Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL refund through Paypal claim  (Read 15211 times)
domoblur

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:54:18 PM

For those of you with significant preorders "investments" with BFL, I'd suggest you'd seek refunds soon through whichever avenue you choose.  You want to be at the front of the refund line and not at the end.  Soon the company will be looted and then protected by bankruptcy laws.  It will then be unlikely you will see your funds nor any miner.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:03:42 PM

For all of the coverage the BFL Long-Con has received, this is the first time I have seen someone give this perspective. To anyone involved in ฿ intelligent enough to not do business with BFL, you really have to be thrilled about what they have been able to pull off, on a personal level. You can thank BFL for the following:
The BFL scandal is a wonderful example of how this industry attracts both types of investors in droves, and why shamelessly (and obviously) bilking the most gullible of them is still a profitable business venture.
Can't agree with everything in your point of view, but there is one thing which is certainly true. 

In high tech, often, the first adopters lose their financial investment.  But the hardware is built and functioning, and, then, after the "fire sales," the economic balance between cost and value are restored.

Think, e.g., of the amount of fiber run below the streets and rights of way in the late 1990's, dark for a decade, now carrying the expanding backbone.  Think of the Iridium satellites, unprofitable until the pennies-on-dollar sale restored the only truly global satellite phone service.     
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:21:30 PM

For all of the coverage the BFL Long-Con has received, this is the first time I have seen someone give this perspective. To anyone involved in ฿ intelligent enough to not do business with BFL, you really have to be thrilled about what they have been able to pull off, on a personal level. You can thank BFL for the following:

- Herding the most gullible and naive Bitcoin investors together and cleaning them out of all of  some / all of their $ or ฿'s, thus removing them from the market. Their purchasing power is gone and they are no longer competing with yours to drive up prices. BFL customers have made us all wealthier.

- ASICMINER has been given the market, thanks in large part to their #2 or #3 challenger offering them a full 12-14 month head start. Any rare BFL hardware that does make it to an investor will now have to compete in a sea of outperforming hardware of scale. BFL has essentially taken $ and ฿ directly from clueless investors and redistributed that bounty back into the network, down the grapevine and into ASICMINER shareholders pockets.

- 50-75% hardware blow-outs on BFL's gear are coming this Fall. For the few remaining marks left in the BFL camp, the odds of receiving hardware that works AND is profitable is becoming a pipe dream. Queue the flood of BFL pre-order fire sales taking place in the Auctions forum on this very site and Ebay. This is what should happen, intelligent investors that had the sense to stay away from BFL can now use their $ or ฿ to buy up the bilked investors discounted hardware. This allows someone to still make a net return on the hardware, and that is how it should be in this case.

The free market punishes lack of foresight, impatience and naivete. It rewards vision, mental strength and timing. The BFL scandal is a wonderful example of how this industry attracts both types of investors in droves, and why shamelessly (and obviously) bilking the most gullible of them is still a profitable business venture.

Man you are full of it aren't you?

Welcome to my ignore list.

Erk ignores anything that disagrees with his point of view. He probably has half the forum ignored by now.
From his little echo chamber, BFL is the greatest company on earth and all of it's customers are happy.
Plus, he probably gets paid for ButterShilling (TM).

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Loredo

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 09:58:11 PM

Erk ignores anything that disagrees with his point of view. He probably has half the forum ignored by now.
From his little echo chamber, BFL is the greatest company on earth and all of it's customers are happy.
Plus, he probably gets paid for ButterShilling (TM).
If you believe that to be true (and I ain't saying it isn't plausible any more than I'm saying it's wrong) then consider this:

A ways above, he was directing people to the Kansas state consumer protection laws, and associating the activities of BFL with telemarketing.  That, to that extent that Yip was confused.

Taken together, the conclusions would have to be: 

(a) KA consumer protection would not give any comfort (you, after all, are out of state, e.g.);
(b) State telemarketing regulations or laws have nothing to do with it;
(c) The Federal laws remain the place to look, if anywhere.  Remember who it was who prosecuted Mr. Vleisides before, on what grounds, and for using which instrumentalities of communication and commerce.

solitude (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:47:15 AM

Are you guys selling your preorders on ebay or just filing a claim with Paypal/FTC?

If I sell my pre-order on ebay and am paid through paypal, and these clowns never end up shipping, or ship a year from now, what's stopping the buyer from initiating a chargeback?

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:52:24 AM

Are you guys selling your preorders on ebay or just filing a claim with Paypal/FTC?

If I sell my pre-order on ebay and am paid through paypal, and these clowns never end up shipping, or ship a year from now, what's stopping the buyer from initiating a chargeback?

Exactly why I didn't sell my BFL preorder ANYWHERE.................................. Roll Eyes

It's not worth the headache to worry if their going to fold later or not ship in a "timely" fashion to keep from having to refund the buyer of my preorder.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:09:56 PM

Bumping for more replies to this

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:28:47 PM

Ebay and Paypal is not designed (policy wise) for BFL pre-orders...nor their subsequent resale. (In my Opinion)

If you resell "promises" of delivery based on what BFL has told you, expect your own customer to be just as screwed as you were. You are just becoming a repeater of promises and hence, you will be charged back.

Lets all join a Kumbaya circle and chargeback on each other?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

There is a weak link somewhere in the chain of a successful Ebay (p)re-sale.

The question(s) of the day is:

Are you the weakest link because you can't deliver to your customer on time? Or is it BFL because they can't seemingly deliver "to you" on time?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:44:26 PM

Courtesy of:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3144-ls-s-mr-status-speculation-11.html#post46100

Trouble in paradise? There might possibly be a delay due to that darn x-link.

X-Link: Apparently a BFL proprietary design for linking boards together.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:47:01 PM

Courtesy of:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3144-ls-s-mr-status-speculation-11.html#post46100

Trouble in paradise? There might possibly be a delay due to that darn x-link.

X-Link: Apparently a BFL proprietary design for linking boards together.

There hasn't been a "I got my mini-rig" post in a while.
BFL halted Jalapeno shipments until the other product lines catch up.
It is July 8th.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:02:46 AM

So, Big Jody over at BFL posted her daily shipping blog, and guess what

they are shipping June 23rd Singles still aren't shipping Singles at all, same as last week, and the week before it.

So I guess the prophets of doom were right, this company really is swindling us.

solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:10:40 AM

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:46:22 AM

This describes the BFL hype very appropriately:

http://blog.gogrid.com/2012/11/28/riding-the-gartner-hype-cycle-roller-coaster-hang-on-to-your-magic-quadrants/

Of course, when graphed, BFL's expectations and performance end with a tail spin and subsequent pitch fork shapes from angry crowds?
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:15:31 AM

How many of you have been successful in getting a refund through paypal, after BFL illegally denied your refund?

Within 45 days paypal policy, I have tried to get outta there before June. The BFL is really, really deep damned.
solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

How many of you have been successful in getting a refund through paypal, after BFL illegally denied your refund?

Within 45 days paypal policy, I have tried to get outta there before June. The BFL is really, really deep damned.

Were you able to get a refund?

solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:07:53 PM

I just got off the phone with "Robert" from PayPal and he said they would be more than willing to refund me after a dispute was opened because the BFL cronies haven't shipped a single thing and are denying refunds.

Loredo

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:49:10 PM

I just got off the phone with "Robert" from PayPal and he said they would be more than willing to refund me after a dispute was opened because the BFL cronies haven't shipped a single thing and are denying refunds.
???But the highlighted part is not true???
solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:50:25 PM

BFL shill pls go

Loredo

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:59:08 PM

BFL shill pls go
Go back and read my post history - including on this thread - and then see if I'm a shill for anybody.

To say BFL has not shipped a single thing is a prima facie misrepresentation of the truth.  You have plenty of cause to come down on BFL without making shit up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: