Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: shopping with BTC  (Read 1364 times)
LUXMICOIN

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:24:04 AM

many company in usa acceting bitcoin as payment.but as bitcoin prize rissing .its better to hold.it not for spent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:39:23 AM

Instantaneous shopping with BTC is not possible at the moment. You'll probably wait for hours just to get a cup of coffee.
There has to be an intermediary system to speed up transaction speed at the background than waiting for blockchain to verify transactions.

Crypto card will be a good solution for real time shopping.

bitcoin is still improving and upgrading in order for it soon to be used in an offline environment with much faster responce time. that is why there were still segwit and hardforks that occurs from time to time. some big companies offline or online are still dont use bitcoins to their payment options because they know and understand the consequencies they might face. also price fluctuations due to volatility is another problem here next to processing time although they can still adjust the transaction fee and put a high amount on it in order for the transaction to process faster or they can use some third party bitcoin transaction accelerator online to speed it up even more though some of these elite and premium service will cost much.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:48:28 AM

Read an article about this although I forgot the exact names and places I got the main point that people or businesses willing to accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment they need to automatically convert it to Fiat currency in order to avoid earning unnecessary gains when its price appreciates. It is actually good if a country's government required these businesses by law to do so as they are actually will earn more if they buy and sell Bitcoin after earning it from you. I am on the government's side of it as it is a way to avoid abuse of its volatility.
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:20:35 AM

It depends upon the bitcoin holder whether they use their bitcoin or not on shopping online. If they want to use it even some online shopping has highest amount. if i were you i only use my bitcoin in important matters like the one that you need to your daily living.
godrey123

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

yes ofcourse. I think it will be much easier to shop in bitcoin.
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:25:35 AM

Sellers should be very happy to accept bitcoins for good, as the value of bitcoins is keeping up and up. Hence, I would expect a bigger return for the sold item paid in bitcoin. It is also good for the buyer as bitcoin has higher purchasing power.

It's always a good thing to shop conveniently. Bitcoin provides one option for people to do that moving away from the usual means like credit/debit cards or online banking transactions. Although bitcoin value has been on an all time high, there are still a few shops and establishments that accept it as a means of payment. I think as it becomes bigger, there will be more and more shops that would accept it in the near future.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

if that's the case then why wouldn't you use cash directly, rather than what you have said and it will only trigger the price of bitcoin to go down, and as of now bitcoin is not a good currency for day to day transactions, but i am also doubting that they will store bitcoins for the future.
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:37:17 AM

If we buy stuff with BTCand the company just sells it for cash right away, it's probably not good for the BTCprice.

What do you think?  Will shopping with BTC be good or bad for BTC?

My concern is not that the bitcoin price will rise or fall, but when more people shop with bitcoin, it will expose the inefficiency of bitcoin transactions and either cause a lot of transactions to fail or the transaction fee will be very high (as an example, last week I waited 4 days for a transaction to confirm). Either way it will be bad for bitcoin (if not disastrous). So I call the bitcoin devs to  improve btc and do it soon; before it's too late and bitcoin gets replaced by some altcoin
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:14:59 AM

If we buy stuff with BTCand the company just sells it for cash right away, it's probably not good for the BTCprice.

What do you think?  Will shopping with BTC be good or bad for BTC?
Though is said to hit the mainstream soon but buying of stuff with bitcoin while the company sells it for cash is definitely not good for bitcoin price because it will literally cause some dump in price of bitcoin.
Going to malls, or other establishments using bitcoin as direct payment in exchange of cash might result to a negative effect on bitcoin price, but this may lead to the  wide introduction of digital currency to the open public, mainly in the market world. If this happens, no one really knows whether it  will create a negative impact on digital currency in general, because proper regulation might takes place, if this happens.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:27:58 AM

Bitcoin right now is best for investment not for payments. Best solutions for payments are stable currency but stable currency must be only centralized.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:39:08 AM

What do you think?  Will shopping with BTC be good or bad for BTC?

Well, i think it wont affect bitcoin in anything, amount or price wise.
Because it is just like a normal buy and sell things, and that is what happen in an exchange everyday. It is just a cycle.
But for the transaction matter, there will be a lot of transaction if this happen, and the question is, can all this transaction be done in a fast and short time? This would hurt bitcoin names if the transaction is slow, as people want for faster and safe transaction with digital currency. So because of that, i would love to see bitcoin has a fast transaction (maybe instant would be better) with an acceptable fees.
DronICO

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:46:58 AM

Adoptation around the world is always good for any type of product. A merchants are forced to cash out their btc for usd since usd is a world leader of currencies. Goverment and taxes are the reason for cashing out theit btc. Once bitcoin will be accepted everywhere and taxes will be billed in bitcoins a merchants will keep it and hodl.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:00:09 PM

Well I think , bitcoin will be used in near future , but know bitcoin is an investments , transaction and etc. Not by payments or what , and the bitcoin price will be affected because of the currency or the cash. In the other hand it's good or profitable , But I think , or I predict I guess , it will be the money of all , the bitcoin I think and we will use it to buy things , to fill our daily needs , and a lot easier.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:07:23 PM

Maybe better to just buy stuff with your cash and not with bitcoin, I think it is not worth it, the seller would have benefited with it because as time flies, she/he also getting profit with the bitcoin you paid him/her. Instead that you are the one that will take of that profit, he/she will take it from you.
Albertartur

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:14:35 PM

I wouldn't spend my Bitcoins to buy things, I would like to wait for its All time high before converting it into Fiat, then there I would buy my self some things.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:19:46 PM

I can't see how shoping with bitcoin could be bad for bitcoin price. Bitcoin is used as a payment method directly or through debit card and that is one of the advantages that attracts users, I would say. Maybe is different story if you exchange bitcoins firts to fiat money and then buy some goods but general I think shoping with bitcoin could only make benefit.

malaj
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:21:13 PM

using bitcoin to pay for the cost is a good thing it will be advantageous for the bitcoiner in the shopping  Grin Grin Grin Grin
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:23:02 PM

If you buy something with BTCs it's already good for BTC price as you are using the currency and moving it on the market, if the seller exchanges it into fiat it's another story... And it's not a problem at all, seems a sustainable system. Bitcoin is always in circulation, people are always using it to buy things, sellers are always exchanging into fiat and other people are always buying BTCs from these sellers to buy more stuff again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:31:13 PM

At this moment , stores that are willing to sell goods/services in exchange with bitcoin are very minimal, might as well save your bitcoin and wait for more stores that would openly accepts bitcoin as payment and would probably result to wide variety of choices . Plus transacting with bitcoin is really slow now and transaction fees are very high, based on my experience.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
ringgo96

Activity: 1540
Merit: 276

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:15:22 PM

It depends upon the bitcoin holder whether they use their bitcoin or not on shopping online. If they want to use it even some online shopping has highest amount. if i were you i only use my bitcoin in important matters like the one that you need to your daily living.

every bitcoin users have their own thoughts, using bitcoin as a medium of buying and selling transactions or not, it is the opinion of anyone who would use it.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀