a lower price (which resulted in an increase of total amount of my ETH, LTC but that's not too much tbh).

There's no such thing as "safe haven" in crypto, the best option would be to convert into fiat to avoid loses (although I've already taken some).

Also, I've made some research lately on projects that I'm interested in for long-term holding (at least a year). I don't wanna add any additional cash just yet, instead gonna re-invest my money and I'm thinking if that's the right moment to do so. Huh
Seeing on the methods that you are making on here I would say its really good since you did able to cash out and bought on lower prices even more when you do see opportunities of buybacks. My habit and my goals are always on getting out my capital first and then re-roll on the profits that you do made.Rinse and repeat because this is the way that you would able to make money.Handling your portfolio on bear market isn't possible but somehow you can able to lessen the risk of losing by doing good decision either on holding it or selling % of your holdings.

anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:39:11 PM

I think  this period is time to buy because of the retracing of the coins after the wonderful rally. You have to watch the market and find the coins that has a good potential of rising based on the total coins that the project raised and the quantity in circulation. The ratio of the two normally gives an insight on what the coins will do.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:55:12 PM

Cash it out to FIAT if you fear losses. Then just buy back whatever you want when the time comes. Either that or just buy bitcoins since I think it will always end up the best investment so far. Since the market always reacts to bitcoins then it will suffice to say that is the best investment to have in a bearish market. Also, it is best to stack up on BTC right now since altcoins are going down, when alts stop going down then you will have plenty of BTC to buy those cheap alts.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:22:42 PM

if you are trying to cut losses seems to be a very bad choice. Believe me, the price will jump again. The best thing to convert your coin into the bitcoin or major coin just like ethereum. Yesterday was the best time to invest your money. But if you are cut lost for your investment and i'm sorry about you were missing the best chance to buy again. Remember bearish is a good time to buy more and more.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:42:10 PM

Wow there is no way to do such a thing, now that Tether is being compromised and we know that the market has been very manipulated by them and bitfinex, it is obviously that you dont have a way to conver your alts to USDT

It was easy to do it on the past, most of the times when there was a bearish trend approaching i used to convert some of my altcoins to tether, and them try to re-buy again when the price went up again.

But now it is impossible, tether is almost going to explode and we dont know when is it going to happen, but it will be soon.

Maybe patience is the only way that you could be protected for a bearish trend, lol.
javalemcgee

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:46:06 PM

There are many ways, but there is no certain way to protect yourself from bearish market trend.

-Not having 100% bitcoin.
-Not having 100% ethereum.
-Not having 100% altcoins in your portfolio, they die quick.
-Having some fiat cash money or at least USDT.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:25:59 PM

Diversify your portfolio, that is the only way to protect your portfolio, you need to have several cryptos that way when some of them go down some of them go up, also you need to invest in something other than crypto you cannot have all your money invested in crypto you need to invest in a business you own, or invest in houses or stocks, and if you cannot do that at least withdraw some of your money to cash.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:40:29 PM

I’m choosing to hold and wait out and correction or recession. I have Bitcoins and several altcoins that I am comfortable holding because I think prices will recover if there is a significant price drop. However, you have several options:

1) Sell now and wait for a drop to buy back lower.

2) Sell any coins that you think are more risky and hold the really good ones.

3) Sell a percentage of your portfolio and hold the rest.

4) Hold everything and wait it out.
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:42:56 PM

If the bear market is not too bad then hold is the best way to protect our portofolio.
Another choice is you have to spare some amount of usd that we can use to buy back the altcoin that we trade. We do it like averaging strategy style. Also good to protect portofolio.

mvillar

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:24:42 AM

There are many ways, but there is no certain way to protect yourself from bearish market trend.

-Not having 100% bitcoin.
-Not having 100% ethereum.
-Not having 100% altcoins in your portfolio, they die quick.
-Having some fiat cash money or at least USDT.
I woudn't touch USDT even with a stick right now. But I think all the rest of your post it's really spot on.

Get the best airdrops at https://t.me/only_the_best_airdrops
Kindless

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:28:00 AM

You'd ever tried the automated bots insterad of doing them manually ? I think there won't be losses with them, guarantee profit.
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:17:32 AM

I think we are not in the bear market anymore. The bear market was in July and August I think. It was the time when market really fell down hard. August is still in the bear market and it is at the same time the ghost month, as according to the traditional beliefs of the chinese. There is a negative effect to the market during these times. But in November and December, the mood will be returning to the positive side of things. But in terms of protection, you may use Tether or convert them to fiat for stability during bear months.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
thulisman

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:47:26 AM

You should divide your capital into several parts to diversify your investment and reduce risk if an investment fails. Always have a backup plan so you do not have to stop playing too soon. 2018 will be the year when the crypto school grows strong.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:11:45 AM

I agree. What you did is right, cryptos is like a roller coaster your money there is always at risk. Regarding the bear market, do you believe Goldman Sachs prediction will also affect cryptos?  

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:38:02 PM

Wow there is no way to do such a thing, now that Tether is being compromised and we know that the market has been very manipulated by them and bitfinex, it is obviously that you dont have a way to conver your alts to USDT

It was easy to do it on the past, most of the times when there was a bearish trend approaching i used to convert some of my altcoins to tether, and them try to re-buy again when the price went up again.

But now it is impossible, tether is almost going to explode and we dont know when is it going to happen, but it will be soon.

Maybe patience is the only way that you could be protected for a bearish trend, lol.

This was going to happen eventually many people have called tether a scam from the beginning and now we are seeing it seems they were right all along, there two ways to protect yourself from the bear market one is to hold and not sell no matter what, this can be demoralizing if the bear market is long and the price decreases a lot, and the other is to sell and get cash.
Malek.ma

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:49:09 PM

I agree that this is a bear market in which the only way to protect once self is not to sell the coins for the moments and to accept the lost
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:04:54 PM

I for my part are long term hodling most of my coins in cold storage and therefore are just holding through the bear market and dont watch the prices too often. But I know people that just cash out everything to fiat, some also hedge via USTD (I dont like that though, trust issues from my side). I guess everybody must decide for himself what suits him, if you speculate on cheaper entries and plan on buying again, a cashout to fiat and then back to crypto would be the best way I guess, as nobody can know what happens to BTC in a bear market.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:56:39 AM

I think we should have 2 kind of investment so we can doing hedging to diversifikasi the risk. For example when bearish market of crypto we doing hedge to other feature of investment like stock which less volatilty than crypto, then when crypto market rebound we hedge again to buy crypto. By doing diversifikasi I think good idea to minimize risk when crypto market on bearish tren.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:46:34 AM

If you are afraid that your investment will lose its value then it's better to cash them out and bought when it back at floor price. Just remember that the timing should be perfect. But others just don't do anything in a bear market because they invest what they can afford to lose, as much as crypto can't go on being bullish, same as in bear market.

Not only in crypto but in stock market or even all investment for that matter. What makes it more riskier in the crypto market is that the price is very volatile. Daily price swings are a norm.

Well as I have said that timing is another factor to be successful in investment. But if you are looking for long term, I think you can enter the market anytime. Yes, re-investment is a good thing, as long as you know what coins you are going to re-invest your profit. Make money out of money, it you know what I'm saying.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀