Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:21:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5173 times)
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:12:29 PM

That is certainly a very interesting analysis, and in reality you do not need to have the intelligence of Vitalik to realize that in the midst of this great explosion in the current market of ICOs, there is a great redundancy in many of them, while others offer absurdly irrelevant things for which there seems to be no real need.

Therefore, perhaps in a short time we will see the emergence of true professionals in the "curatorship of ICOs" who will offer their services at high costs to "guarantee" the choice of the best ICOS, because everyone wants to take advantage of this business.
francis2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:39:05 PM

The Blockchain ecosystem suffers explosive growth. According to data from Coinmarketcap just for 11 months in 2017 cryptocurrencies market capitalization grew by 1200%. Investors and hedge funds are fixing unbelievable profits, which they can get from crypto assets, and trying to divert their assets into this niche. Investors are waiting for startups, which will repeat the success of projects like Ethereum (+272397% since ICO) or IOTA (+922448% since ICO).

However, the majority of projects will fail — some startups are created just to gather funds and disappear, some would not handle the competition, but most are just ideas that look good on paper, but in reality, are useless for the market.
Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum said:

“There are some good ideas, there are a lot of very bad ideas, and there are a lot of very, very bad ideas, and quite a few scams as well”

As a result, over 95% of successful ICOs and cryptocurrency projects will fail and their investors will lose money. The other 5% of projects will become the new Apple, Google or Alibaba in the cryptoindustry. As these 5% will be the new center of influence, their token demand will create tremendous growth in their valuation brining hundreds of thousands percent of returns on investments made on early stages.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/cryptocurrencies-that-will-not-survive-in-2018/

I see your point but the percentage seems to high, yes there are going to be giants of the industry but there are also going to be smaller coins doing the same thing as the biggest coins, and are going to become somewhat successful.
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:06:14 AM

the end of this year the newly emerging altcoin has a bad value. especially it is influenced by high BTC prices. However anything can happen in the scope of cryptocurrency. I hope the info you provide does not fully happen.
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:11:12 AM

I do not think so, the crypto world grows up quickly in 2017 and we can see most altcoins are solid. Also, the market performance is much better than before, so I think the time of crypto is coming.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:51:43 AM

About 4 years ago I've mined about 80 new altcoins shortly after they were announced here.

I've gone through the wallets and the statistics of survivability are:
- Only one of them took up nicely (DASH) and is now valuable.
- About 8% of them sort of survived and gained some small value (not much though ...)
- about 40% of them are alive, but their value is dwindling. Probably they will die off sooner or later
- The rest (about 50%) are now dead.

Note that then and now is a bit different (there were no Scrypt ASICs, less miners in general, more traditional PoW coins and less premine/PoS/ICOs), so as the market is a bit saturated, I guess survivability of a coin born today would be probably worse than 4 years ago, unless the coin would now come with some killer feature or some form of mass advertising itself.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:57:40 AM

I am thinking with all these new ICO's coming up every day lol
there will be few that will SkyRocket !

I try to stay optimistic  Grin
werejago

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:15:28 AM

A bit over exaggerated but just gotta know when to get out! Don't get too greedy and don't be to quick to sell
TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:26:12 AM

I think 5% is still would be a large number considering how many ICO's are coming every day !

but wow 95% might be a bit too high. Failure rate would be high but I think less than 95 %

wish someone had stats from ICO's that started in the beginning of 2017 or end of 2016.

I would like to hear input form someone who has been participating in ICo's for a year or 2
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:36:07 AM

This will likely happen, just look back at the previous years top altcoins they are irrelevant now.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
tmawheba

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:41:14 AM

95% of Cryptocurrencies will not survive in 2018 is not a small thing which you are defined in your post it look like a theory for crypto market. Apart from theory we should be practically approach also I agreed there is lot of on paper cryptocoin and ICO. Because of that we cannot say 95% of cryptocurrencies will out my assumsion is may be from 10% to 25% is possible.

strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:24:40 PM

surely many are disappointed if 95% crypto can not survive in 2018 because surely many who have held it even for a long time
A year or so will cause most coins to die out. There should be more coins that will take their spot. This is how Cryptocurrency works.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:44:49 PM

I do not think that their will be 95% of crypto shutting down in 2018. People look at btc and think the market is in an advanced stage. I do not feel that to be true. There will be more cases like confido. I am still very bullish on all projects with real use cases and there is plenty of those projects. For the pure currency coins there might be an oversupply at some stage.
VestRidCr

Activity: 392

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:52:41 PM

About 4 years ago I've mined about 80 new altcoins shortly after they were announced here.

I've gone through the wallets and the statistics of survivability are:
- Only one of them took up nicely (DASH) and is now valuable.
- About 8% of them sort of survived and gained some small value (not much though ...)
- about 40% of them are alive, but their value is dwindling. Probably they will die off sooner or later
- The rest (about 50%) are now dead.

Note that then and now is a bit different (there were no Scrypt ASICs, less miners in general, more traditional PoW coins and less premine/PoS/ICOs), so as the market is a bit saturated, I guess survivability of a coin born today would be probably worse than 4 years ago, unless the coin would now come with some killer feature or some form of mass advertising itself.
Very interesting statistics Cool I think this ratio will be in the future. Everything depends on the developers of the cryptocurrency. If they have serious intentions, then their cryptocurrency will develop.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:39:43 AM

Over the past few years, about $ 3 billion has been invested in the ICO. This indicates their large number, which in this case was at the expense of the quality of the announced projects. Many sought not to develop good ideas, but simply to earn a decent multi-million dollar amount of money or were generally openly fraudulent. As a result, the created tokens are mostly useless and immediately depreciate when they enter the stock exchanges. This state of affairs can save only the regulation of ICO by various state and non-state bodies.

panghae

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:41:26 AM

Seems like your prediction is wrong alts are recovering from months of being dumps,but it is really possible that the alts wont have any value if the BTC keeps pumping for the next months.

Sand King

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:49:51 AM

surely many are disappointed if 95% crypto can not survive in 2018 because surely many who have held it even for a long time
I dont really agree, that the 95% of cryptocurrenciess will not survive in 2018 that is really imppssible to happen, eventhough there are many cryptocurrencies that has no a bright future, there are still many crptocurrencies that has a bright future, and maybe 30% will not survive and the rest 70% of cryptocurrencies will survive.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:53:56 AM

Did any of you know that Ethereum is controlled by Goldman Sachs, or was initially when it was being launched? Do some heavy research, sure Ethereum is legit, but the scheme behind it is not, Vitalik the greatest scam artist to ever speak on BTT, because he has everyone's trust for something "great."

Ethereum itself (as a piece of tech) is not bad or a scam, But the powers behind the coin have created a mass illusion for all you sheep.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:05:39 AM

In my opinion just some cryptocurrency will loss the value and not survive , not 95% but i think only 5% because the volume of marketcap incerasing many time and i believe next year 2018 the volume and the market cap bigger than this year because more people from around the world will jump in to cryptocurrency industry.

scoobidoobydu

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:13:16 AM

This is a scary fortell. I have different view point.
I think that we are just in the very first step with the cryptos and there is long way behind to bring the crypto into actual applying in life.
For examples, just only not remarkable number of stores accept BTC and it is only in some developed country. and that is just for BTC - the first cryptos.
From what I see, there is a very long way: to the alternatives be accepted....and those altcoins are accepted in remote areas...that is really long way. Imagine, when you go to Asia to travel and can buy a cup of coffee there with an alt.
So, 2018 should be a good year for cryptos

_____ DSTRA ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA _____
⚫● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRIVACY ▬▬  FAST  ▬▬ LOW FEES   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●⚫
●⚫ ▬▬ Twitter | Facebook | ANN | Discord | Website ▬▬ ⚫●
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:13:54 AM

I disagree with you. The figure is too high, I will give it 50%.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: