Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your biggest and heartbreaking losses in Altcoins?  (Read 451 times)
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:01:26 PM

Hi i am speculating if anyone here has his own experience of having a big loss? I have talked earlier to my good friends and crypto and they had so many experiences of their greatest losses in their crypto life and it is truly horrible for me. I would love to hear any experiences so I can learn from yours. Thanks.

As of now my biggest lost was not buying BTC with most of my money. Well it was my fault for trusting in shitcoins and never  gained profit  out of it. Recently I was hacked due to phishing emails that I have mistakenly clicked on my email. So all my eth was gone and now I am starting to stock again and slowly but surely secured. Well for the coins that I have bought I did not sell them yet as I am waiting to have my capital back, I am not aiming to gain profit anymore. Learned my lessons and moving to another type of investment (mining).
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:13:03 PM

Hi i am speculating if anyone here has his own experience of having a big loss? I have talked earlier to my good friends and crypto and they had so many experiences of their greatest losses in their crypto life and it is truly horrible for me. I would love to hear any experiences so I can learn from yours. Thanks.
My biggest lost is when i invested in airtoken. Everything looks good, the team is good, white paper is  good and it's not a whitepaper project but everything went downhill when they change the term mid ico. A lot of people are angry with that (me included) and to make thing worse they offer a refund only for 3 hour that's about 2 am in my timezone. So when i woke up the refund window already close and there's only a lot of angry people. Lost about 40% from that.

Wow, that is really terrible. I know many ICOs seem to be changing their terms midway or even only at the end of the ICOs, but the refund closing in only 3 hours is completely a scam. I hope those guys were at least named and blackisted forever in crypto world. Refunds should be 100%, not a single satoshi less (hey you paid fees to send to them too, right).

My own biggest I am too ashamed to admit but I do not mind sharing my Elastic experience. I bought several times beween 20k to 23k a few months back. You can see for yourself what has happened. It has become one of my holdbags.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:40:30 PM

Investing in SIA and Digibyte at the wrong time and not selling when it was at its peak, instead I kept holding them thinking that they would recover but they never did and probably never will. If I just had kept that money in bitcoin instead I would have 10x already...

I'm still waiting for that pump to get rid off them.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:42:18 PM

Biggest loss on the cryptomarket in my case was when I got completely caught up in FOMO and bought QRL exactly at the peak (77k sats) last june. Prices immediately began to plummet after that and I sold the QRL weeks later at around 15k sats. Not exactly heartbreaking as the amounts involved weren't that huge but it kinda punched me in the balls anyway. This dumb move was one of the reasons I temporary stepped away entirely from the cryptomarket in last August.
lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:43:06 PM

i get 10000 blue when airdrop. but I was too hasty to sell it, and if I sell today, I get 3 eth
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:44:56 PM

The biggest losses I have had with 3 cryptocurrencies:
- Voise, bought 340 Satoshi, now the price is 74. The result: -71% in bitcoin, -31% in dollars
- Kin, the token did not give a chance even at the start. Participation in ICO was as follows: - 61% on the etherium and -40% on the dollar
- Stox, for inexperience I did not sell the token on time and as a result I have: -80% on the etherium and 57% on the dollar.

Tinna25

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:46:59 PM

I waste a lot of bitcoin when the price is still around $ 850, and today it costs more than $ 10000, but now I have to maintain bitcoin because bitcoin value from year to year will rise. hopefully Cheesy
therealj

Activity: 92

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:47:08 PM

Buying 5 ETH in August when I knew nothing of crypto other than BTC and investing it in the UKG ICO because I saw Mark Cuban's name attached to it.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:51:32 PM

Sold Factom way too early, and had some Eth at $10 area but sold it. Overall though I'm happy with how things have gone, it's too easy to think of the mistakes, think of the things you did right!

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:59:49 AM

I still cannot forgive myself that I sold DASH when it started to fall in January 2017. Now when I see that this crypto is climbing up very fast, and even has all intentions to reach a thousand I regret that I lost these alts I had that time.
acetouryahey

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:20:48 PM

Mine its not altcoins but in BTC ...by means of gambling even i have big profit still i didnt stop. and then loses...i forget about that...thats the life of gambling.
zidanaltaer

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

idap.io

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:55:52 PM

5 months ago (in July) I sold 2.4 btc for $ 3,600 and now it costs $ 11,000. too sad to remember it Sad what I'm afraid of is, will the coming years continue like this

Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:34:05 PM

My biggest heartbreak in crypto is when I didn't trade a coin/token and it became irrelevant so it lost its market price and I didn't know what to do to it so it is pretty much useless now.
gjtnwls1

Activity: 378

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:42:27 PM

I sold a lot of ethers when they were only a few bucks. It's so hard to get them back now.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:02:51 PM

The moment that I remember. I have not lost much money or time. I was surprised by the strategy of the scamer. It was some kind of no name project. I registered in ICO, sent 0.00001 bitcoin to the developer. In response, they sent me tokens. They began to grow rapidly. A week later X20 was made. And then the owner of the project put all his coins for sale in one lot. In a telegram, he explained this with some kind of stupid idea that he wants to lower the cost and then the cost will rise. It was such a nonsense. The price fell to zero. Whale sold half. And that's all. Four months have passed, the coin is worth zero.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:27:57 PM

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned mobilego, that has to be one of the worst performing ico's ever - based on it being a real project rather than a scam / sh**coin. They received one of the biggest investments for a startup in history, and the coin is still well below the ico price Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: