Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5173 times)
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:11:01 PM

I think your numbers are a little high. I do see a normal good projects is about 30%

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

Look so many people are going to agree with you, Yes some ICOs dont even deserve to be on blockchain but 95% is really a big number you need to slow down. I am sure there lot of successful Icos out there some even are done and people invested and profited Also there are lots of scams out there you just have to know where and how to invest

Honglee

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:26:45 PM

Everything can happen in crypto world!!!!!!!!!!!!

even shit coin survived, lol

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:44:44 PM

95% of statistics are made up on the spot.  As crypto becomes bigger it only makes sense that the money flowing into it get diversified into many different areas.  If anything that would cause more projects to survive, not less.
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:58:55 PM

Scam coins will certainly disappear. For example there's a Terraminer project. The project looks scammy. Besides, those guys are going to hold one more ICO. It's a clear sign they are gonna collect money and disappear along with their coins.  Grin

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
coldmedalgostarican

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:00:05 PM

The 95% is somewhat around my own prediction but not in 2018! That is waaaay too early for so many to die off and there will be a constant stream of replacements.

I do think most coins which is not a blockchain will die off during the next 2-3 years when they have burned through most of the ICO funds they collected. I see this tendency already that most projects are run by developers and not business men. They do not care about cashburn etc. They only care about the product which is fine but it needs to make money too!
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:11:42 PM

I would say most ECR 20 tokens will disappear or go down to nothing in 2018. Some good projects like OMG ,RPX and Cindicator might survive.

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:12:19 PM

The Blockchain ecosystem suffers explosive growth. According to data from Coinmarketcap just for 11 months in 2017 cryptocurrencies market capitalization grew by 1200%. Investors and hedge funds are fixing unbelievable profits, which they can get from crypto assets, and trying to divert their assets into this niche. Investors are waiting for startups, which will repeat the success of projects like Ethereum (+272397% since ICO) or IOTA (+922448% since ICO).

However, the majority of projects will fail — some startups are created just to gather funds and disappear, some would not handle the competition, but most are just ideas that look good on paper, but in reality, are useless for the market.
Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum said:

“There are some good ideas, there are a lot of very bad ideas, and there are a lot of very, very bad ideas, and quite a few scams as well”

As a result, over 95% of successful ICOs and cryptocurrency projects will fail and their investors will lose money. The other 5% of projects will become the new Apple, Google or Alibaba in the cryptoindustry. As these 5% will be the new center of influence, their token demand will create tremendous growth in their valuation brining hundreds of thousands percent of returns on investments made on early stages.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/cryptocurrencies-that-will-not-survive-in-2018/

Yeah, there are a lot of coins that are going to die. There are few big and great project that will survive and there will come more great and big stuff with an amazing real life usecase.  Cool
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:21:47 PM

The sight of the percentage growth of ethereum and iota after Ico is interesting, with all sincerity few projects can do that. More so they came in at a good time. those product can be made better with a new team, the unprecedented idea made a lot of provision for coming needs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
TeaPanda

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Twitter: @AndreTeaPanda

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:32:14 PM

If by 95% of cryptocurrencies failing by 2018 you mean to lose mkt cap in 2018, I highly doubt unless the bubble finally pops, if you mean a cryptocurrency sticking to their roadmap that % doesn't seem too far off
OLDARH

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

-YAHOO_EU-

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:38:58 PM

Judging by the number of projects that have not taken off, the figure of 95% seems even a little understated. I would say that only 2-3% are successful and China has banned these fraudulent schemes that steal money from credulous investors.
China8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:48:33 PM

I do not agree with the OP and title. They will still be around mostly. Sure some will fail, bad things will happen. But for 95% to die no way. Surely at least 20% of the current ones available have a bright future, until they get replaced by something new
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 08:56:14 PM

Why exactly is it 95%? Why not 94 or 96%?
Well, that's because that 95% is a totally made up number.
It's set high to give the impression that basically all except a few projects are going to die and the few that remain are going to make people stinkin rich.

This is all subjective speculation in disguise of economic data so don't let it fool you.
The basis of blockchain technology is that it is alive as long as there are people using it, mining it, or buying/selling it.
With this in mind, I highly doubt that 95% of cryptocurrencies will not survive.

Just look at good ol dogecoin.
It's still alive and kicking because there is a community around it.

As far as gaining profit from crypto's than I would tend to believe that the majority of projects will not give you insane returns like eth or iota (using the examples you used).
But one thing you need to realize is that a lot of people think those type of huge gains are normal; they are absolutely not normal.
How many cryptocurrencies are there? And out of all of them how many had tens of thousands of percent returns?
Yeah, not so much.

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:01:16 PM

In my opinion, this is just a fake news. Although most ICOs are scams, we dont have anything can prove 95% crypto will be disappeared. Dont worry

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:35:39 PM

It is not possible for 95% of all Cryptocurrencies to just die like that, I believe we will see most of them fade out in 3 to 5 years, first I believe the burn rate of most of these projects is to high and since they have not start generating profit it is going to be difficult to continue the project, those that are wise among them will likely get absorb into a bigger or similar project
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:47:49 PM

I think you need to have a better definition of failure.  Crypto is unlike any other financial instrument or business.  Not as big as Ethereum does not equate to failure.

True but not reaching your goals for ICO=failure. Not coming through on promises=failure. And scamming surely is a failure for the investor. There are soo many traps in crypto now I realize that if you are a noob and you are not careful you could be done within a month and be turned off for good. It sucks how easily you can get money in todays crypto a few years ago you were lucky to get a few hundred thousand dollars. The hype is real and people are buying into the hype.

dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

I totally agree with this! ICOs are popping up so often and so frequently now that almost all of them will die out and fade away.

rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:34:49 PM

I agree that with normal reasoning, a significant number of business behind existing ICO coins will suffer in 2018. One because new project will keep coming  and thus adding competitive pressure to existing ones, even to those with good ideas. And after a year, for those that are not keeping up with the promised road map, or never deliver anything (scams) should see their value significantly reduced.

However we are not talking about stock market here, where there are regulations for reporting and auditing and protection of investors. The current crypto market is a Wide Wide West. ICO startup can just keep making hype without being audited and even if they do fail, they are not forced to be de-listed and might be seen as good pump and dump target as the market cap contracts.

The current market is more a speculation and confidence game as people are rushing for returns no matter what the model is. Just look at the success of bitconnect, a ponzi scheme that lasts this long is unbelievable. Should this coin fail, yes, absolutely. But it didn't as it has made a lot money for many people. Nothing is impossible at this stage just like the wide wide west. But we need to move on to the next stage eventually for long term growth. Some regulation for ICO and Institutional investment may help to change the situation for the better in 2018.

If we see a large number of coin failure in 2018, it might be a short term pain but a long term gain.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:51:07 PM

The Blockchain ecosystem suffers explosive growth. According to data from Coinmarketcap just for 11 months in 2017 cryptocurrencies market capitalization grew by 1200%. Investors and hedge funds are fixing unbelievable profits, which they can get from crypto assets, and trying to divert their assets into this niche. Investors are waiting for startups, which will repeat the success of projects like Ethereum (+272397% since ICO) or IOTA (+922448% since ICO).

However, the majority of projects will fail — some startups are created just to gather funds and disappear, some would not handle the competition, but most are just ideas that look good on paper, but in reality, are useless for the market.
Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum said:

“There are some good ideas, there are a lot of very bad ideas, and there are a lot of very, very bad ideas, and quite a few scams as well”

As a result, over 95% of successful ICOs and cryptocurrency projects will fail and their investors will lose money. The other 5% of projects will become the new Apple, Google or Alibaba in the cryptoindustry. As these 5% will be the new center of influence, their token demand will create tremendous growth in their valuation brining hundreds of thousands percent of returns on investments made on early stages.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/cryptocurrencies-that-will-not-survive-in-2018/

Yeah, there are a lot of coins that are going to die. There are few big and great project that will survive and there will come more great and big stuff with an amazing real life usecase.  Cool
I share my thought about that, Majority of person are seeing until the next top 200 - 300 list on the coinmarketcap. The altcoin that alreayd placed above top 300 can be considered as another shit or die coin. And why? it's easy to determine the crap coin. Those people were only interested with coin that has majority of the suppot by the crypto users. it should be around top 1 - 300 in the coinmarketcap.
That's only 20 percent from the total coin that already listed on the coinmarketcap.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:07:18 PM

Could be possible only if you include all the cryptocurrencies created just to make a profit off an ICO and then split. Those are what is making up 95% of the current ICO market, so yeah that COULD be possible. After this big ICO fad is over and there is some transparency or regulation occurring, there will be less scamcoins and more legit ICOs. 2018 may be a year where people see btc hit 50k and the next closest coin is only 1/20th. Who knows!?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: