Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:07:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 - the end of 90% altcoin?  (Read 19915 times)
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:36:48 PM

i think altcoin still exist if most people interest to speculating them, if they all know altcoin just speculating they will be leave it. And altcoin will die
sorry for my bad english

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

No need to wait until 2019, in 2018 many of the altcoin and tokens will have disappeared.
Positive: the remaining 10%

Agreed. Too many scam ICOs and lousy altcoins and the investing/mining community would have become more discerning.

The suckers would have lost their money and the scammers would have already made their bundle by then.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:43:49 PM

Seriously, i can't really argue this with you because a lot of this ico and team don't really have plan to develop them. So i wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
Ribad

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

Yeah most of the altcoin will probably go out of steem as most of the coins available are speculations with no product to deliver. A coin need a tech dev and community to survive and marketing to pump.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.

2020 is still too long to discuss about altcoin or ico project. maybe just discuss next year first what will happen.
 i was thinking if ico continue fall down while they are listed in market, it will make believe of ico decrease and that is the bad impact. i am so worry about that.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:57:34 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

No doubt, the number of ICOs launching has crossed limits and most of the new coins have such fantasy visions which can never be brought to ground even with hundreds of millions of investment.
But it is wrong to predict that all altcoins will sail in single boat and fall in the deep chasm. I see every month at least 2-3 projects do launch showing great potential and utility, like VLB and IndaHash at the moment. So till 2019, I predict there will be over 3K coins on CoinMarketCap, mostly shitty but we will have at least 200 coins having much more worth than they have today! So start picking right coins from now, BTC and ETH are not only possibilities. There are still loads of coins which can give you 10-20x profits.
Hrin

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:58:31 PM

The fundamentals of business do not change. 95% of startups fail for many reasons. ICOs are no different - they are based on the same business rules. It should come as no surprise that 95% of ICOs will fail - no need to wait for 2019 or 2018, it is happening even as we speak. Which is why it is always good to diversify - even if you picked the top 100 ICOs to invest in, even if 95% of them fail, that 5% would have increased by 1000s% which would still provide you with good enough profits to cover the projects you picked that failed.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:00:48 PM

I don't think so Smiley). The number of altcoin is increasing day by day so I think until 2019 the number of altcoin on the cryptocurrency market will be doubled or maybe tripled than at the moment, for now there are about more than 1300 altcoin that mean in 2019 it'll be 2600 or more than 3000 altcoins Smiley). I also agree that there are a lot of trash altcoins but also a lot of good altcoins are there so I think in 2019 is not the time for ending of 90% of altcoin Cheesy

Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:00:52 PM

I think the same way but not particularly in 2019 because of the lack of regulations for ICOs today. We have already a thousand Crypto-Currencies in the world and soon there's more to come so the volume of Cyrpto-Currencies are too many and the competition is very tough so I think soon enough some ICOs will be vanished and the Top Altcoins will remain as the official Crypto-Currency of the world.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:01:00 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

Because of the ongoing spread of the ICO scam it is certain that there will be no interest in joining the ICO. So it's possible that this happens so in the year 2019 there will be a lot of changes. Bitcoins can increase the price even more, Many stores will accept it. And companies will make the payment option for bitcoins for their services. So it will have a big impact on us.
Bastime

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:04:50 PM

I don't think so Smiley). The number of altcoin is increasing day by day so I think until 2019 the number of altcoin on the cryptocurrency market will be doubled or maybe tripled than at the moment, for now there are about more than 1300 altcoin that mean in 2019 it'll be 2600 or more than 3000 altcoins Smiley). I also agree that there are a lot of trash altcoins but also a lot of good altcoins are there so I think in 2019 is not the time for ending of 90% of altcoin Cheesy

Actually, It's hard to conclude that most ICOs should not be in  the wild today but people would like to make their own flavor of projects that will focus on a specific field.
ICOs should be regulated but seems it's very hard  to implement due to very limited jurisdictions of states and governments although some countries are already regulated ICOs or even banning Bitcoin, ICOs will soon be eliminated and time will come that only the Top Crypto-Currencies will stay because people would love to invest and use it when it is proven useful anyway.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

GetOutOfMyLife

Activity: 210
Merit: 110

Safein Community Manager

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:06:32 PM

Nope, ICO is new and all most of them seem as like alt coin. Many ICO like scam and HYIP. For me, Altcoin not shitcoin. I only and always using stable "altcoin" like ETH, LTC, XMR, ETC, DOGE, DASH... And i believe they never ending before any ICO coin. I am sure some lending coin ICO will scam soon xD.

Safein              A REVOLUTIONARY WAY TO PAY ONLINE   ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶
[ Whitepaper ]         M A K E   I S I M P L E         [ Google Play ]
_____________________________________ FACEBOOK _______ TWITTER _______ TELEGRAM _____________________________________
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:06:56 PM

Yes in the 2017 we have seen a lot of new ICO, and a lot of them are fake or scam
Of course the scam tokens will die soon, but big and real projects have a big future
We only need to choice the right ICO , see the roadmap, read the whitepaper and read about the team before investing
Bastime

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:06:59 PM

Because of the ongoing spread of the ICO scam it is certain that there will be no interest in joining the ICO. So it's possible that this happens so in the year 2019 there will be a lot of changes. Bitcoins can increase the price even more, Many stores will accept it. And companies will make the payment option for bitcoins for their services. So it will have a big impact on us.

I agree, the ICO competition is getting more complicated and more difficult to invite investors because the projects are actually almost the same. So if ICOs will not be regulated then time will come that there would be no ICOs are created instead we'll support the existing Currencies that has been already proven their effectiveness.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:14:03 PM

Nope, ICO is new and all most of them seem as like alt coin. Many ICO like scam and HYIP. For me, Altcoin not shitcoin. I only and always using stable "altcoin" like ETH, LTC, XMR, ETC, DOGE, DASH... And i believe they never ending before any ICO coin. I am sure some lending coin ICO will scam soon xD.

I presume that even there's a lot of ICOs going on in the wild but still there are also more effective projects hasn't yet launched.
The team core will be possibly overcome and able to compete existing Crypto-Currencies. I even found out in some social media that they are promoting their project with full effort and the community itself are growing.
For me, the community is the best criteria of being an effective project because people would like to support all the way.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

adsdas

Activity: 337

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:14:53 PM

No, I dont think so. Although many people use ICOs to cheat money from investors, I don't think 90% altcoins will die. That's a wrong prediction

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:24:22 PM

The ICO investment will give us huge profits in short term but as you said many of the ICO projects are failed that is due to not enough effort from the development if someone need to keep their coin alive they must have proper development and good contact support for the investors which will give their project to succeed and the investors also will get profited.But most of the ICO founders starting the project for just earning money then they leave their project stranded after got enough money so we need to invest on good ICO for earning profits.
The BTC and ETH investment need to be long term then only we can earn good profits but in this investment the risk is very less when compared to ICO investment so many people are investing on bitcoin and ethereum.So many of the unsuccessful coins may become extinct in some years or as you said by 2019.

I think not all altcoins would disappear. There are still some strong altcoins amongst a bunch of altcoins available now like Eth and Waves to name a few. ICO, on the other hand, has been really bad because most people are focused on bitcoin now because of its soaring price. That is why altcoins right now doesn't get that much attention.

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:25:36 PM

I cannot find the threads but I remember when I first came to this forum, a lot of talks was going on about the death of ICOs from 2016 and the death of alts related to them. But here we are now about to close the year and we are nowhere near the death of anything.

We have in the top 100 coins more than half born from ICO projects, including ETH of course. But yes, we are expecting incredible amounts of prototypes and finished products by 2018, with even more scheduled for 2019. Billions of ICO funding already raised, so expectations are very high. We can expect a lot of promises to be broken. Then a lot of investors will be burnt MORE than they already are this year.

Will people learn? HYIPs say "there are new idiots born every minute".

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:27:06 PM

Most altcoin will die because we do not use it in our daily lives and it's purely a financial game. Of course, we can also profit from ICO.

Damm that Dogecoin that's refusing to die. It should be renamed Zombie coin since it keeps rising up again seasonally. But look at that Dash rally, it's dead alright.

HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:40:34 PM

they will slowly die... I know some ICOs from this year or last year which are already dead...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: