Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5173 times)
Deltaforcing

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:17:46 AM

Since the market cap is now over 500 billion, does this mean all the money will move towards the 5% of coins that will survive  Shocked
bitcoindoor

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:24:17 AM

Hard to say where we are going to be % wise. We will continue to see creativity and people's needs combining for the birth of many more cryptocurrencies. Can't wait for next year....
aannnttoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:34:16 AM

Maybe yes maybe no, let's see.
major coin still survive but shitcoin will gone. As long as people have suitable Ideas and people to back them crypto will survive
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:35:25 AM

It's more like saying Bitcoin will be worthless at any point of time in the future. Yeah, it's true that more and more ICOs are popping up almost everyday. Some of it are legit, some are scam, others are just fit to what we called start-up which is only good from the start, and others also remains through times so with that being said, i think only half of those will not survived in my humblest opinion. Smiley

bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:45:43 AM

Another stats 99% of the VC funded startups fail Smiley Bless the lord that now anyone has a chance on gaining on the 1% which otherwise always was reserved for the VCs or HNIs.

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:52:14 AM

Crypto market won't die, but it grows more than 200% scams. All here what I see is scammers who leading ICO's and most of them here bought or hacked legendary accounts for running ICO.
I also see the ICO's say Ecogreen, solar energy, but why don't these guys invest their own real money instead of collecting money.

These scammers learn't a lot in 2017 and they reuse more power to scam people again in 2018.

Without scammers it's hard to run a legit company.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:08:17 AM

The percentage which you had mentioned is not logically acceptable by anyone. Yes there will be chances of minimum 10% to maximum 25% is possible of cryptocurrencies will not survive in 2018 due to the bogus ICO which created for fund raising only will be vanished. But also we have to keep in mind that for genuine Cryptocurrency will be more stronger then ever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
budimanman

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 04:08:41 AM

i disagree

but i like the pics  Cool

ICO Scam
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:54:19 AM

What I see is the market is now getting saturated. Back in 2013 you could get off with a rebranded LTC/DOGE clone (from coingen or similar service, although it is not very hard to create the clone manually) with little or no innovation and with a bit of luck and not much effort get it to an exchange and make some money.

Good promotion/branding was helping more than technical quality here.

Some coins have brought minor improvements (better difficulty retargeting, coin rewarding or PoW algorithm, marginal improvements to the wallet UI), major improvements or ideas were relatively rare (PoS, anonymous coin transfer, ...)

I am not sure how profitable would it be to release a new "copycat" coin today, I think some people will still hop in to mine some (what if this coin takes off? Risky, but possible profit may be large), but chance to make some reasonable profit here for the dev are IMHO quite small. ICOs are better from perspective of coin creator, as you collect some money first and then release the coin later, bur people are now aware that the ICO market is full of scams and are very cautious to invest into someone with no or bad reputation.

For innovative coin (if you are smart enough to invent a completely new feature/concept, then go for it, but I'd consider a coin that mixes features from several other coins as innovative - for example smart contracts from Ethereum with anonymous sending, master nodes and on-chain voting/funding from DASH, add in PoS, multiple PoW algos, proof-of-space/capacity from other coins ....) you could do a good start, but that is nothing you can create within a day, it will be more like months of work of small to medium team to get first version ready and then work on improvements and bugfixes once the coin is alive. Good testing is a must, as small technical error can kill the coin quite quickly and community is not very forgiving if you would do several successive hardforks to fix your glitches.

From purely technical point of view: Bitcoin is technically inferior to other coins, but it was first and has long tradition and wide acceptance.

My personal prediction is that there will be many active viable coins in the future (like we have many active FIAT currencies nowadays), but from smaller coins (lets say lower than 50th place on coinmarket cap) I think more than 90% of them will die off or stagnate (it could be profitable if you predict correctly the few of them that will survive and invest into them Smiley

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:23:45 AM

I agree majority will goes down as same to business

Only minority project will survive

But 95% seems huge perhaps 80% i guess?
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:09:54 AM

I think that the top 50 projects will be able to provide the whole world with their services. Yes, most projects die. But it's not going to happen so fast. Yet, even such giants as ethereum have problems which are now solved. After 5 years we will see how weak projects will die. On the Internet there is a video where Sasha Ivanov SEO WAVES talked about it too

High risk high payoff
Djabba

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:15:41 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 11:41:19 AM by Djabba

Now you can see that some coins lose popularity and people sell them and go out. And with each month more and more new coins appear and all of them will not be able to exist. I agree that most will leave the market but I do not think that it will be so much 95% - maybe half and disappear but not quickly
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 05:35:18 AM

Most crypto have no actual backing and you just investing in an idea when you buy their coins. Some crypto is more useful and can be used in various ways as well as to buy things like ltc doge eth waves ect

Most crypto is there because they dream to be used one day as currency though you right 95% will fail. This is because we only need a few currencies not hundreds so it makes sense only the best will survive.

Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:35:52 AM

Of course they won't make it through the 2018.
It's thousands of ICOs and coins that are releasing every week, even every day. Tons of ideas, most of them are the copies of each other with a small differences. It's natural filter if they're leaving market rapidly after the release. But a great ideas and platforms will definitely get stuck and survive.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:48:29 AM

Variety is the spice of life. Having many coins will keep developers on their feet because they know there is a lot of competitions out there.My favorite coin might not be yours for that more than 25% will be viable. Those that will die are the scam coins
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:56:43 PM

In my opinion everything is so except one.  Why did you decide that all this will happen in 2018? These processes will be longer. Maybe in 2018 currency and ICO projects will be much greater than in 2017.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Ch1bi

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:17:10 PM

It's so strange, I seen this a similar thread with saying x coin won't survive (insert year) I think maybe 70% of coins won't survive. A lot of coins fail and if ICO failures are any indicator, bad coins might follow suit.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:25:49 PM

I can't agree more. Even Bitcoin itself falls in the category of cryptocurrencies with no major use case. But whether 2018 will be the year where 95% cryptocurrencies will fail that I highly doubt.

Many medium to low cap currencies are failing everyday. Most ICOs are indeed meant for taking money from investors and running away. We have seen many such "successful" ICOs recently and that is way too common because of the absence of any regulation. Most of the cryptos will end in tears and the process is ongoing. But it isn't the year 2018. This will take place in long term. In coming 4-5 years, we might see that happening.
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:27:44 PM

Seems like it will happen soon when the BTC price goes to the moon and hit $50k the most of alts will be dead because they are all measured using satoshi.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:37:34 PM

Seems like it will happen soon when the BTC price goes to the moon and hit $50k the most of alts will be dead because they are all measured using satoshi.
Put your trading glasses on!
Do you see how all altcoins are increasing their value following bitcoins value? Litecoin, ripple, monero, dash, ethereum and many others are literary growing each day, when bitcoin reach $50K other altcoins will follow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: