Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5173 times)
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:34:48 PM

If you talk about the so-called shitcoins that are somewhere in the tail and take their places #1000+, they might not survive sure. The whales such as ETH, DASH, Monero, Ripple will swallow them.
granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:40:30 PM

I think ''95% of Cryptocurrencies'' is too much, but maybe more less will not survive in 2018. Unfortunately, there are many useless coins.
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:42:45 PM

This certainly not true. How can you know this. Anyway this is big statement to make and not supported with any evidence. Even though I do agree that some altcoins are just copies of other tokens and is going to be hard for them to survive, there are good ones out there that actually serve a purpose. So they are going to exist until something better comes and replaces them.
baikallivestar

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:04:05 PM

I really do not want to believe in it, although such a result is quite possible. The main thing is, before the crash is over, you have time to earn a house in Miami Grin

cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:16:55 PM

I am quite curious where you got the number 95%, I do agree that we will start to see a lot of projects fail, but not 95%.
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:26:35 PM

I'm just wondering... do we count tokens as well into this "95%"? Many people do not distinguish between coins and tokens as it is all the same for them.

However, if token is taken into account, then I do totally agree. We have a shitload of useless tokens and that number will rise even more with new ICO. In the end however, the number as high as 99% of tokens will die with their ICOs and that might happen during 2018.

When it comes to coins, situation is slightly more complex. Lifespan of coin is in my opinion somewhat longer than for token. Consequently, I do not think so many coins will vanish during 2018. Nevrtheless, I also believe that in the future only handful of coins will remain. It is plain simple logic, that we just do not need so many coins. Most of them are not even adding any value. Coin need a purpose to remain valid! If you check the archive data of Coin Market Cap you shall see many coins which already disappeared.

In 10 years I think we shall end up with 5 - 10 major blockchains/coins, each with a specific function in mind. But it is 5-10 years time, not 2018 alone.
Noxmfs

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:31:39 PM

A coin dies only if it's a PURE scam. Even left out projects with no development team behind them anymore still keep a good price, considering the fact that they are no longer supported by anybody. Therefore this statement is completely false and unless you are the Third-Eyed raven, there is nothing to make me believe in that.
linkdead13

Activity: 330

0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:58:33 PM

I don't see that happening at all. As long as people have suitable Ideas and people to back them crypto will survive
radeone

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:04:24 PM

No doubt that a lot of projects will fail. I watched to total crypto asset market jump from 850 assets to 1200 in a few months. Only time will tell who lives and who dies.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:05:41 PM

Many may die but more will be born (SADLY).  Many start with NOTHING...and somehow they still get "investors" throw money at them.  Roll Eyes

The number of coins keep increasing...main reason I am all for ICO regulation, hopefully limit the coins entering to viable ones.
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:26:51 PM

You may be right but there we will thousands of more tokens who will replace them anyways.

Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:36:00 PM

Where exactly did they come up of that 95%? Granting that it is accurate, I'm assuming that the other 5% they are referring to are the ones included on the top 30 or maybe 20--that might be realistic considering the fact that most icos die as soon as they hit the exchanges.
I'm just wondering... do we count tokens as well into this "95%"? Many people do not distinguish between coins and tokens as it is all the same for them.
Well, the topic didn't specifically say coins or tokens and used "cryptocurrencies" instead, and tokens are considered one so yeah they are included.
iloveturtles

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:12:42 PM

There are a lot of bad ideas and altcoins that have no use, but that happens in any ecosystem.

I think 95% is a little high though and I wouldn't throw that number out without any data or backing.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:17:37 PM

The statement that 95% will not survive after another 1 year will surely not survive. Most of the alts which were among top 100 back in 2015 do not even exist today.

dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 05:20:40 PM

I'm thinking the same thing that's why when I am going to invest in Altcoins, I would rather choose top Altcoins because they have already stable and the prices are increasing amazingly.
If most of ICOs won't survive then still we got a big chance to keep our eyes on the tokens we invested.

partysumo

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:24:35 PM

I think it is not important to argue if the percentage is 95 or less. The most important subject should be, which ones will survive and how it will effect BTC and ETH. Another topic could be, if the cryptocurrencies start to fail, does this mean that more projects will start to use BTC.

apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:25:56 PM

The problem is there are too many alts nowadays and its really confusing which is a good alt to invest in.Some ICO's are not succeeding on their coin so just burning out some of their tokens.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:31:01 PM

I think it is not important to argue if the percentage is 95 or less. The most important subject should be, which ones will survive and how it will effect BTC and ETH. Another topic could be, if the cryptocurrencies start to fail, does this mean that more projects will start to use BTC.
I believe that if many of the alts "fail" to make it through, BTC and ETH will just feed on the advantage created and will continue climbing. And for cryptocurrencies failing generally I don't think that's possible to happen for at least the next several years unless something bigger and mightier gets involved and tries to silence crypto (governments).
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:36:14 PM

LOLZ!

Come on bro look at the market currently and imagine the status of the same market after few months later. It looks juts perfect and there will 95% more ICO will be coming as compared to todays situation no matter what they are good or bad, legit or scam etc! This is the very nature of the whole crypto currencies creator, the ICO creator actually. They will keep coming all the time and people will never stop investing into them because they will want huge money in terms of profit.

So I think that crypto projects not only will survive but will coming at the alarming rates really.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
vassel

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:42:58 PM

Altough i think that most of them will not be able to survive 2018 or even first half, i mostly think that new technologies will appear like Tangle or any other thing and day by day more people will invest their savings to digital currencies
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: