Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5172 times)
cryptonomics_dealer

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:12:22 PM

It think the ICO period is just beginning. The highest peak will be in autumn 2018, i think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:16:05 PM

Its just beginning especially since big companies saw that there is money to be made in the crypto world and now they are starting to test it. More altcoins will come in 2018
cryptozobo

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:33:55 PM

Bitcoin took a while for it's price to rise, you need to give some of these companies the time of day too.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:40:07 PM

It actually depends though on how these companies manage their crypto and how they plan to make use of it. The functionalities of coins are different so the other useful ones may survive even though they are not as popular as the big ones. There are still some that are innovative which will I believe will survive.
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:46:04 PM

Cryptocurrency network is far beyond what we think or the corporates do, already several times corporates might have tried to take control of the digital currency network. Being a different platform might have not made them intrude easily. With this in mind cryptocurrency usage might get low and never go out of usage.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:55:19 PM

I will say 90% of tokens will go to zero pumped dumped by devs and his frends,finally devs will stay with
all tokens,tokens are mirror of hype alts from past

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:47:16 PM

Of course, many of the new coins created as a result of the ICO in the next 2018 will be forgotten as useless for the market due to the lack of demand on them. However, to say that 95 percent of such coins would be useless would not be. I think the percentage of good and promising coins and projects for which they are created is much larger. Just for the promotion of some projects need a fairly long time. And in general, of course, it is necessary to recognize that most of such projects are substandard, or made solely for the collection of funds during the ICO.

coldmedalgostarican

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:35:34 PM

Alot of these projects raised millions upon millions! They will be able to drag out their existence for years thought it will be like zombie projects.. they are not really alive but not dead either.
mathematical-project

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:49:58 PM

Alot of these projects raised millions upon millions! They will be able to drag out their existence for years thought it will be like zombie projects.. they are not really alive but not dead either.

These projects made rich only those who created these projects. Earn money simple users do not have time. They stay with bought useless coins

alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:23:26 PM

I think the same.
Many coins will die, many new projects will come to replace.
But this is normal, as in other industries.
Invest wisely.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:01:24 PM

I will disagree that 95% of ICO's will fail within a year that is hard to believe. Firstly all most successful projects will be still there in a year time, no doubt about that, they have good white paper and roadmap that in many cases exceeds 12 months timeline, don't forget they have millions in funds in order to complete their goals and I can't see why they will disappear within a year? Why not in a first month or first week? Why not take all ICO money and never show again? I agree that some ICO's that are less popular without strong community and support, without good media and marketing can slowly fade out and die like weak - pump&dump coins. 
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:10:08 PM

I think you need to have a better definition of failure.  Crypto is unlike any other financial instrument or business.  Not as big as Ethereum does not equate to failure.
Agree, blockchain technology is going viral in top universities among professors and students. More and more blockchain projects will be able to make profit and stay in the game.

Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:19:17 PM

I think you are right. I also think that over 90% of the coins that have passed the ICO will die\lose relevance.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:31:40 PM

I will disagree that 95% of ICO's will fail within a year that is hard to believe. Firstly all most successful projects will be still there in a year time, no doubt about that, they have good white paper and roadmap that in many cases exceeds 12 months timeline, don't forget they have millions in funds in order to complete their goals and I can't see why they will disappear within a year? Why not in a first month or first week? Why not take all ICO money and never show again? I agree that some ICO's that are less popular without strong community and support, without good media and marketing can slowly fade out and die like weak - pump&dump coins. 

If you disagree now soon same day in next year you will find all the altcoins will be goes to bin. I will think that we may find the more ICos in upcoming years as well but all the coins will not be successful like same as this year.
ICO projects does not need the popularity they actually needs good project and legitity in their white paper. If that is on their project they will be wins the expected the amount of eth or bitcoins level.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:34:03 PM

I think you are right. I also think that over 90% of the coins that have passed the ICO will die\lose relevance.

The world has already 1,300+ Crypto-Currencies today and there's more coming next year so Alcoins value that still laying low on the ground was affected this due.
They are a lot of ICOs that has the same project description and developers have multiple ICOs instead of focusing only their own ICO and that's few of the reasons why ICOs and Crypto-Currencies are struggling to increase their volume share and values.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:40:36 PM

May I be frank with you, guys? I guess that shitty projects will become the cause of the first big crisis on cryptocurrency sphere. They could lead to the total loss of confidence about crypto and moreover this could easily become begining of the end...
hlarisimus2014

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:46:39 PM

In 2018 nothing will change in the market of crypto-currencies. Projects will quickly emerge and die quickly. Now it is not controlled by anyone and therefore there is chaos here. It should take several years for several coins to become leaders

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:57:48 PM

It's reasonable since altcoin consider as gambling that's why Chinese decide to ban ICO in order to protect their people.
But when many new ICO being launch recently, it may fit or able compete bitcoin technology in the future for example Microsoft interest to use ETH
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:37:49 PM

I will say 90% of tokens will go to zero pumped dumped by devs and his frends,finally devs will stay with
Absolutely. Dozens and dozens of those coins. Now I can still see some of them in the first 50. Really did not expect such from mona coin and digibyte. There can be some minor gems in token world but 99% is such a crap Cheesy
energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:40:58 PM

Absolutely. Dozens and dozens of those coins. Now I can still see some of them in the first 50. Really did not expect such from mona coin and digibyte. There can be some minor gems in token world but 99% is such a crap Cheesy

It looks right, most of the altcoins will be dead in next years. This is normal, they're not even performing well this year. It wouldn't surprise me honestly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: