Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 - the end of 90% altcoin?  (Read 19915 times)
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:40:44 PM

Today alcoin industry seems like bitcoin childhoood - low cap, low identity. But I think that industy will grow, so 2019 will be BEGINNING for altcoin era, there are lot ICOs now, only the strongest survive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:05:25 PM

I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.
BTC will probably become an altcoin in a few years, since its main value right now is speculation, to be honest.

treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:10:44 PM

I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.
BTC will probably become an altcoin in a few years, since its main value right now is speculation, to be honest.

Bitcoin will never be an Alt, it may lose value and other coins may overtake its price, but it will always be a trailblazer and record setter. Without bitcoin in its current form, there will be no cryptocurrency market, and we won't be year trying to speculate.

That said, a lot of ICO's, I predict over 90% will fail. I fear for investors, those who spread their risk will be fine, some will be lucky, a lot will lose.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:14:32 PM

Oh really you seems worst ICO preacher here. Whatever the altcoins comes in the market you would see the other coins in the platform bitcoin. If you check the coinmarketcap you will find the all the altcoins in ethereum platform only buddy. None of the altcoins will not be touch the scratch of bitcoin in the technology.
Because of bitcoin and satoshi only you guys are seeing the all the altcoins now in the market so anytime under estimate the bitcoin and keep it mind always.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
cryptofuturologist

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:27:34 PM

It seems to me that 50 percent of alternative coins will die in 2018. They already look very bad now. People now believe only bitcoin, because its price is growing rapidly

Altrader

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:35:19 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

ICO and altcoins are one of many way to increase our Bitcoin and ethereum,
so, i think its depends on people demands on cryptocurrency

▒║HONOR✹JUBS║ DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM OF ON-DEMAND WORK ║▒ Pre-ICO ⏩ January 15 ▒║
║▒ BTT ANNBountyFacebookTwitterSlackTelegramDownload App▒║ICO ⏩ Feb 19 - Mar 12║▒
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:37:53 PM

It seems to me that most of the coins will be die just because they are useless.
tororoshka

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 05:56:27 PM

And I was so hoping that we are at the beginning of the development of cryptocurrencies. Sad But I agree with you, if the coin developers do not follow their road map and do not fulfill their obligation, then the future of such a coin is death.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

It's just a matter of time, but I think we are too early yet to see any kind of mega bursts of the cryptocurrency market as a whole:

We would need to grow several orders of magnitudes for me to start being worried about a real bubble burst. The real good news is, Bitcoin is the Amazon of crypto, meaning that it will make higher highs after the overall market crash. In fact, it may absorb all the bubbled money on altcoins like we've seen before, but multiplied by x1000. By then LN will be operative and getting funds out of other coins and into BTC will be trivial, fast and cheap. BTC is hitting 6 figures during the next decade, it's pretty obvious at this point.
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:02:52 PM

I think in 2019 altcoin could have ended or it might have gotten better, but it seems that if it ends it is certain because altcoin in the future can be less attractive. this is just my opinion   Grin

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
albermaze

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 06:05:19 PM

So you mean that it is worthless to invest in ICO's as 90% of all projects will fail to deliver their product. I've just started to look into this market... and it looks like too late?
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:09:42 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

I don't know when altcoin end, but if 2019 ended ( maybe ) I have enough fund to start a new way created another income, so nothing to worry about it ( for me ). My strategy is keep collect btc & eth and grow up it with trading/ investment way. I never invest to ICO because I need more time to see they survive. I suggest keep away from invest with ICO just join the bounty program to get it with free. Have a nice day.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:36:32 PM

we will see a lot of coins die off this year, all the ones who can show no progress or working product will begin to die. The big powerhouse coins will be able to survive though
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:50:01 PM

99% of ICOs are not altcoins, but they are tokens. Many ICO organizers will have legal problems soon. Those that gathered lots of money will of course easily pay penalties. those with little money will have serious problems.
wRexz

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 07:14:35 PM

It will not happen, if cryptocurrency still one of the promising business based on blockchain. We can see many new cryptocurrency grow  so fast, even we can not think how many newly token or cryptocoin born everyday, this means so many company see crypto world the fastest way to grow our business.
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:21:10 PM

Yes, definitely. The next two years are very important for the future of alt-coins and bitcoin in general. There will be a lot more people that will become more knowledgeable about the crypto currency world and I think most of the trash/scam altcoins will die out. Only a select few that actually adds value and tackles the problems that bitcoins have will have people that will continue to invest in them.

Nows the perfect time to get in. A lot of money can be made, but the same amount can be lost. Just be careful and know the next couple years will shape the future of crypo currencies.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:58:50 PM

Which one of these ICO's ever delivered at all? Cheesy Almost 99% of all the ICO's have no real project or a real product to show to the investors, Only thing people are looking for by investing on these ICO's is having the chance to dump on exchanges for profit. I've done the same thing over4 and over, And I'm sure that the only people buying them back from investors are the same development teams. But where these profits come from? After bitcoin I'm sure governments will crack down on ICO's one by one or all of them at once and then they will go away.
sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:02:39 PM

Some of the coins existed in 2017 already died because their teams were not solid ones and they couldn't resist the pressure.

I agree with you, lots of them will die in 2018, 2019 and 2020. The result will be disappointing.
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:39:11 PM

It's just a matter of time, but I think we are too early yet to see any kind of mega bursts of the cryptocurrency market as a whole:
We would need to grow several orders of magnitudes for me to start being worried about a real bubble burst. The real good news is, Bitcoin is the Amazon of crypto, meaning that it will make higher highs after the overall market crash. In fact, it may absorb all the bubbled money on altcoins like we've seen before, but multiplied by x1000. By then LN will be operative and getting funds out of other coins and into BTC will be trivial, fast and cheap. BTC is hitting 6 figures during the next decade, it's pretty obvious at this point.
Yep still it took about 10 years for IBM, Apple and Amazon to regain the price of their stocks. But we are well far from the red line with cryptomarket. Also I think that although BTC (with 2-3 other leaders of the market) will absorb value of alts after the "crash" it will not multiply them 'cause to that timeline they all will be overpriced.
RobbieDK

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:43:22 PM

At some point people will turn their back to the most altcoins and invest in the long term projects. Like the  top20 and some hard working smaller projects. For now it is one happy family, but at some point only the strongest will survive.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: