Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:18:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% of Cryptocurrencies will Not Survive in 2018  (Read 5173 times)
francis2

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:43:21 PM

About 4 years ago I've mined about 80 new altcoins shortly after they were announced here.

I've gone through the wallets and the statistics of survivability are:
- Only one of them took up nicely (DASH) and is now valuable.
- About 8% of them sort of survived and gained some small value (not much though ...)
- about 40% of them are alive, but their value is dwindling. Probably they will die off sooner or later
- The rest (about 50%) are now dead.

Note that then and now is a bit different (there were no Scrypt ASICs, less miners in general, more traditional PoW coins and less premine/PoS/ICOs), so as the market is a bit saturated, I guess survivability of a coin born today would be probably worse than 4 years ago, unless the coin would now come with some killer feature or some form of mass advertising itself.
The truth is that most coins do not offer anything new and that is why those coins do not gain any value, people are very busy investing in the latest coin claiming to be the new bitcoin to realize most coins have no future and they are only going to lose their money.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:46:50 AM

I think that some altcoins will not last, but I don't think 95%. I would have facts and figures to back up statements like that.

No need to come out with shock news to scare people, because you are saying if there are 1,000 altcoins (which there are more) 950 are going to die in 2018. Don't be so silly.
mustafayigittt

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:52:07 AM

I think that is true but new project which has real good ideas are created by creators. Altcoins will survive all time but they will change their position between each other. some of them die some of them rise like IOTA.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:04:14 AM

I agree with your point that , but few projects still good like DASH last year price was nearby 1 to 10$ but this year price is nearby 1300$, Doge coin is the one which everyone loving still its worth 0.008$ with very large supply , Ripple reached 1.2$ , Stellar is one of most popular project...

50% coins run away as they want to scam by collecting funds only... may be its not true price will be higher
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:13:54 AM

98% is highly an exagerration.

60% maybe yes, but a lot of new projects will survive
grimoire5

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:44:28 PM

98% is highly an exagerration.

60% maybe yes, but a lot of new projects will survive
amazing prediction, 95% will fail in 2018
i've read extended of that rticle, promote another ICO
if they think their idea is in 5% from their own calculation, i think they are too much have selfconfidence
I'm on the same wave with you but I find it normal. Many projects doesn't have anything real behind them and they are collecting money because of the mass hype. However, 95% is too harsh number. I would say 75%-80% will not survive or at least their price will fall to similar levels.

if we talk about altcoin, that will be fine.. much new coin doesn't have more value than top 100 coin
but if we talk about token, it will different
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:56:06 AM

Nah,i dont think so.Alts will rally in the first quarter of 2018 maybe you have been mistaken 95% of the alts will pump as always.

Altcoin has a future and they will all survive in 2018 or maybe even grow now. All the altcoins are almost at all time low as Bitcoin is all time high, so it means that the alts will definalty rise again as the bitcoin settles itself.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:57:59 AM

Nah,i dont think so.Alts will rally in the first quarter of 2018 maybe you have been mistaken 95% of the alts will pump as always.

Altcoin has a future and they will all survive in 2018 or maybe even grow now. All the altcoins are almost at all time low as Bitcoin is all time high, so it means that the alts will definalty rise again as the bitcoin settles itself.

i would rather doubt bitcoins future actually

SearchingforS

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:05:13 AM

I'd reduce that number to 40-50%, but not 95%, that's waay to much!

mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:07:29 AM

I don't think the percentage will be 95% but yes there are few useless projects, that's why its advisable to read their whitepapers and understand if they are really going to survive in future. To understand project you have to understand block chain technology first.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 05:14:24 AM

95% are targeted to fail on purpose, so there is nothing wrong about it

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
francis2

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:54:41 AM

I believe that this will be correct, because now there are too many useless tokens which, after conducting the ICO, immediately lose their value. Thus, next year you will see many unnecessary coins in your wallet if you do not analyze their prospects.
And with the huge amount of forks which happened in this year is almost impossible to know how many of those coins you have and we have no idea we got them on the first place, so the next year is going to be very interesting regarding that.
Mzai620

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:21:48 AM

Coinmarketcap lists 1350 coins and tokens.  So 5% survive is 65.  Frankly I don't think there are that many genuine, viable long term projects, once you take account of consolidation (How many privacy coins do you need?  How many platforms do you need? How many decentralised market applications do you need).  Its just like the dotcom era, many people with whimsical projects that people are throwing money at on a promise for great financial gain, but without a lot of product, or experience to deliver. 

Maybe not 2018, but at some point many of the ones you know will collapse and fade, many others will limp on for years to big to go but ridiculed for their failure to achieve their promise (think Yahoo of the dotcom world).  Also something new will appear in the coming months and years to create a new buzz (Facebook was years late to the online world).
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:01:07 AM

I don't believe in this. We can never say what will happen to crypto coins this 2018. The only thing we are sure of is that coins will be volatile and unexpected things happen. All we have to do is keep track of coins' activities and observe.

valying

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:06:21 AM

Cryptocurrency is a revolution, and it will never die in 2018. This market will keep developing and make more value than now.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:36:54 AM

Certainly so. At the moment, crypto has easy money. This causes greed in many people and, unfortunately, scammers. A good idea or bad time will tell. In any case, the technology of the blockchain is breakthrough. And this will somehow affect our lives. Someone will even be able to earn good money or even get rich, as it turned out with bitcoin. And as for 95% of ICO, which will sink into oblivion - this is evolution, the strongest survives. And this is justified.

rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:45:44 AM

I only thrust to 5 cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin, Ethereum, BCH, Litecoin and XCPO. Each of them has uniqeu characteristics. Bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency although it's developer is gone, ETh has smartcontract, BCH is clone of bitcoin , Litecoin is one of promising cryptocurrency and XCPO has great developer that always keep their coin price rise. The developer of XCPO will build an e-commerce platform, this very good for XCPO and its masternode will become very profitable, many people are trade this coin in Cryptopia and mercatox. Those coin will survive in 2018.

otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:48:10 AM

Nobody knows that and I dare say your assumption is false! The market of cryptocurrency is much bigger now with a lot of investment running to Billions come into the market on regular basis!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 07:57:23 AM

90 % of VC money is lost as 90% VC funded startups get closed as well. If you are for the short time target the 90% you will be good, if you are believer in the ecosystem bet on the 10%.

Its not a game, its a way of life and living !

vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

maybe yes if i say,
too many new coin appear in 2017,and so many of them already dead even before touch market.
only coin with strong community and good development can survive till the end.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: