Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DutyFreeDigital.com - Global Electronics Shop! Free Express Shipping!  (Read 44097 times)
CoinsForTech (OP)

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 01:28:35 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 11:15:23 PM by CoinsForTech

We are very happy to announce the rebranding of CoinsForTech.com to DutyFreeDigital, a proud Bitcoin-only electronics super store available to ship products worldwide!

The DutyFreeDigital store contains a HUGE array of consumer electronics including laptops, mobile phones, tablets, cameras, headphones and more - all available for purchase with Bitcoin!

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99! LEARN MORE.
5% BITCOIN DISCOUNT! LEARN MORE.

|   ABOUT US   |   DELIVERY OPTIONS   |   FACEBOOK   |   TWITTER   |   INSTAGRAM   |

In general, products at DutyFreeDigital are cheaper or on-par in price with large retailers such as Amazon, BestBuy and NewEgg. I have listed some deals (with links) below, however there are many more to be found on our website. We have kept our prices as low as possible and are able to provide some exceptional deals - especially on camera equipment!

Please remember that these items will be imported, and as such you may be liable for taxes or duties. Most of our products are duty free in the United States.

FEEDBACK
If you've got feedback, or any queries please let us know. Please post them in this thread or to raise a support ticket on our website, CLICK HERE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 02:49:19 AM

Reserved

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 03:59:05 PM

I hope your store is real,  but as someone who has been in business over a decade,  lots of things point to scam for me:

1.  No contact information on your website.
2. Private domain name registration
3. Your shipping rates are unbelievably low.

Please provide some real contact information so we can believe you.

Other than that,  your site looks great.
I wish my team for Bitcoinstore.com could have done as nice a job.

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 12:11:32 AM

I hope your store is real,  but as someone who has been in business over a decade,  lots of things point to scam for me:

1.  No contact information on your website.

Please provide some real contact information so we can believe you.

Other than that,  your site looks great.
I wish my team for Bitcoinstore.com could have done as nice a job.

Hello. Thank you for the feedback and comments on our website.

I appreciate your concerns, and as a relatively new face in the Bitcoin community can understand the lack of trust. I would be happy to use a trusted forum member to escrow the first few transactions if that helps. We are the real deal, and are incredibly excited about what the future holds.

By far the easiest way of communicating to us is via email. We are based in Australia, meaning that our admin staff is generally asleep while the majority of our consumers are browsing our website (also the reason it has taken so long to respond here). If you really want to talk over the phone that can be arranged, however at this stage email will definitely work best. If our store is well-received we will be outsourcing support staff, however this will only happen if CoinsForTech.com proves profitable.

This was done for free when we registered our domains with NameCheap. I'm aware it does not scream confidence, and sincerely hope it does not affect our sales.

I disagree that they are unbelievably low, however I have very little experience with shipping out of the United States.

Having said this, our shipping rates into the US are artificially low. We have subsidised them to keep the costs down to remain attractive to US buyers. The shipping costs to rest of the countries are at cost price.

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 01:26:26 AM

By far the easiest way of communicating to us is via email. We are based in Australia, meaning that our admin staff is generally asleep while the majority of our consumers are browsing our website (also the reason it has taken so long to respond here). If you really want to talk over the phone that can be arranged, however at this stage email will definitely work best. If our store is well-received we will be outsourcing support staff, however this will only happen if CoinsForTech.com proves profitable.
This can easily be solved.  Post your contact details today.
Here is what it looks like for a normal business: http://memorydealers.com/about-us/  (Notice the phone numbers and physical addresses)

This was done for free when we registered our domains with NameCheap. I'm aware it does not scream confidence, and sincerely hope it does not affect our sales.
So log into your NameCheap account and disable it today.

I disagree that they are unbelievably low, however I have very little experience with shipping out of the United States.

Having said this, our shipping rates into the US are artificially low. We have subsidised them to keep the costs down to remain attractive to US buyers. The shipping costs to rest of the countries are at cost price.

All of your rates are unbelievably low if the goods are shipping from Australia.
Here is Fedex's rate card for Economy shipping:http://images.fedex.com/downloads/au/rates/ie_2013.pdf
If you ship enough packages per month,  you can get about a 50% discount from their published rates.
DHL's rates are similar.

Here are some examples that I can't believe even after assuming you are getting a 50% discount from Fedex:

1.0 KG to Asia  You claim:  $17    Fedex reality $51
3.0 KG to Asia  You claim:  $31    Fedex reality $85
5.0 KG to Asia  You claim:  $44    Fedex reality $112

1.0 KG to Europe  You claim:  $29    Fedex reality $62
3.0 KG to Europe  You claim:  $37    Fedex reality $110
5.0 KG to Europe  You claim:  $48    Fedex reality $155

1.0 KG to Middle East  You claim:  $30    Fedex reality $83
3.0 KG to Middle East  You claim:  $64    Fedex reality $148
5.0 KG to Middle East  You claim:  $93    Fedex reality $209

Clearly something doesn't add up with your claim that shipping to the above "countries are at cost price.'

Bitcoin needs more merchants,  and I hope you are an honest one,  but the evidence above leads me to think otherwise.
If you intend to have a successful business,  you will need to address items 1 and 2 right away.

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:49:49 AM

Here is what it looks like for a normal business: http://memorydealers.com/about-us/  (Notice the phone numbers and physical addresses)

All of your rates are unbelievably low if the goods are shipping from Australia.
Here is Fedex's rate card for Economy shipping:http://images.fedex.com/downloads/au/rates/ie_2013.pdf
If you ship enough packages per month,  you can get about a 50% discount from their published rates.
DHL's rates are similar.

Here are some examples that I can't believe even after assuming you are getting a 50% discount from Fedex:

1.0 KG to Asia  You claim:  $17    Fedex reality $51
3.0 KG to Asia  You claim:  $31    Fedex reality $85
5.0 KG to Asia  You claim:  $44    Fedex reality $112

1.0 KG to Europe  You claim:  $29    Fedex reality $62
3.0 KG to Europe  You claim:  $37    Fedex reality $110
5.0 KG to Europe  You claim:  $48    Fedex reality $155

1.0 KG to Middle East  You claim:  $30    Fedex reality $83
3.0 KG to Middle East  You claim:  $64    Fedex reality $148
5.0 KG to Middle East  You claim:  $93    Fedex reality $209

Clearly something doesn't add up with your claim that shipping to the above "countries are at cost price.'

Bitcoin needs more merchants,  and I hope you are an honest one,  but the evidence above leads me to think otherwise.
If you intend to have a successful business,  you will need to address items 1 and 2 right away.

I will respond in detail once I am in front of my computer again in a couple of hours (currently browsing on my phone). Just wanted to let you know that I've seen your post and am not ignoring it. Cheers.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:26:16 AM

I just want to say that MemoryDealer has a good point and I hope OP delivers.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:56:57 AM

I believe the OP will. The website has as a lot of detail & products listed. Scammers are normally lazy people who don't tend to make such a effort. The site would of only generated 1 income most likely, because it would of been called out to be a scam if it was. Unless they were hoping on a rush buying spree.

I think the site is legit just because of that reason. I'm looking forward to seeing the response. Yet the pricing doesn't seem right and may be a mistake.
CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 06:25:05 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 07:24:58 AM by CoinsForTech

OK guys I'm back in front of the computer and ready to answer any questions you may have!

Quote from: CoinsForTech
1.  No contact information on your website.
By far the easiest way of communicating to us is via email. We are based in Australia, meaning that our admin staff is generally asleep while the majority of our consumers are browsing our website (also the reason it has taken so long to respond here). If you really want to talk over the phone that can be arranged, however at this stage email will definitely work best. If our store is well-received we will be outsourcing support staff, however this will only happen if CoinsForTech.com proves profitable.
Quote from: MemoryDealers

We do not list an address as we don't really have one worth promoting. As most of our work is done online, our business is operated in a home-office. I do not want to list my personal address for the world to see, however it is looking like it may come to that. We do have a returns address which is:

PO Box 91
Red Hill
Qld, Australia 4059

We do not carry any of the stock that is listed on our website, rather we have an agreement with a wholesaler (similar to your agreement with Ingram Micro). This allows us to look and act like a big retailer whilst not actually being one. We are not a million dollar company (yet Wink) and we do not have huge warehouses like MemoryDealers does to advertise our location. We do however have access to warehouses full of stock.

We do not have a phone number listed due to the timezone difference in Australia. However, we've had several emails today so far so it is something I will look into. We expected that a phone number would not be of much use as we thought we would be sleeping when most of our customers are online.

To put it simply, CoinsForTech.com is not operated out of a standard office/warehouse, and to protect mine and my partners security and privacy, I am against advertising our address.

If anybody would like to place an order but has doubts (which is not surprising given our huge inventory and lack of reputation), I would be very happy to use a trusted forum member to Escrow the first few transactions.

As mentioned above, the WhoisGuard was free with our domain registration with NameCheap. It is now obvious that this was a mistake and it has been removed. The more confidence we can get the better, especially while CoinsForTech is not a trusted name, and the WhoisGuard seems to be a massive hurdle to that.

Having said this, bitmit.net has a private domain registration, do you think they are any less of a company? How about CoinGig.com?

I understand that our WhoisGuard did not do a lot to enable consumer confidence, but please do not think we are scammers because of it. Regardless it has been removed now.

DHL's rates are similar.

Well they are not shipped from Australia. In Australia electronics, among other things, are close to the most expensive in the world.

Products are shipped from Asia. Depending on the product, it will be shipped from Taiwan, Philippines, Japan or Hong Kong.

This is why we are unable to source the Canon EOS Rebel T3i (as it is for the North American market only), but we are able to source the Canon EOS EOS 600D (identical camera for Asia) and the Canon Kiss X5 (identical camera for Japan).  This is true for many of our products and they will never be labelled incorrectly. IE we won't advertise the 600D as a Rebel T3i.

I hope that has put some of your doubts to rest!

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 06:29:44 AM

I believe the OP will. The website has as a lot of detail & products listed. Scammers are normally lazy people who don't tend to make such a effort. The site would of only generated 1 income most likely, because it would of been called out to be a scam if it was. Unless they were hoping on a rush buying spree.

I think the site is legit just because of that reason. I'm looking forward to seeing the response. Yet the pricing doesn't seem right and may be a mistake.

Hi mate. Thanks for the confidence.

We did put far too many hours into the website to run away as soon as people start to ask us questions!!

I hope we are able to service this community for a long, long time.

EDIT: Didn't see your mention of our prices. They are not a mistake, do you mind I ask why you think that?

The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:39:05 PM

Great website! Good luck with your project

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:21:46 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 02:19:18 AM by CoinsForTech

Great website! Good luck with your project

Thanks! Hoping to see some reviews on our website soon Smiley

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 11:00:46 PM

Apple Mac Mini range has now been added to the store! They can be viewed here.

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 02:00:16 PM

The Canon EOS 100D has just been added to the store. The EOS 100D is identical to the Rebel SL1 in North America and is the worlds smallest and lightest DSLR camera. We've got some huge discounts over the big retailers for Canon's latest digital SLR!

Canon EOS 100D Body Only Identical to Canon EOS Rebel SL1
CoinsForTech:    $566
Amazon:           $649

Canon EOS 100D 18-55mm IS STM Lens Kit Identical to Canon EOS Rebel SL1
CoinsForTech:    $662
Amazon:           $749

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:55:29 PM

Happy to confirm that we've received our first order and are looking to ship it today!

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:55:48 PM

I guess I might be your new customer in the near future. Wink I need some electronics!
CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 03:10:27 AM

I guess I might be your new customer in the near future. Wink I need some electronics!

Really happy to hear that! We've now processed another order and will hopefully have some feedback soon. If I can answer any questions for you please don't hesitate to ask!

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 11:01:27 PM

Another order processed over the weekend from our thread on Reddit  Grin

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:45:27 AM

Happy to confirm that we've received our first order and are looking to ship it today!

congrats.
will tell my friends about your site.
http://coinsfortech.com/product-category/mobile-phones/samsung-phones/

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:55:18 AM

congrats.
will tell my friends about your site.
http://coinsfortech.com/product-category/mobile-phones/samsung-phones/

Thanks ninjaboon! The more happy customers the merrier  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: