Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:12:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PPC is a good buy.  (Read 1783 times)
Luckybit (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:35:59 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 02:16:42 AM by Luckybit

It's going to rise for sure with the rise in difficulty. It's going to have it's difficulty rise because of ASICs and because it's more profitable to mine than Bitcoin. It's supply is controlled by its difficulty. It's price is determined by supply and demand.

Demand is going to rise because PPC is more stable than Bitcoin and while Bitcoin is crashing down, people will put their Bitcoin into PPC. On top of that, when you find out your ASICs are now obsolete for Bitcoin that only leaves PPC to mine.

PPC is going to become incredibly scarce incredibly fast this summer. If demand stays the same the price will double. If demand increases it could get over $1 or even up to $3. It has 19 million coins like Litecoin but with a lower rate of inflation than Litecoin. It's not vulnerable to 51% attacks and it's very stable in it's price without much volaility.

My original prediction (check the date and look at the charts to confirm I know what I'm talking about):

Price is determined by market cap and the total coins in circulation. If PPcoin has more total coins in circulation than the market cap then the price of each coin will remain under a dollar. The inflation rate of PPcoin is still high, this means if you're waiting for PPcoins to be worth a dollar anytime soon the difficulty will have to go up sharply within months along with the market cap.

There are 19 million PPcoins but PPcoin has a shrinking market cap which just lost 11.02%!

Just have a look at the charts. http://coinmarketcap.com/

This is a signal to mine PPcoins but do not buy them because the price is going to drop into the single digits soon. Mine them while the difficulty is very low and the inflation rate is high, because eventually the difficulty will be high and you'll have no choice but to buy. The main focus of the PPcoin community should be to increase market cap as quickly as possible. Get businesses to accept PPcoin and build businesses around PPcoin or the prices will continue to drop on your investment if you bought PPcoins.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg2320294#msg2320294

And then I wrote:

Just watch, in the next week the price is going to go down even more and it's all because the inflation rate increases while the market cap is shrinking that you have the signal that this about to happen. The supply is going to increase while the demand will decrease which lowers the price. This will continue to happen until the difficulty rises in such a way that the supply doesn't increase faster than demand.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg2323216#msg2323216

The difficulty is going up sharply. The marketcap will lag behind but when it goes up as well the price will shoot up to $1 or more. I made the post to buy PPC because I believe Sunny King has been proven correct with his difficulty formula. He knew ASICs were on the way when he designed PPC and designed PPC to take advantage of this fact within the PPC algorithm itself which is adjusted according to Moore's law and not some arbitrary way.  No one listened to me when I said PPC would go down into the single digits and no one listened to me when I said it would rise, now I'm saying it will go to $1 and buy.

I don't know how long this will take and anything could happen, so don't buy more than you can afford to lose. But I've bought in.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:41:51 AM

edit: what exchange is good to buy ppc?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:19:40 AM

edit: what exchange is good to buy ppc?

BTC-E https://btc-e.com
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:21:59 AM

ok...  ppc did just break out. so this is something certainly to watch.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=6-months&resolution=day&pair=ppc-btc&market=btc-e

i wish i could use btce from within ripple as it makes things easier.  just add btce as issuer and i'm good to go.

too bad btce doesn't support ripple as of yet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:29:05 AM

Isn't PPC one of those coins, like Freicoin, that are based on failed Keynesian principles, something about deflating currency not promoting rampant consumerism, and hoarding being bad rather than a natural liquidity provision/removal mechanism?
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not too familiar with the concept of this one.
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:34:14 AM

What exactly is ppc coin?

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:39:13 AM

It hasn't stood out by itself like what LTC did in the past. The recent rise is because btc price drops. Other useless coins like TRC, FC are rising along with PPC too, looks more like typical btc-e pump-dump scheme.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:51:55 AM

Isn't PPC one of those coins, like Freicoin, that are based on failed Keynesian principles, something about deflating currency not promoting rampant consumerism, and hoarding being bad rather than a natural liquidity provision/removal mechanism?

This is it in a nutshell.  Fairly spot-on.

PPC:  "Look, I'm in a nutshell!"

a heh.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:52:34 AM

This is it in a nutshell.  Fairly spot-on.

PPC:  "Look, I'm in a nutshell!"

a heh.

Freicoin is a fork of PPC, IIRC (and I probably don't)

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:57:02 AM

It's also an implementation of the Proof-of-stake system as an alternative method to decide who signs transactions.

Crypt_Current

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:01:37 AM

I might actually mine some PPC / NVC when my BFL units finally arrive  Wink Cheesy

Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:02:29 AM

Not quite. PPC is deflationary because although there is no cap on the supply, the supply is controlled by Moore's law which basically caps the supply by lowing the inflation rate so low that it's even lower than Litecoin. Essentially the inflation rate determines scarcity not just the total supply. The total supply is at 19 million which is equal to Litecoin but the price isn't equal to Litecoin yet. That means there is a lot of room for profit if you buy at these prices and it reaches $3.

Because PPC will be mined with ASICs, GPU miners will have to switch to Litecoin. Basically PPC's market cap and difficulty determine the price. Difficulty determines the scarcity while the market cap shows the demand. If it's scarce and in high demand the price rises.

It's in higher demand because Bitcoin prices fall and people use PPC as a store of value because it's better at that than Bitcoin or Litecoin.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:04:15 AM

Not quite. PPC is deflationary because although there is no cap on the supply, the supply is controlled by Moore's law which basically caps the supply by lowing the inflation rate so low that it's even lower than Litecoin. Essentially the inflation rate determines scarcity not just the total supply. The total supply is at 19 million which is equal to Litecoin but the price isn't equal to Litecoin yet. That means there is a lot of room for profit if you buy at these prices and it reaches $3.

Because PPC will be mined with ASICs, GPU miners will have to switch to Litecoin. Basically PPC's market cap and difficulty determine the price. Difficulty determines the scarcity while the market cap shows the demand. If it's scarce and in high demand the price rises.

It's in higher demand because Bitcoin prices fall and people use PPC as a store of value because it's better at that than Bitcoin or Litecoin.

Not quite sure on the truth of that bolded statement; i thought LTC was something like 80 M total supply?

Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:05:07 AM

It hasn't stood out by itself like what LTC did in the past. The recent rise is because btc price drops. Other useless coins like TRC, FC are rising along with PPC too, looks more like typical btc-e pump-dump scheme.

The difference is PPC stays up while those other coins swing back and forth within the same day. PPC price is very stable over a period of weeks. The only thing to worry about with PPC is creating more ways to invest it and more reasons to buy it so demand stays high without having it be based on Bitcoin prices dropping.
Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:06:32 AM

Not quite sure on the truth of that bolded statement; i thought LTC was something like 80 M total supply?

The supply right now for both coins is 19 million. The total cap for LTC is 80 million and there is no cap on PPC because difficulty will rise so high that the inflation rate will slow it so it may not ever get over 100 million.
Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:08:38 AM

Something worth nothing cannot be a good buy, can it?

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:09:05 AM

Something worth nothing cannot be a good buy, can it?

Teehee
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

What happens when ASIC miners drive difficulty up so high and quit, making the next retarget never come? Remember Namecoin before it was merge mined?
Why would difficulty be any factor for price? Scarcity is apparently a non-issue currently so that is irrelevant.

Luckybit (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:28:19 AM

What happens when ASIC miners drive difficulty up so high and quit, making the next retarget never come? Remember Namecoin before it was merge mined?
Why would difficulty be any factor for price? Scarcity is apparently a non-issue currently so that is irrelevant.

Why would they quit?

They'll mine with Bitcoin and when Bitcoin isn't profitable anymore because of the vastly steep difficulty rise then they'll switch their ASICS to PPC and when PPC isn't profitable anymore they'll go to the next SHA256 coin. The point is they have no choice but to go from Bitcoin to PPC and all those USB BlockErupters have to mine something and it sure as hell won't be Bitcoin. What about the little singles coming out which will probably already be obsolete for Bitcoin by the time people receive them? More hash for PPC.

The ASICs from BFL will end up hashing PPC if people are smart. If people aren't so smart they'll mine BTC at a loss. I say buy PPC now and bet on them mining PPC. When there is a critical mass of miners behind PPC the market cap will go up just as it has with LTC because it seems mining is the key to developing an economy. Once stuff is mined then people start looking for places to spend their mined coins and then people realize their 1000 coins worth @$0.20 could be worth $3000 @$3 if they just built a few sites.
ft73

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:00:48 AM

It's going to rise for sure with the rise in difficulty. It's going to have it's difficulty rise because of ASICs and because it's more profitable to mine than Bitcoin. It's supply is controlled by its difficulty. It's price is determined by supply and demand.

Demand is going to rise because PPC is more stable than Bitcoin and while Bitcoin is crashing down, people will put their Bitcoin into PPC. On top of that, when you find out your ASICs are now obsolete for Bitcoin that only leaves PPC to mine.

PPC is going to become incredibly scarce incredibly fast this summer. If demand stays the same the price will double. If demand increases it could get over $1 or even up to $3. It has 19 million coins like Litecoin but with a lower rate of inflation than Litecoin. It's not vulnerable to 51% attacks and it's very stable in it's price without much volaility.

Nice find, but you're already a bit too late ...  we are 100% over recent low.
TRC got up too. Next turn FTC (despite i the fact consider it as an absolute scamcoin).
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=3-months&resolution=day&pair=ftc-btc&market=vircurex
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: