Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets get GrubHub to accept Bitcoins!  (Read 967 times)
cryptograd (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:20:58 PM

So www.grubhub.com is an awesome convenient way to order food online. They are a new startup, its perfect for bitcoin!
here is their email:
doinggood@grubhub.com
I'm suggesting they use bitpay.com(https://bitpay.com/) or Mt.Gox(https://mtgox.com/merchant) to get them started with their merchant plugins and widgets.

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Itcher

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:22:13 PM

don't you think this is the best time? Nobody with sanity would accept btc if he had a glance at actual courses ... wait till btc reaches the ground
cryptograd (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:41:09 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 02:53:23 PM by cryptograd

don't you think this is the best time? Nobody with sanity would accept btc if he had a glance at actual courses ... wait till btc reaches the ground

What?

This is why i stay on the technical side of bitcoin

BTCitcoin is a wealth transfer protocol not a currency

Youd be trading in rabbits foots and tulips of you thought you'd profit. This is about the technology and widening the scope of global wealth transfer.

You are too small minded to be into BTCitcoin... maybe you should wait "till btc reaches the ground"

Itcher is the reason bitcoin speculator price is dropping.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:42:52 PM

What?

this is why i stay on the technical side ob bitcoin

itcoin is a wealth transfer protocol not a currency

Youd be trading in rabbits foots and tulips of you thought you'd profit. This is about the technology and widening the scope of global wealth transfer.

You are to small minded to see be into BTCitcoin... maybe you should wait "till btc reaches the ground"

Itcher is the reason bitcoin speculator value is dropping.

So if its a wealth transfer protocol and not a currency why the f* you want to use it for ordering burgers?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cryptograd (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:50:34 PM

OMG the IQ level in the rest of this forum is absurd

Itcher

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:53:49 PM

What?

You are to small minded to see be into BTCitcoin... maybe you should wait "till btc reaches the ground"

So if its a wealth transfer protocol and not a currency why the f* you want to use it for ordering burgers?

Plz, take a breath. If you come from the technical side, you have my respect, but you did post a suggestion in the economics-section - a good suggestion - so don't run in anger, if you get an economic answer. If you want to live in a mono-perspective world, you could, but don't run in field where other perspectives do live and start to howl like a baby, if you meet thoughts which aren't your thoughts.

OMG the IQ level in the rest of this forum is absurd

You don't need no IQ of an absurd hight, to imagine yourself into the position of any businessman ... it's easy, and you should give it a try, if you want them do anything: most of them want to make profit, at least they don't want to loose money or to crash down their business ... no-one!

And if any businessmen accepts BTC, they have to calculate with them. If I as a founder of a startup accept BTC and many people use it, I will soon sit on a bunch of BTC. Thats great, as I like BTC, but it doesn't free me from paying my workforce, the shipping-service, my supply-chain, my rent, my electricity, and as the world is actually roling, I HAVE to change them into FIAT. For this I HAVE to ask myself: What will be the price, not today, but tomorrow or in a month or in half a year? And, just one glance on the so-hated charts and you see: the trend goes downwards. Conclusion: High possibility to loose money.

What would you answer, if the grubhub representative will ask you this? Will your answer be:

[/quote]

What?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Conclusion for the startup: BTC is a thing for lunatics, living in some strange, non-economic world but claim to give advice to businessmaen.

You think it helps BTC to make people with good will laugh about it?

readonlyaccess

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:02:58 PM

I'm not sure I understand this.  Why is accepting BTC a thing for lunatics?  With services like bitpay you can receive USD the same day for services offered, thereby eliminating any risk from a volatility standpoint...Bitpay does everything for you.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

I'm not sure I understand this.  Why is accepting BTC a thing for lunatics?  With services like bitpay you can receive USD the same day for services offered, thereby eliminating any risk from a volatility standpoint...Bitpay does everything for you.

+1, services like Bitpay are the way to go for normal merchants. 
Itcher

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:04:35 PM

I too think so ... I just think these month are no good opportunity to adopt btc for merchandise ... nearly everybody in the speculation corner is sure price will go down for the next month. This could ruin a business which accept btc right now without thinking carefully about it or beeing bad adviced. And this would be a great harm for bitcoins.

m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:48:47 PM

You don't need no IQ of an absurd hight, to imagine yourself into the position of any businessman ...

However, YOU need an IQ above your shoe size to spell "height" correctly.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
readonlyaccess

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:27:56 AM

I too think so ... I just think these month are no good opportunity to adopt btc for merchandise ... nearly everybody in the speculation corner is sure price will go down for the next month. This could ruin a business which accept btc right now without thinking carefully about it or beeing bad adviced. And this would be a great harm for bitcoins.

Price volatility is of no concern to a merchant using coinbase.com or bitpay.com because the conversion is done on the spot.
Itcher

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:37:39 AM

Price volatility is of no concern to a merchant using coinbase.com or bitpay.com because the conversion is done on the spot.

Thanks for information, I didn't know this, sorry.

But I am wondering ... if the conversion is done instantly - it must have the same effect as if you sell your btc somewhere. I thought, if someone accepts btc, he would have them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: