Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:05:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cardano ADA the next Ethereum?  (Read 3585 times)
ZZOCC (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:20:02 PM

Is Cardano ADA the next Ethereum?

December 1, 2017 by Cameron Bishop

While a majority of crypto currency traders and financial market analysts had their eyes glued to the chart of Bitcoin, which was surging above $10,000, a relatively unknown altcoin, known as Cardano (ADA), gained 400% in a single week.

Even after the correction that happened yesterday, still, the crypto currency is up by about 300% to trade at $0.10 levels.

Let us look at the noteworthy developments that is turning investors interest in the crypto currency.

A team of academics, including Charles Hoskinsonco-founder of Ethereum crypto currency – is behind the project. Further, Cardano has also partnered with IHOK, a well known crypto currency development company.

David Hay on YouTube -->Cardano Coin (ADA) - Could This Really Be The Ethereum Killer?

The project was initiated in 2015, with an aim of becoming the first block chain network to be created from a scientific philosophy. The crypto currency offers unmatched privacy, while catering to the needs of regulators. Currently, as many as 25.9 billion ADA tokens are in circulation. The maximum supply is 45 billion.

The crypto currency is gaining attention for several reasons. Firstly, the smart contract platform uses a new proof of stake algorithm called Ouroboros. According to the developers, the algorithm can defend the block chain against attacks. The algorithm also facilitates creation of side chains, which will protect the privacy of its users and offer unmatched security.

Secondly, the platform uses a new programming language known as Haskell. The mathematical approach of the language enables codes to be written in a secure and reliable manner. That will considerably reduce the bugs which had resulted in losses to the holders of crypto currencies in the recent past. Due to these advantages, some crypto currency experts consider the platform to be better than Ethereum.

Thirdly, Bittrex exchange is the first major exchange to list the ADA coin. Most of the volume is done through this exchange. Fourthly, Cardano is launching an ADA debit card, which can be topped via its wallet, Daedalus. If that becomes a reality, then the ADA debit card will be useful in day-to-day purchases.

Finally, the company is scheduled to make its crucial roadmap announcement this weekend. Due to the reasons mentioned above, the crypto currency has started rising sharply. If the project development community perform as stated, then we may see further appreciation in the price of the crypto currency.

Source: LegalGamblingandtheLaw.com
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:33:11 PM

When it got listed on bittrex this coin exploded, and that is one of the main reasons of why it has been pumped so hard during the last few days.

I still remember when it got listed in coinmarketcap. It suddenly apperead between the top 15 and 20 and it screwed me up.

Maybe it is a good coin, i would never know that, a lot of people are saying that this is just going to be the BOOM of the 2018, but i still have my doubts about it.

Lets just give it some time until we can discover what are going to be the new features about cardano.

I heard that they were selected by google for X kind of project, i dont know if it was true at all.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:39:33 PM

Hell no, it is never going to be the same as ethereum.

Ethereum has been the second altcoin of all the list since bitcoin started to be pumped this year, almost everybody who has been introduced to cryptos during this year knows that ethereum is like a legacy in there.

And it is never going to be replaced, and less because of an altcoin that has been listed a month ago.

it is pretty new, and it can not defeat the sub-king, lmao . Huh

Because it has been developed by one of the co founders of ethereum it does not means that it would be bigger than eth.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:48:24 PM

Agree it sounds like the technology will eventually be awesome if it succeeds. But the marketcap already being in the top 9 crypto seems way too bold for my liking.

NaissuR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:56:05 PM

When it got listed on bittrex this coin exploded, and that is one of the main reasons of why it has been pumped so hard during the last few days.

I still remember when it got listed in coinmarketcap. It suddenly apperead between the top 15 and 20 and it screwed me up.

Maybe it is a good coin, i would never know that, a lot of people are saying that this is just going to be the BOOM of the 2018, but i still have my doubts about it.

Lets just give it some time until we can discover what are going to be the new features about cardano.

I heard that they were selected by google for X kind of project, i dont know if it was true at all.

its actually not true...
the price was stable for the whole time until last few days
its not because of bittrex

hope that the google thing is true.. it may be because if i would choose a project i choose cardano too

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:04:46 AM

At last i found the one what i am looking for, a cryptocurrency created by a functional programming language called "Haskell", although it is not as popular as other programming language used by cryptocurrency programming but i assured you that Haskell is the most secured programming language but it is more difficult to learn than scrpting language, imperative programming or procedural programming. The term ADA was used but for another trivia ADA was the functional programming language and today it was popularize by Haskell. Haskell programming was mainly used by the banks. I bet it is better than Ethereum in terms of security now i know why does this coin gaining the top 10 spot this week.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6540

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:24:04 AM

I have read this text - or an extremely similar one - some days ago. Seems to be an orchestrated PR buzz campaign with lots of low-quality press releases from Fiverr or similar Grin (I had to smile a bit when they call Haskell a "new programming language" - it's from ~1990. And yeah, "the algorithm defends the blockchain against attacks". What else should do it?).

Anyway, I think the Cardano/Ada project enriches the altcoin sphere, above all it's nice to see an implementation of the good old "Follow the satoshi" algorithm. But the name "Ada" is a bit too bold for the project, I think.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Elby

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:29:00 AM

NEVER, ADA does not even come close, is a bit an offense for ETH. Mass overproduced coins makes me nervous.

blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:47:26 AM

NEVER, ADA does not even come close, is a bit an offense for ETH. Mass overproduced coins makes me nervous.
People said that NEO would be the next ethereum, this is a way to boost a new coin. ETC is the copy of ethereum. ethereum will have  new competiotors but most users tend to use eth, you can see most ICO use eth platform. even waves has good model of token creation, in fact Waves are not favorite for ICO developers because there are fake token in the dex, dex platform is not user friendly.
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:51:10 AM

People said that NEO would be the next ethereum, this is a way to boost a new coin. ETC is the copy of ethereum. ethereum will have  new competiotors but most users tend to use eth, you can see most ICO use eth platform. even waves has good model of token creation, in fact Waves are not favorite for ICO developers because there are fake token in the dex, dex platform is not user friendly.

nothing can be the next ethereum.. cardano tries to be something else and run solidity dApps on it too

Neo does not have 50 professional developers and 10 researchers behind it

cardano blockchain = 40 developers * 2 years = 70k code lines

popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:17:32 PM

Cardano is sure the coolest project and the altcoin with the brilliant future. Since the beginning of 2017, the project has conducted a series of ICO and they collected over 108,844.5 BTC. Almost the entire amount of collected funds has the Asian origin. ADA is flying up.  Roll Eyes
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:49:08 PM

I do not think that Cardano is the next Ethereum (just purchased some last night just in case) because Cardano is still new, but I do think that it has potential as it's creator has just recently been hired by Google, and this is grand, which is also one of the reasons why it shot.
Praetorian.1legion

Activity: 476
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:54:27 PM

Vitalik Buterin named the successor to the EOS etherium. So, a lot of successors were formed.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:09:41 PM

I think it is not. The market doesn't need another Ethereum
GrandBcn

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:12:16 PM

Yes, I was surprised by this sharp jump. I think talking about the fact that ADA is a new ethereum is too exaggerated. Raising the price by 250% per week certainly shock. But for a constant price, you need more time and trust. This is too young a project. However, in the future the potential of this coin is obvious.
Snorren

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:18:26 PM

I like the main idea with Cardano, the academic approach where all new implementations will be scrutinized thoroughly before implementation. I feel like the current way of cryto is a bit yolo, find a method that works and go with it. Cardano will be slower to market but corporations can be sure their funds won't be unacceptable one day like with parity bug.

I bought Cardano before the boom and didn't expect anything from it for at least 6 months. I'm surprised with the current high market cap since it's not really anything special right now.
Alns

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:32:25 PM

Well, in fact, it is one of the most biggest projects that is listed on the market right now, but it does not means that it will be the next ethereum.

I can not understand why a lot of people is trying to pump this coin, it is pretty weird, maybe it is because of all that thing with the alliance of google with this project, or maybe because of another thing.

I have been paying a lot of attention to the price of ADA, but it is really scary to see that it has been going up so quickly (even, more quickly than bitcoin, because it made x5 in just a week)
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:38:08 PM

I think not, it can't be the next ethereum to me no coin can be ethereum but if one of them is going to be, it would be probaly neo. It is like a future version of ethereum.

yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:12:00 PM

This is a major project with the support of many investors. But I also have an idea, that the next Ethereum is NEO. The price of ADA is more similar to pump. Someone will earn by selling coins, then it will fall again.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:33:14 PM

I have bought a little and hold them... let's see if 2018 will be a good year for this coin... I also think that NEO is one of most interesting coin to look at now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: