Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE of MEW SCAM, DO NOT be fooled.  (Read 984 times)
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:48:23 AM
Merited by Cootie (1)

I thought I could never be fooled by a phishing page, but today i came across something that was almost fatal for me.
Someone posted a news on a telegram channel that was somehow coming from cointelegraph, saying that MEW had a new vulnerability which hackers could take advantage of, at first view one wouldn't tell it's a scam, especially me with a dusty laptop monitor, the l from the link was with a dot under it, also the link for MEW from that post had a dot under the e letter.

Here is a screenshot of the scam, be careful and pay very good attention to the link, it even has ssl certificate https.

There are already plenty of users that are already been victims by these pushing sites. For all the users that are been already victim by these immoral pishing sites make this as a lesson and for those otger user make this as a warning, we are not perfect being we can't avoid having these mistakes but the most important of it is we learn from our mistakes and grow even stronger and wiser to avoid these bad happening to happen again. Having these pishing sites arounds is very alarming, we should be wise on all the decisions we are about to made specially when we are about to enter our private keys. To avoid these kund of issues, Its safe to bookmark the real website of mew, use metamask, ledger nano to make your account more secure, double checking the URL of the website before entering your private key, Avoid using public computers and pc use your own device or gadgets if possible, protect your private keys and don't let anyone to see and have it, avoid clicking a suggested link mentioned somewhere else that proclaiming that its shortcut to myetherwalletmyetherwallet and lastly have a safe and secure browsing.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tugsukana

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:45:24 AM

I thought I could never be fooled by a phishing page, but today i came across something that was almost fatal for me.
Someone posted a news on a telegram channel that was somehow coming from cointelegraph, saying that MEW had a new vulnerability which hackers could take advantage of, at first view one wouldn't tell it's a scam, especially me with a dusty laptop monitor, the l from the link was with a dot under it, also the link for MEW from that post had a dot under the e letter.

Here is a screenshot of the scam, be careful and pay very good attention to the link, it even has ssl certificate https.

https://i.imgur.com/vSY5PPk.png
There are already plenty of users that are already been victims by these pushing sites. For all the users that are been already victim by these immoral pishing sites make this as a lesson and for those otger user make this as a warning, we are not perfect being we can't avoid having these mistakes but the most important of it is we learn from our mistakes and grow even stronger and wiser to avoid these bad happening to happen again. Having these pishing sites arounds is very alarming, we should be wise on all the decisions we are about to made specially when we are about to enter our private keys. To avoid these kund of issues, Its safe to bookmark the real website of mew, use metamask, ledger nano to make your account more secure, double checking the URL of the website before entering your private key, Avoid using public computers and pc use your own device or gadgets if possible, protect your private keys and don't let anyone to see and have it, avoid clicking a suggested link mentioned somewhere else that proclaiming that its shortcut to myetherwalletmyetherwallet and lastly have a safe and secure browsing.
thanks a lot sir. now iknow if anyone got scam and im aware of that scam.. maybe someone my friends told me that.. so now loud and clear to me..
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 11:20:43 AM

we need to always double check on every site especially the sites that keep our coins like mew and I heard that many people get stolen their tokens and they cannot get their tokens back. I think if somehow our account in mew is getting hack, we can change the private keys and move the balance into the other mew wallet because I remember that I already discuss this with my friends and we agree that we need to move it fast before our tokens lost forever.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:49:18 PM

thanks a lot sir. now iknow if anyone got scam and im aware of that scam.. maybe someone my friends told me that.. so now loud and clear to me..
This is why its always been suggested for newbies to read up things on this forum in regards with possible scam or phishing attempts on where these informations would really be helpful into your crypto career.

we need to always double check on every site especially the sites that keep our coins like mew and I heard that many people get stolen their tokens and they cannot get their tokens back. I think if somehow our account in mew is getting hack, we can change the private keys and move the balance into the other mew wallet because I remember that I already discuss this with my friends and we agree that we need to move it fast before our tokens lost forever.
We should really be sensible to our actions and bookmarking legit websites url isnt really that too hard yet it do only consume seconds in our time. Always be vigilant into the sites on where we do input important informations like private keys and other related stuffs that being used to access our wallet addresses.

The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:48:16 AM

This type of phishing is very hard to notice. But I stopped after seeing "we are committed to pay damages". Even those talented scammers can create a perfect imitation, you will still see some errors if you examine it closely.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

This type of phishing is very hard to notice. But I stopped after seeing "we are committed to pay damages". Even those talented scammers can create a perfect imitation, you will still see some errors if you examine it closely.

That's why before complaining about the scammers we have to check ourselves before sending or clicking any link because we have to very careful in dealing when it comes to online. Daily we are seeing my phishing links to our mail, but try to understand and read them carefully before doing any task.
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:10:22 AM

MEW users must be aware cause most of them are victims of phishing. I always suggest to every users of MEW to "think before they click " a certain link .

Tugsukana

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:53:35 AM

MEW users must be aware cause most of them are victims of phishing. I always suggest to every users of MEW to "think before they click " a certain link .
thanks for the advice bro im aware of that and im always thingking  sometimes if my mew is safe or not thats why i always check my ETH if im scammed Cheesy .. #Beware Of MEW scam
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:21:28 AM

Yes, we have to be very careful with the scammers, because they will try any sorts of tricks to steal the money from your wallet. Better dont fall to those tricks and you need to get awareness by checking their links. You need to secure yourself because we dont know whether it is good or bad, so confirm from the sources before doing anything.
ACVinegar

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:56:06 PM

Yeah your right, just think before click a link because some sites are using or link are almost the same by the MEW specially in terms of features. But there's something unique to MEW because they giving private key, they give it to the owner of the account to kept it in safe. But you are possible to become victims of phishing if you cannot take care your unique private key given to you.
permadi

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

thanks dude been warned, we do have to be more careful with, especially when entering the link wallet, I hope this doesn't happen again to all member here, and I hope we are not indiscriminate in visiting the given link by people, whether it be a link in a telegram or a link that is on every social media, I'll also be more careful in visiting the link and enter private key
mkumar76

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:17:43 PM

https://i.imgur.com/vSY5PPk.png

that is called phishing link , it looks lime same as original site .
but it has some coding due to which only difference of 1 dot under any letter .
best way to save yourself is bookmark the right link . and never open such phishing mails .
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:19:45 AM

I think everyone is aware about the phishing sites, but sometimes we fall from a kind of tricks that we didnt expect. Just like what happened to the OP.
Now, if in any case dont just click any link, no matter how it looks so real. Just always rely on your booked mark websites. Thats what I do everytime and I havent been a victim of phishing sites, hopefully not in the future as well lol  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoindian

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

Yes, we have enough time to check and analyze the website without any problem, because once we send money to the fake address we cannot retrieve them. So it always good to check before sending coins, even while sending the ETH or BTC to ICO projects better check twice before sending.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 02:52:32 AM

thanks for the advice bro im aware of that and im always thingking  sometimes if my mew is safe or not thats why i always check my ETH if im scammed Cheesy .. #Beware Of MEW scam

the best thing that you can do is save your private keys in a safe place and maybe you can create a file that contains all of your private keys and only you that will know where the file location. make sure that when you visit into mew websites, double check the address link before you log in into that sites and make sure that your computer clean from any trojan or virus that might be in your computer.
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:48:36 AM

the best thing that you can do is save your private keys in a safe place and maybe you can create a file that contains all of your private keys and only you that will know where the file location. make sure that when you visit into mew websites, double check the address link before you log in into that sites and make sure that your computer clean from any trojan or virus that might be in your computer.

Most people are facing the problems because they are not bothering on which website they are clicking, we have to protect our keys in the safe place but even though they kept them in the safe place, but they are sharing those Private keys to other people by clicking the dummy links.
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:10:49 AM

Most people are facing the problems because they are not bothering on which website they are clicking, we have to protect our keys in the safe place but even though they kept them in the safe place, but they are sharing those Private keys to other people by clicking the dummy links.
Safest place for private key is paper wallet, but at some point everyone has to use that key.
If you enter that key to phishing site it doesn't matter any more how safe paper wallet was.
Also, people need to learn how to use metamask.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

beware of whom ever who reads this thread because you might want to get fooled.

@op for your information , mew or myetherwallet is not a scam but there were many circulating news about mew  that said users of it this wallet have been hi jack but that isnt actually the mew's problem rather that is the mistake of the user. mew's security is pretty solid but the private keys option are the ones who is verry risky to use because of phishing attempts

I suggest , with better use other options to login our account and we should avoid using private keys from now on in order to ensure safetiness.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: