Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL refund through Paypal claim  (Read 15211 times)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:00:56 PM

to be fair, bfl is shipping some products.
solitude (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:06:51 PM

I just got off the phone with "Robert" from PayPal and he said they would be more than willing to refund me after a dispute was opened because the BFL cronies haven't shipped a single thing and are denying refunds.
???But the highlighted part is not true???

BFL shill pls go
Go back and read my post history - including on this thread - and then see if I'm a shill for anybody.

To say BFL has not shipped a single thing is a prima facie misrepresentation of the truth.  You have plenty of cause to come down on BFL without making shit up.

They haven't shipped a single in a month, except to shills like ARS Technica and other "I got my Single today!" shills

They haven't provided an explanation as to why they haven't shipped.

What pisses me off the most is they claim to still be "Shipping June 23rd Singles" which they've been claiming for a month now.  There's under 100 orders for June 23rd, so how many Singles do you think they've shipped?

Who in their right mind would defend this company after they started denying refunds to customers, with some phoney explanation?

A shill would

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:17:55 PM

I just got off the phone with "Robert" from PayPal and he said they would be more than willing to refund me after a dispute was opened because the BFL cronies haven't shipped a single thing and are denying refunds.

BFL shill pls go
Go back and read my post history - including on this thread - and then see if I'm a shill for anybody.

To say BFL has not shipped a single thing is a prima facie misrepresentation of the truth.  You have plenty of cause to come down on BFL without making shit up.

They haven't shipped a single in a month, except to shills like ARS Technica and other "I got my Single today!" shills

What pisses me off the most is they claim to still be "Shipping June 23rd Singles" which they've been claiming for a month now.  There's under 100 orders for June 23rd, so how many Singles do you think they've shipped?

Who in their right mind would defend this company after they started denying refunds to customers, with some phoney explanation?

A shill would

Perhaps this is a language thing; if by "single thing" you meant the product called "single," then for all I know you may be right.  But what I do know is that they have shipped many Jallies (including ones getting stopped at customs in the EU).

If you represented to PayPal that they haven't shipped anything, then I take to exception to that.  On the basis of the apparent violations of US FTC regulations, the constant misrepresentation of delivery schedules and intentions, and so on:  go for their balls. 

Just don't make shit up, and certainly don't tell lies to PayPal.  They're your advocate in this, and, just as someone should never lie to their lawyer, they should not lie to their advocates.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:32:33 PM

BFL shill pls go

A shill would

Welcome to Full Production, where refunds are no longer honored.
Loredo

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:53:23 PM

I can't believe I have to defend myself against being a BFL shill.  A cursory review of the characterizations I've made of BFL would strongly suggest to anyone with an iota of the sense you have that, if I had to bet on BFL's raison d'etre I'd bet 'long con' at this point in time.

I know they've (quite possibly illegally) stopped refunds.  I don't know,  but indications are, they've stopped shipping again; the theory someone had that they had a small number of chips, used most in Jallies, and a few in some tickler Big Boxes looks pretty plausible right now.\

My only point is this guy seemed to indicate that he represented to the PayPal agent that BFL had shipped nothing.  And that's not true.  And if and when PayPal calls BFL, and BFL can demonstrate that's not true, that does nothing to help the refund cause.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:02:12 PM

I can't believe I have to defend myself against being a BFL shill.  A cursory review of the characterizations I've made of BFL would strongly suggest to anyone with an iota of the sense you have that, if I had to bet on BFL's raison d'etre I'd bet 'long con' at this point in time.

I know they've (quite possibly illegally) stopped refunds.  I don't know,  but indications are, they've stopped shipping again; the theory someone had that they had a small number of chips, used most in Jallies, and a few in some tickler Big Boxes looks pretty plausible right now.\

My only point is this guy seemed to indicate that he represented to the PayPal agent that BFL had shipped nothing.  And that's not true.  And if and when PayPal calls BFL, and BFL can demonstrate that's not true, that does nothing to help the refund cause.

Solitude is a bit strident. I wouldn't pay too much attention. He is an equal opportunity hater.  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Loredo

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:06:52 PM

Solitude is a bit strident.
Don't know if you intended it or not, but this gets the Oxymoron of Day Award.

NOTE: NO!  I am not calling k9quaint a moron!  If unsure, look up the word.  Thank you.
Loredo

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:12:19 PM

Okay, let's review the day. 

There's apparently some internecine conflict going on in Shenzen involving Avalon.  It's not clear yet what that's about, except there looks to be somewhere between 300K and 2 million chips sitting around, depending on calculations and assumptions.

Bitfury is selling imminently in EU and USA, at around 50 bucks a GH for delivery next month.  Good luck to all.

BFL is, well, who knows. 

I'm checking out for a couple days.  The lunatics have taken over the asylum, far as I can tell.

See ya.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:18:54 PM

Solitude is a bit strident.
Don't know if you intended it or not, but this gets the Oxymoron of Day Award.

NOTE: NO!  I am not calling k9quaint a moron!  If unsure, look up the word.  Thank you.

One could be alone (solitude) in a harmonica factory running at full tilt (strident). So technically, not a contradiction in terms (oxymoron).  Cheesy

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:21:45 AM

solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:57:01 AM

One single a day goes out their door

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:46:52 AM

One single a day goes out their door

They have actually done more than that, it's a bit deceptive, although Jody's status report says that they are still shipping single orders from June 23rd. 2012, there were hundreds of the things ordered that day, and they have almost shipped them all, they reckon a day or two to finish the 23rd. off.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/227-wednesday-july-10-2013-shipping-update.html
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:27:20 AM

Then comes the 24th, 25th, 26th, etc....

All the way up to the 1st and then it starts all over again. (times 12x)

Yeesh, these BFL customers have  the patience of Buddah!

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:29:08 AM

dates aside, how many of the products have they shipped as a percentage vs what they've sold?  They never stopped taking orders once they started did they?  Have they shipped more than 5% of their orders?
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:43:28 AM

dates aside, how many of the products have they shipped as a percentage vs what they've sold?  They never stopped taking orders once they started did they?  Have they shipped more than 5% of their orders?

~ 10-15% of Jal

~0-0.5% of SC

~0-0.5% of Little SC

~ 1% of MiniRigs

So of total orders they would be above 5% but by not much

OBJECT NOT FOUND
trichome

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:27:59 PM

got my money back through paypal refund.  Cheesy
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:36:46 PM

For those of you with significant preorders "investments" with BFL, I'd suggest you'd seek refunds soon through whichever avenue you choose.  You want to be at the front of the refund line and not at the end.  Soon the company will be looted and then protected by bankruptcy laws.  It will then be unlikely you will see your funds nor any miner.
This.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:09:55 PM

solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:35:06 PM

If you still haven't charged back your credit card / paypal / contacted the FTC, what's your reason?

It's clear these guys aren't shipping Singles and are full of shit

They can't even finish their day 1 order, lol

solitude (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:53:10 PM

Three letters:  R O I

and three more:  L O L

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: