Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto donation/crowdfunding/p2p campaigns for non profit org?  (Read 316 times)
David8080 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:58:10 PM

Hello dear forum members. Long time lurker. I’ve got a big question for this forum.

Aside from BitPay, are there any processors that are donation management platforms? Basically a Classy, but for crypto?

Our non profit org uses digital photography to teach kids in the slums hard and soft skills for opportunity and advancement. We are in Kenya and S Africa, but we are a US reg 501c3.

Being able to facilitate sponsorship of our students and partners is our primary goal.

Thank you!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:23:57 PM

You simply want to receive donations? Why not just buy a hardware wallet or setup a multi signature wallet and paste the address in the site? As payment processors, we have Coinbase and CoinPayments as alternative. If you still want to have something to facilitate crowdfunding and donations only, you could try this: https://www.givetrack.org/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
David8080 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:35:12 PM

Well I’d like to be able to run crowdfunding and peer to peer campaigns. Also want to automate the donation receipt process.

Bitpay seems to offer a donate button with the facility to accept donations.

For on site year round we’re planning to pop up a qr code and wallet address with our cash donation platform (Classy).

Thanks!
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:36:36 PM

Probably this is not of my concern, but i have never seen a non-profit organization that is LEGIT.

All of them are always trying to get as many money as they can in order to steal that. It is not because i am a bad guy, or because i do not want to see your campaign being a succes..

But we all know how greedy is the people, and most of those famous people like Lionel Messi and all the other people who are claiming to be the new Jesus just because of their donations. We all know that they are just laundering money.

And it has been happening for years, maybe decades, the non-profit organizations have been the best source for money launderers.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:19:38 PM

Probably this is not of my concern, but i have never seen a non-profit organization that is LEGIT.
You shouldn't be a non-profit organization. For example some politicians are accapting donations in BTC to sponsor their campaign (ofc all politicians are bad tbh).  I don't see much sense in accepting crypto donations if the anonimity of the donator is not playing an important role. Most of the donations people send to non profit organization are pretty small (under 100$) so bitcoin fee will take a pretty big part of it.

David8080 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:23:57 AM

Thank you for the editorializing. Your opinions are noted.

I am still looking for help with this topic.

If this product or platform doesn’t exist, it’s a huge void.

David8080 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:48:54 AM

BitPay says they are not doing donations anymore due to compliance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: