Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - AUD market is now live.  (Read 9218 times)
fennec

Activity: 76
Merit: 87

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 05:57:22 AM

How many Bitcoins for a Fosters?

Cheers, Mate.

Funnily enough, I don't think many people in Australia drink Fosters. I hear it's pretty popular in the US though.

Preev – simple Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nescio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 09:12:29 PM

It's not actually a troll (not entirely) - if TradeHill has a delegate in Australia and is violating australian banking/securities (though I don't see the securities thing being an issue), or is not charging GST when they should be (GST wasn't even around when I left Australia so I honestly have no idea) then it really doesn't matter if TradeHill are in Chile or not... someone's going to get fucked over it.

True, but the wording was obviously meant to inspire FUD. Also, 'they' implied Tradehill, which may not be the case, but rather the entity handling it for them. Then again, you never know these days, when the secret service nabs you for committing an art project..
Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 10:28:55 PM

dam I dont even know what a meat pie is.
Any pie made with meat maybe ? They have them in many different parts of the world actually, not just Australia. I know they're popular in the UK and Bosnia (maybe the only similarity between those two places ?).

Actually tomato sauce and ketchup are not the same thing (especially American ketchup). Similar yes, and both contain tomatoes, but not the same thing.
I could forgive you for not knowing that if you were an American, everyone knows you can't find any real food in America (just fake plastic McCrap in a sick-green color with fake ketchup made of artifical factory-made goo with red die Grin), but you're an Australian ! Crikey, mate !
Now to taste real tomato sauce you have to come to the Mediterranean. And to taste real food you just have to go outside of the US, or just go to specialized restaurants there for people who actually have taste buds.  Cheesy
No offense to any Yanks here, you do a lot of things good, food just isn't among them.   Cheesy
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 10:43:01 PM

Yum, that meatpie looks delicious.

I guess the closet thing to a meatpie which we have here in Chile is the 'Completo'

See here : http://migrationology.com/2010/06/churrasco-completo-chiles-complete-beef/

Yes, it is as big as it looks. And no, it's not that close to a meat pie! doh~!

Cheers,
Adam

While it's important to stay on topic I'm going to correct Adam.
We have empanadas here which are very similar to the meat pies.
http://www.google.com/search?q=empanada&hl=en&client=ubuntu&hs=wg1&channel=fs&prmd=ivnse&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MdcYTrSwCaL30gHBlqGDBg&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=879
I've never been to Australia so I can't say first hand but I hear they're pretty close.

It also looks like the AUD is picking up a bit, it may take a while to ramp up but I'm expecting good things from the land down under.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:01:18 PM

Maybe it's just the part of Australia that I'm from, but no one I ever met would be caught dead drinking Fosters.

Thats why we export the crap. We wouldn't dare touch the stuff here  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
haydent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 11:21:27 PM

some of best aussie beers are coopers and some tassie ones, ditch that mass produced crap.

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 11:32:12 PM

I always here that Australians hate Fosters.
It's the same with the US. There are 100's maybe 1000's  of really good beers but millions of Budweisers get exported instead.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
haydent

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:30:52 AM

Last night i made my first trade (buy) on TH with AUD after easy loading.

Everything went fine, except i have one gripe which im bringing up here first as a question/suggestion to TH.

After my experience last night i prefer Mt. Gox's trading form page over TH's and this is why:

I wanted to buy as much btc i could at a set price, but it was very hard to make that order.

I had to sit there for ages making calculations and trying to submit the form, and gave up on calculations, and just started reducing my order amount incrementally until i got a total under my available balance. and even then i ended up with left over AUD in my account i can't now spend as there is a $1 min order.

In this time i could have missed out on the good offer that had become available, while trying to calculate how much i could afford to buy including the fees to 4 decimal places.....

But on Gox you can order however much you want, and it only fills/places the amount you have balance to cover, so it uses up all your funds if you want and save much time and stress.

I cant comment on the selling side of things in TH as i have no experience yet.

Surely you guys (TH) have used gox to trade even just to compare and know what im talking about ... Huh?

Is there a reason it is this clunky slow way or can it be changed ?

thanks
Hayden.

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 12:39:51 AM

I had to sit there for ages making calculations and trying to submit the form, and gave up on calculations, and just started reducing my order amount incrementally until i got a total under my available balance. and even then i ended up with left over AUD in my account i can't now spend as there is a $1 min order.

This is the same trading USD on Tradehill... annoying.

Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:40:14 AM

This is the same trading USD on Tradehill... annoying.
+1
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: