Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:44:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receive BTC payments anonymously?  (Read 588 times)
royromales

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:25:19 AM

It's a bit suspicious that you're receiving money from an anonymous person and you do not know where he gets the money you're receiving I think I will not accept the money especially when I do not know the person

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:36:29 AM

I don’t see the point of using such service. Firstly, we don’t know whether the platform is safe. And if you want to receive BTC anonymously, you can create a BTC address every time you receive a payment.

Yes, i am not pretty sure with such kind of service since we can make anonymous transaction by our self without the platform.
And i also highlight the fee, why fee is too expensive recently? 0.0025 is not small amount i thought.
im3cpo (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:56:06 AM

First off: I appreciate the owner of setgetgo responding to people in this thread!

Second, I wanted to say my initial reference to receiving BTC payments anonymously via setgetgo was, in retrospect, not the best use of verbiage (on my part).. What I was trying to convey is merchants who decide to keep their BTC become targets due to how easily it is to check how much is in their wallet. Want to know how much money wikileaks has? You could simply go through the motions of a transaction, get their wallet id, and proceed to do the legwork to see how much is in said wallet. Or how about that entity that has a BTC address posted for donations? Again, same problem. With setgetgo, no one knows the wallet they are sending the money to, so there is a higher degree of obfuscation. Yes, you can do something similar with Trezor but only on a single use basis which wont scale with the scenarios I outlined above.

So sorry to the setgetgo creator for the inadvertent misunderstandings on my part.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:11:01 AM

I stumbled across a website (www.setgetgo.com) that lets you receive BTC payments through payment links/buttons or API. Whats cool about it is all you need to do is provide them a BTC wallet address you want to receive payment in, what BTC amount you want to receive, and it will generate the HTML you need to put a link or buy now button! First thing that came to mind was to use this for e-bay transactions you want to be paid in BTC. Their fee is very reasonable (0.0025 BTC per transaction) and you dont need to sign up or provide them any information. I suppose you could also do this to hide how much BTC is in your wallet as no one knows which wallet is receiving the payment. Pretty slick!

I am not affiliated with the site in any way, I just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on this as I hadnt seen something like this before now.

That is something that should be sipervised and investigated. i dont trust quickly things hat are like this especially if the rules of the game are too simple to earn profits because I dont believe in easy cash as the site is offering to us btc holders

maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:14:06 AM

I dont think i can trust the site that you gave in this thread, i dont think you can have a anonymous payment in btc, there are much more popular and trusted bitcoin mixer out there that are much more stable and has a lot of users using the mixer.
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:16:40 AM

I stumbled across a website (www.setgetgo.com) that lets you receive BTC payments through payment links/buttons or API. Whats cool about it is all you need to do is provide them a BTC wallet address you want to receive payment in, what BTC amount you want to receive, and it will generate the HTML you need to put a link or buy now button! First thing that came to mind was to use this for e-bay transactions you want to be paid in BTC. Their fee is very reasonable (0.0025 BTC per transaction) and you dont need to sign up or provide them any information. I suppose you could also do this to hide how much BTC is in your wallet as no one knows which wallet is receiving the payment. Pretty slick!

I am not affiliated with the site in any way, I just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on this as I hadnt seen something like this before now.
Obviously it is impossible to know you we're going or doijg the transaction by the use of bitcoin technology the cryptocurrency being send or the virtual money is just going to leave a address to the users so obviously you could send a virtual money or currency anonymously in this new technology meaning it could be use also illegally.
youghten

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:02:27 PM

I don't find the need to be anonymous and even if I do, there is no need to pay 0.0025 BTC to be anonymous when we could use wallets which supports features like multi-sig, generating new address every time etc.. Wallets like mycelium and coinbase are free to download and generates new addresses for every transaction. The addresses are automatically saved in the wallet and can be used n number of times.

coinbase only exchange site and it’s risky to save/use your money using it.

multi-sig is your solve just google it and will find what you need or use mycelium.
g-uid

Activity: 259
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:47:24 PM

That is something that should be sipervised and investigated. i dont trust quickly things hat are like this especially if the rules of the game are too simple to earn profits because I dont believe in easy cash as the site is offering to us btc holders

I understand everybody's viewpoints, short of you using SetGetGo and seeing for yourselves that we are not scamming anyone but simply providing the service of a payment processor with fixed fees and not a payment processor with percentage-based fees (which gets REALLY expensive!). Merchants are getting the short end of the stick from the big payment processors out there so we are trying to level the playing field and give players more choices.

Have to stress once more that we are not offering anonymization services. We designed our service so that it was really easy to get going (no account required) and not to facilitate obfuscation of the paper trail from one Bitcoin user to another.

We're working on getting a Money Transmitter license in the US. This requires a couple of things that may go a long way to proving our good faith in this arena. This includes criminal history of the owners of the company along with a significant bond and insurance.

Will keep you all posted when it happens!
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:22:53 PM

if you have skills use this site it is trusted and many users can give you bitcoin

stay away from this sites .
Nowadays thousands of new sites are coming, people are inventing it in a hurry and many are eating and eating and sometimes their wallet and hacking.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

A newbie account promoting a site and saying not affiliated in any way, is that kind of a joke?

Btw I ever heard of bitcoin cleaning, that you btc is send to some service with large customers who's also doing so and they will send it back to you

It is still traceable, but will be a bit hard to do
Btw buying btc from miners will give you a clean btc Grin

g-uid

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:30:30 PM

A newbie account promoting a site and saying not affiliated in any way, is that kind of a joke?

Btw I ever heard of bitcoin cleaning, that you btc is send to some service with large customers who's also doing so and they will send it back to you

It is still traceable, but will be a bit hard to do
Btw buying btc from miners will give you a clean btc Grin

We are facilitating payments between a merchant and their customers. We are not an anonymizing service.

I don't understand your joke.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:50:58 PM

Receiving Bitcoins payments anonymously is a lucky moment in life since you have a free bitcoins in certain circumstances without exerting too much effort;
but is it better to return this bitcoin to the owner because it is the right thing to do.
Opquar

Activity: 385

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:55:06 PM

Looks like an advertisment thread. Some random user posting a review claiming he is not affiliated with the website in question but gives it a glowing recommendation anyway, complete with another user affiliated with the webside which defends said website without even thanking the original poster for his recommendation.
g-uid

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:25:14 PM

Looks like an advertisment thread. Some random user posting a review claiming he is not affiliated with the website in question but gives it a glowing recommendation anyway, complete with another user affiliated with the webside which defends said website without even thanking the original poster for his recommendation.

Quick question, why would we use a supposedly fake user to write a post which sets up our service to offer something that we keep saying we do not do? We are not an anonymizer or a Bitcoin mixer.

The purpose of our service is to facilitate payments between a merchant and their customers. We do so at a fixed fee and not as a percentage.

If anyone has any questions regarding our service or suggestions for improvement please don't hesitate to get in touch. Incidentally, next week we are lowing our fee temporarily to 0.00125BTC.
im3cpo (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:34:55 AM

I understand I dont have a lot of posts here, and while I get the point you are trying to make I was simply trying to share something I thought would be of interest to people here. According to your logic, I'm *not* supposed to post until I have more posts?!?!? Help me out here....
jennywhzz

Activity: 415

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:40:32 PM

One suggestion never trust strange sites. If any sites provides you some features without doing anything then its a scam sites. Nobody is free in this world to gives you benefits without any reason. Just be carefully when joining any plat form especially if its bitcoins. You don't need to put your entire information your wallet will be track and can be hacked while using giving passwords
g-uid

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:48:44 PM

FYI, we've lowered our fee down to 0.0005BTC and are working to get it down even further.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: