Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - AUD market is now live.  (Read 9218 times)
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 07:10:10 AM

TradeHill is proud to announce that we will now be trading AUD on our exchange.

We've received a huge demand for AUD and we had been holding back while we finalized some details.

TradeHill will be represented by Jaden Rubinstein in Australia.

This will most likely provide a huge opportunity for arbitrage immediately as Australia looks to purchase Bitcoins.

Thanks for all the great support.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mouse

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:28:35 AM

woohoo!
SeriousWorm

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:41:25 AM

Cool.

Looking forward to future Moneybookers support, if possible (at least for withdrawals).
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:45:12 AM

Great news.

Where abouts is Jaden based?

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Hmmmm, I have an account in AUD I can access - might have look and play - add some depth/liquidity.

edit: current asks are "generous", but that will change.
haydent

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:46:29 AM

so if you wire aud into your account you can only buy/sell off the aud offers market ??

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:15:58 AM

Brilliant! Please consider doing ZAR (South African Rands) too!
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:20:30 AM

This is good news

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:54:04 AM

We've received a huge demand for AUD and we had been holding back while we finalized some details.

This will most likely provide a huge opportunity for arbitrage immediately as Australia looks to purchase Bitcoins.
I have just put up my coins for sale on TH AUD and severely UNDERCUT all the previous offers.
So Aussies come an' get it while it's hot, or the 'roo will hopp away like a boomerang in flight... Well you know what I mean...  Grin
Houdini

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:08:22 AM

so if you wire aud into your account you can only buy/sell off the aud offers market ??
Well you can buy BTC for AUD and then sell them for USD (or hoes and beer).
shads

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 11:24:12 AM

Exactly what tradehill needs to grab some market share from mtgox.  No easy way to get money from mtgox to Australia.  Expect to see a lot of trade from aussies champing at the bit. 

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
kripz

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 11:28:52 AM

What are the fees to withdraw?

Merged mining, free SMS notifications, PayPal payout and much more.
http://btcstats.net/sig/JZCODg2
Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:07:53 PM

Go for EUR!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 02:25:49 PM

Great news.

Where abouts is Jaden based?

Canberra ACH

Fees to withdraw are:

.5% capped at $15AUD

moneyandtech.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 02:51:28 PM

Hmmmm, I have an account in AUD I can access - might have look and play - add some depth/liquidity.

edit: current asks are "generous", but that will change.

Hello All,

For some additional clarity on your trading options see below.

For Australians, you no longer have to buy USD at your local bank and then do an international wire transfer to our US bank account. You can simply make a local transfer to our local bank account in AUD. Additionally, your funds will now be held as AUD and you can enter our BTC-AUD trading room and buy BTC using AUD. However, if you are still interested in buying BTC using USD, then feel free to ask your local bank to covert the the AUD to USD and send us an international wire transfer.

Further, TO EVERYONE who has BTC, you can begin selling your BTC in the BTC-AUD trading room. We expect high pricing inefficiencies until liquidity is developed; therefore, it is possible to get premiums on selling your BTC. Additionally, cross currency arbitrage opportunities will be high.

Thanks again and let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback.

Regards,
Adam - Tradehil

moneyandtech.com
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:55:13 PM

And can funds be directly transferred back to an Australian bank account?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 03:00:33 PM

Holy jebus the fees are high! Have you guys considered setting up a system where people can open their own accounts in those same banks, and then transferring from their account to yours for free? (or at least a very low fee, since it's just an accounting entry for the bank)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 03:34:39 PM

Yep, they can be!

We can take both deposits and withdrawals in AUD via our local Tradehill partner.

Thanks,
Adam - Tradehill

moneyandtech.com
digigalt

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:08:52 AM

Is this a legitimate operation? I'm cautious about putting my money into anything that isn't licensed by ASIC.
KingFisher9

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:13:01 AM

Is this a legitimate operation? I'm cautious about putting my money into anything that isn't licensed by ASIC.

I use trade hill a lot and never had any issues

Referral link for 10% off comission is in sig  Grin
JeevesNZ

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:14:05 AM

Do you have an NZ partner in the pipelines?
faille

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:15:14 AM

If we have USD on tradehill, can we just withdraw that as AUD into out AU banks?
digigalt

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:16:51 AM

I use trade hill a lot and never had any issues

Referral link for 10% off comission is in sig  Grin

Well you will have an issue with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission if this operation isn't licensed by them.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:31:34 AM

I am based in NZ and there is an OTC bitcoinexchange.co.nz site where you could trade in NZ dollars, but not anonymously like on TH.  I'm not around much in July, but I'm not sure how much demand there is for NZD trading. 

As for ASIC, last time I went through the financial services licencing legislation taking deposits/money and/or trading would require authorisation.  This is definitely retail/to-the-public so those things need to be done.  At a minimum, the entity we are dealing with needs to quote their licence number.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:59:38 AM

Well you will have an issue with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission if this operation isn't licensed by them.

... and same like my questions to CampBX - if it's not required to register in such a manner, may we please have the name/offices of the attorneys who told you it wasn't necessary (or a scan of the letter from ASIC saying you weren't in their jurisdiction would probably be cool too).

I think their Australian rep needs an ABN too.

^_^
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 01:04:42 AM

Nice.

lets have trade hill support CAD too!

if trade hill accepts many different currencies, this will help bitcoin grow, and will allow businesses from outside of the US to accept bitcoin

keep up the good work guys

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 01:51:22 AM

I am based in NZ and there is an OTC bitcoinexchange.co.nz site where you could trade in NZ dollars, but not anonymously like on TH.  I'm not around much in July, but I'm not sure how much demand there is for NZD trading. 

As for ASIC, last time I went through the financial services licencing legislation taking deposits/money and/or trading would require authorisation.  This is definitely retail/to-the-public so those things need to be done.  At a minimum, the entity we are dealing with needs to quote their licence number.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the information and the concern. You are absolutely right: trading in this market resembles trading in other regulated markets. However, at this point, Bitcoin is not considered a security or a currency; admittedly, there is debate around this issue both on this forum and across the media. Bitcoin seems to be a whole new entity in-of-itself. At this point, regulators haven't taken a clear stance or asked for the buying or selling of BTC to cease. Other virtual currencies like the Linden dollar already exist and these can be bought or sold for national currencies. Since Tradehill doesn't offer to change currency from say - USD to AUD or from CAD to USD or any other permutation - then we are not a currency exchange. People can only buy or sell BTC using different currencies on our site and not trade one currency for the other.

FYI - Our partner DOES have an ABN number.

Thanks again for the comments. They are on point and will lead to more discussions about BTCs current and future legal status. This will be beneficial for everyone.

Regards,
Adam - Tradehill

moneyandtech.com
digigalt

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:58:15 AM

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the information and the concern. You are absolutely right: trading in this market resembles trading in other regulated markets. However, at this point, Bitcoin is not considered a security or a currency; admittedly, there is debate around this issue both on this forum and across the media. Bitcoin seems to be a whole new entity in-of-itself. At this point, regulators haven't taken a clear stance or asked for the buying or selling of BTC to cease. Other virtual currencies like the Linden dollar already exist and these can be bought or sold for national currencies. Since Tradehill doesn't offer to change currency from say - USD to AUD or from CAD to USD or any other permutation - then we are not a currency exchange. People can only buy or sell BTC using different currencies on our site and not trade one currency for the other.

Thanks again for the comments. They are on point and will lead to more discussions about BTCs current and future legal status. This will be beneficial for everyone.

Regards,
Adam - Tradehill

Could you buy me dinner now? I'd at least like to have a nice meal before I get fucked.
TheMagikarp

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:25:32 AM

Yep, they can be!

We can take both deposits and withdrawals in AUD via our local Tradehill partner.

Thanks,
Adam - Tradehill

Sold!
MrAnderson

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:42:21 AM

$6-60 deposit fee from your bank. Big margin there.

My bank charges me nothing to add funds to the NAB, which Mt Gox uses.

>>> 1BcfL1QAZsxtpd92YYsbvDyih45mwA9xSo << Willing to endure the cringe-worthy Australian stereotypes for donations.

I'll wrestle a crocodile, show you my knife, throw shrimp on the BBQ, F**k your wife. Tongue
kripz

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 03:55:28 AM

Hi Patrick,

Regards,
Adam - Tradehill

Could you buy me dinner now? I'd at least like to have a nice meal before I get fucked.

Elaborate?

digigalt

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:44:25 AM

TradeHill's nonchalance toward the ASIC issue doesn't inspire confidence. ASIC doesn't play around. TradeHill isn't listed on the ASIC site, and I'm not sure if TradeHill is exempt from the regulations. Why would I trust my money with an exchange that will probably get its asshole torn asunder by ASIC within the month?

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:27:10 AM

TradeHill's nonchalance toward the ASIC issue doesn't inspire confidence. ASIC doesn't play around. TradeHill isn't listed on the ASIC site, and I'm not sure if TradeHill is exempt from the regulations. Why would I trust my money with an exchange that will probably get its asshole torn asunder by ASIC within the month?

Hi Digi,

If you do some research you will find that the ASIC, like the SEC (and other regulatory bodies), only have authority over certain types of financial products; in this case, securities. Most nations more or less define securities as stocks and bonds. The total value of these securities is large but not as large as other unregulated financial products like Interest Rate derivatives or FX derivatives. The total value of the IR derivatives market is at least 200 trillion USD. That's more then all the GDPs of the G20 nations combined. This entire market is not regulated. It is of great debate whether or not these markets should remain unregulated post-crisis.

So, just because a financial product or asset is traded like a stock or bond does not mean it is regulated like one. It would be a far stretch to define Bitcoins as a security. Not to say Bitcoins couldn't be regulated in the future as some type of commodity or other value transfer then falling under the authority of different regulatory body.

I come from a finance background and my full profile is under the thread "Tradehill - who we are" in the forum.

Thanks,
Adam

moneyandtech.com
dood001

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:38:55 AM

Correct me if wrong but - TradeHill is in the USA and Chile so therefore not even in ASIC jurisdiction. The affiliate in Australia is only accepting money on their behalf - it is a business deal.
digigalt

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:24:12 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2011, 09:22:02 AM by digigalt

Correct me if wrong but - TradeHill is in the USA and Chile so therefore not even in ASIC jurisdiction. The affiliate in Australia is only accepting money on their behalf - it is a business deal.

It doesn't matter where their physical offices are located if they commit crimes in Australia. Judging by their complete lack of understanding of Australian financial regulations, they'll be committing crimes in Australia fairly soon.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:45:43 AM

Hi Digi,

If you do some research you will find that the ASIC, like the SEC (and other regulatory bodies), only have authority over certain types of financial products; in this case, securities. Most nations more or less define securities as stocks and bonds. The total value of these securities is large but not as large as other unregulated financial products like Interest Rate derivatives or FX derivatives. The total value of the IR derivatives market is at least 200 trillion USD. That's more then all the GDPs of the G20 nations combined. This entire market is not regulated. It is of great debate whether or not these markets should remain unregulated post-crisis.

So, just because a financial product or asset is traded like a stock or bond does not mean it is regulated like one. It would be a far stretch to define Bitcoins as a security. Not to say Bitcoins couldn't be regulated in the future as some type of commodity or other value transfer then falling under the authority of different regulatory body.

I come from a finance background and my full profile is under the thread "Tradehill - who we are" in the forum.

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, the short answer is "no".  While Tradehill will probably not need an authorisation, your rep will (or any part of TH based/covered by Australian law).  Accepting money/deposits from members of the public for something that might or might not have value in the future will probably fall under the definition of derivatives which is quite wide.  The local regulations are much wider than equities (securities).

For some business I was doing in Melbourne I needed the company to become a licensed financial advisor even though we were dealing wholesale electricity derivatives as principle in each contract.  I knew the legislation better than our specialist auditors (which was funny at the time).

If you want to follow up more off-line, get in touch.  If you can't find an address, I exchanged an email with Lance on Wednesday when I found the "forward" button on my browser initiated a double transfer.  On the plus side, I think NZ is a bit easier, but I'd need to re-read the new 1 July legislation that's just come into force.

Cheers, Patrick  Smiley

p.s. will be back trading at TH once Gox delivers my USD by snail - four days and counting . . .

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 06:54:58 PM

Hey Patrick,

Sure, I will PM you so we can speak directly. You can definitely help me understand more about the local markets. At this point, given my history in finance, I have to stand by previous assertions. Albeit, I believe healthy and respectful disagreements/arguments are excellent! Either way, let's talk. Perhaps we can work together to get clear and definite answers for Australia.

And yes, Lance is our new guy - people think he is great.

Speak soon!
Adam

moneyandtech.com
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:10:10 PM

Adam, pm received.  Will be in touch.  Always fun when playing in other jurisdictions - I'm sure we can make it work.

hmmm, I have a little company that's going to be based in Brisbane and well need a financial services license for that - timeframe is six months away so probably wouldn't suit the current urgency.  Maybe we should do our capital raise in BTC rather than AUD?
kripz

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 12:21:57 AM

This is what caused the recent drop in prices! It was all those Australians waiting for a way to get AUD out before they sold their bitcoins. Now that this exchange is open all those bitcoins are getting sold!

*Please note: I have no evidence this is true. It might just be a coincidence, but it might be a giant government conspiracy. Or aliens, might be them too.

I did, not via TH, it was through other means. But essentially a new method opened up that allowed me to convert BTC to AUD.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 01:00:30 AM

I would really advise against using Individuals as partners in foreign countries, the deposit information on your website for AUD also seems strange since no account name is used, just a Commonwealth Bank account type "Complete Access".

Also is this your partners ABN registration details:

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=79392772409

Really if Tradehill is going to take off you need to have a more professional setup then having local individuals accept money on your behalf.

We've known him for years and he's been working with us for quite a while.
I agree simply letting local individuals open an account hold funds would be a horrible idea.
Also if we were doing that we would already have an account in 50+ countries. It's too risky, not professional and not our plan.
-Jered

moneyandtech.com
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:03:31 AM

I would really advise against using Individuals as partners in foreign countries, the deposit information on your website for AUD also seems strange since no account name is used, just a Commonwealth Bank account type "Complete Access".

Also is this your partners ABN registration details:

http://www.abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=79392772409

Really if Tradehill is going to take off you need to have a more professional setup then having local individuals accept money on your behalf.

We've known him for years and he's been working with us for quite a while.
I agree simply letting local individuals open an account hold funds would be a horrible idea.
Also if we were doing that we would already have an account in 50+ countries. It's too risky, not professional and not our plan.
-Jered

Since you are here,

How about a transparent affiliate page?  I would like to know how many people are clicking on my links and the % of conversions.  ALL LEGITIMATE AFFILIATES HAVE THIS.  Why can't you?
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 02:14:14 AM

Cat have your tongue, Jered?

I have yet to see a legitimate discussion why you don't have an affiliate CTR page.  Care to explain?  I'm listening.  Your answers via your website address nothing nor does emailing your company.  It's either I get an answer or I go with Adsense on my sites.  The choice is yours.

It's a pretty simple answer actually.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 02:29:52 AM

I have yet to see a legitimate discussion why you don't have an affiliate CTR page.  Care to explain?  I'm listening.  Your answers via your website address nothing nor does emailing your company.  It's either I get an answer or I go with Adsense on my sites.  The choice is yours.

You can see the amount of users that you've referred here:

https://www.tradehill.com/User/Profile/

You can see the amount you've earned through commissions on your dashboard.

We do our best to watch this forum but there are a lot of threads.
I'll check back to see if this answered your question.

Regards,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 02:32:48 AM

Regards,
Jered

No, that's not what I'm asking for.  I want to know how many people have clicked my links and how many people HAVE or HAVE NOT signed up.

You only tell me if I've earned commission and that isn't good enough.

Guess I'll go with Adsense.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 02:35:02 AM

Regards,
Jered

No, that's not what I'm asking for.  I want to know how many people have clicked my links and how many people HAVE or HAVE NOT signed up.

You only tell me if I've earned commission and that isn't good enough.

Guess I'll go with Adsense.

This tells you exactly how many people have signed up under you:

I'm not sure where the confusion is.
-Jered

moneyandtech.com
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 02:38:37 AM

Well that's my bad then.  I was clicking it and it went to my account page not that page.  All apologies.

It was mine.

Cheers.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 03:05:52 AM

Well that's my bad then.  I was clicking it and it went to my account page not that page.  All apologies.

It was mine.

Cheers.

Glad we got it cleared up. Thanks for bringing it up though, it's a valid point and we should document it better.
We're changing a lot on the site and it's all aimed at making it easier to use.
Depending on which way we go with the features you should see major changes in a few weeks and general usability changes sooner than that.

moneyandtech.com
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:19:25 AM

How many Bitcoins for a Fosters?

Cheers, Mate.
Nescio

Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:01:06 AM

Eric Cartman, you're grounded!

Quote from: digigalt
It doesn't matter where their physical offices are located if they commit crimes in Australia.

Obvious troll is obvious.

@Jered: I hope you do careful due diligence on any (financial/legal) advice you get from third parties.
Anonymous

July 03, 2011, 06:17:33 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2011, 06:34:17 AM by noagendamarket

I added a link to your site on http://bitcoin.com.au

If you give me some code I will add a page so people can be directed to tradehill or get the latest prices updated in a widget ?

What most of us think of ASIC
LHutz

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:33:12 AM

Congratulations on the new system.

Hopefully we'll have some method to withdrawn in Argentina soon u.u
haydent

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:01:01 AM

i just want to add that i easily loaded my $180 aud into TH and it only cost me $5 for some reason  Cheesy

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 03:09:36 AM

Cheers, Mate.

You should be asking: How many Fosters for a Bitcoin? :-)

Cheers,
Adam

moneyandtech.com
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:15:25 AM

Cheers, Mate.

You should be asking: How many Fosters for a Bitcoin? :-)

Cheers,
Adam

He's obviously not Aussie, otherwise he'd be asking about the bitcoin/meat pie ratio...

elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:22:18 AM

It's not actually a troll (not entirely) - if TradeHill has a delegate in Australia and is violating australian banking/securities (though I don't see the securities thing being an issue), or is not charging GST when they should be (GST wasn't even around when I left Australia so I honestly have no idea) then it really doesn't matter if TradeHill are in Chile or not... someone's going to get fucked over it.

He's obviously not Aussie, otherwise he'd be asking about the bitcoin/meat pie ratio...

Maybe it's just the part of Australia that I'm from, but no one I ever met would be caught dead drinking Fosters.

^_^
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:25:58 AM

It's not actually a troll (not entirely) - if TradeHill has a delegate in Australia and is violating australian banking/securities (though I don't see the securities thing being an issue), or is not charging GST when they should be (GST wasn't even around when I left Australia so I honestly have no idea) then it really doesn't matter if TradeHill are in Chile or not... someone's going to get fucked over it.

Maybe it's just the part of Australia that I'm from, but no one I ever met would be caught dead drinking Fosters.

There's an ad on TV at the moment for KFC, where one guy first suggests getting a 'servo pie' (American translation: Meat pie from a gas station), but it's said in a derogatory way and they end up eating KFC instead... well that ad always makes me feel like a servo pie, not KFC Smiley

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:29:50 AM

dam I dont even know what a meat pie is.   
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:31:27 AM

Eaten with tomato sauce... otherwise known as ketchup: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=meat+pie&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1655&bih=1394

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 03:33:25 AM

Ah I see, Kinda like a pot pie here in the US, but I've never seen them stuffed with meat like theres no tomorrow.  Thanks

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 04:25:48 AM

Yum, that meatpie looks delicious.

I guess the closet thing to a meatpie which we have here in Chile is the 'Completo'

See here : http://migrationology.com/2010/06/churrasco-completo-chiles-complete-beef/

Yes, it is as big as it looks. And no, it's not that close to a meat pie! doh~!

Cheers,
Adam

moneyandtech.com
fennec

Activity: 76
Merit: 87

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 05:57:22 AM

Cheers, Mate.

Funnily enough, I don't think many people in Australia drink Fosters. I hear it's pretty popular in the US though.

Preev – simple Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates
Nescio

Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:12:29 PM

True, but the wording was obviously meant to inspire FUD. Also, 'they' implied Tradehill, which may not be the case, but rather the entity handling it for them. Then again, you never know these days, when the secret service nabs you for committing an art project..
Houdini

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:28:55 PM

Any pie made with meat maybe ? They have them in many different parts of the world actually, not just Australia. I know they're popular in the UK and Bosnia (maybe the only similarity between those two places ?).

Actually tomato sauce and ketchup are not the same thing (especially American ketchup). Similar yes, and both contain tomatoes, but not the same thing.
I could forgive you for not knowing that if you were an American, everyone knows you can't find any real food in America (just fake plastic McCrap in a sick-green color with fake ketchup made of artifical factory-made goo with red die Grin), but you're an Australian ! Crikey, mate !
Now to taste real tomato sauce you have to come to the Mediterranean. And to taste real food you just have to go outside of the US, or just go to specialized restaurants there for people who actually have taste buds.  Cheesy
No offense to any Yanks here, you do a lot of things good, food just isn't among them.   Cheesy

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 10:43:01 PM

Yum, that meatpie looks delicious.

I guess the closet thing to a meatpie which we have here in Chile is the 'Completo'

See here : http://migrationology.com/2010/06/churrasco-completo-chiles-complete-beef/

Yes, it is as big as it looks. And no, it's not that close to a meat pie! doh~!

Cheers,
Adam

While it's important to stay on topic I'm going to correct Adam.
We have empanadas here which are very similar to the meat pies.
http://www.google.com/search?q=empanada&hl=en&client=ubuntu&hs=wg1&channel=fs&prmd=ivnse&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MdcYTrSwCaL30gHBlqGDBg&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=879
I've never been to Australia so I can't say first hand but I hear they're pretty close.

It also looks like the AUD is picking up a bit, it may take a while to ramp up but I'm expecting good things from the land down under.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:01:18 PM

Thats why we export the crap. We wouldn't dare touch the stuff here  Grin

haydent

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:21:27 PM

some of best aussie beers are coopers and some tassie ones, ditch that mass produced crap.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 11:32:12 PM

I always here that Australians hate Fosters.
It's the same with the US. There are 100's maybe 1000's  of really good beers but millions of Budweisers get exported instead.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
haydent

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:30:52 AM

Last night i made my first trade (buy) on TH with AUD after easy loading.

Everything went fine, except i have one gripe which im bringing up here first as a question/suggestion to TH.

After my experience last night i prefer Mt. Gox's trading form page over TH's and this is why:

I wanted to buy as much btc i could at a set price, but it was very hard to make that order.

I had to sit there for ages making calculations and trying to submit the form, and gave up on calculations, and just started reducing my order amount incrementally until i got a total under my available balance. and even then i ended up with left over AUD in my account i can't now spend as there is a $1 min order.

In this time i could have missed out on the good offer that had become available, while trying to calculate how much i could afford to buy including the fees to 4 decimal places.....

But on Gox you can order however much you want, and it only fills/places the amount you have balance to cover, so it uses up all your funds if you want and save much time and stress.

I cant comment on the selling side of things in TH as i have no experience yet.

Surely you guys (TH) have used gox to trade even just to compare and know what im talking about ... Huh?

Is there a reason it is this clunky slow way or can it be changed ?

thanks
Hayden.

Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:39:51 AM

I had to sit there for ages making calculations and trying to submit the form, and gave up on calculations, and just started reducing my order amount incrementally until i got a total under my available balance. and even then i ended up with left over AUD in my account i can't now spend as there is a $1 min order.

This is the same trading USD on Tradehill... annoying.

Houdini

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:40:14 AM

This is the same trading USD on Tradehill... annoying.
+1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: