Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VTX on Havelock rallying!  (Read 4948 times)
enter`name`here

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:43:00 AM

Selling at 0.95 right now. Anyone have any theories as to why?  insider knowledge? I see they lowered their fee's should this not mean lower revenue, or are people expecting more volume because of this?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:45:44 AM

Selling at 0.95 right now. Anyone have any theories as to why?  insider knowledge? I see they lowered their fee's should this not mean lower revenue, or are people expecting more volume because of this?

Merchant API and dividend announcement around the corner. The fact that they lowered their fees means they've made enough cash to fund their aggressive growth. They've made a boat load of cash off those outrageous fees I'm sure.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:27:14 AM

Still smells like a pump to me. Check out the outstanding bids.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:33:39 AM

Most certainly a pump.
Nearly 100% in a matter of 24 hours, for no apparent reason, in fact, immediately AFTER Bitcoin transactions in and out of the site were down for over 100 hours.

Market manipulation, and whoever is doing it, is doing it well.

(just my opinion)
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:14:10 AM

Most certainly a pump.
Nearly 100% in a matter of 24 hours, for no apparent reason, in fact, immediately AFTER Bitcoin transactions in and out of the site were down for over 100 hours.

Market manipulation, and whoever is doing it, is doing it well.

(just my opinion)

Doesn't the fact that people could currently sell into 17 shares @ 80% profit but are choosing to not do so tell you something? I sure won't.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:18:02 PM

Well it's fallen back down again... Here's probably the last chance to get some cheap shares before cavirtex releases their new Merchant API next week!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1jz36j/the_canadian_virtual_exchange_is_seeking_a/
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:07:53 PM

There are no financial reports yet, but with a 30 day volume of 16k btc, 1.5% max fee (3% on both side) - you are looking at an annual revenue of $576k CAD at about 100 CAD / BTC.  Take away lawyers, hosting, salaries, bank fees, etc.  Not sure how much is left as profit if there's even one.

Also, what does the 10000 shares listed in havelock represent in terms of the total stake of the company?
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:26:25 PM

There are no financial reports yet, but with a 30 day volume of 16k btc, 1.5% max fee (3% on both side) - you are looking at an annual revenue of $576k CAD at about 100 CAD / BTC.  Take away lawyers, hosting, salaries, bank fees, etc.  Not sure how much is left as profit if there's even one.

Also, what does the 10000 shares listed in havelock represent in terms of the total stake of the company?

The 10000 represents 10% stake. Also until recently they were raking in 3% fees each way. The fact that they lowered their fees, even after their only competitor, LibertyBit, shutdown is pretty telling that they've got their ducks in a row.

The Merchant API is supposed to be their ticket to becoming the BitPay of Canada, reaching out to Canadian companies who are already upset with current credit cards fees to help spread the word of Bitcoin. They seem like an extremely well run company and they are just about the only company that has a chance of pulling something like this off in Canada. As long as Bitcoin continues to take off this is one company I believe should be in a good position to take off with it... In regards to Canada anyway. (I am Canadian so perhaps I'm a bit biased for some homegrown companies)
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:46:27 PM

Looks like a pump and dump to me.

Selling at 0.95 right now.

Still smells like a pump to me.

So, y'know, caveat omnes.

Although, the merchant API certainly is exciting news. The company itself gets a +1 in my book, as I've been dealing with them since Nov '12 without any issues.

gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:36:07 PM

I traded there before too and happy.  Definitely hope they are successful so I do not have to wire money to eastern Europe or used my old connections in HK / China to trade.  At the end of the day, I don't think the valuation is there at this point.
enter`name`here

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:49:31 PM

As a customer i like the company, never had a problem. As in investor there isnt enough information to value the shares. Revenue can be approximated, but we can only geuss at margins. Having said that i feel it is a well run company and it should do well if bitcoin is here to stay. I own a few shares, I just hope that when they finally release some financial information the shares i already own arnt widly over valued
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:42:10 AM

$50 usd a share for access to only 10% of the profit and no div history at all.  Their first div better be fucking spectacular or this one's gonna get dumped down to .0001 instantly.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:32:03 PM

$50 usd a share for access to only 10% of the profit and no div history at all.  Their first div better be fucking spectacular or this one's gonna get dumped down to .0001 instantly.

Really? If you had a chance to buy into BitPay in it's infancy would it's shares have really dropped to .0001 just because their div wasn't immediately "fucking spectacular"? This is the route Virtex is trying to go in Canada.
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:13:04 AM

$50 usd a share for access to only 10% of the profit and no div history at all.  Their first div better be fucking spectacular or this one's gonna get dumped down to .0001 instantly.

Really? If you had a chance to buy into BitPay in it's infancy would it's shares have really dropped to .0001 just because their div wasn't immediately "fucking spectacular"? This is the route Virtex is trying to go in Canada.

Their valuation seems reasonable(ish), but I have nothing to base a p/e ratio on.  It's a gamble.  I expect one of two things will occur when they announce their first div.  1 - They'll split because the buy in isn't enticing, or 2 - The price will dive.  There is a third option (the value will increase), but for this to happen I believe the first div would have to be really damned good.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:36:54 PM

Their valuation seems reasonable(ish), but I have nothing to base a p/e ratio on.  It's a gamble.  I expect one of two things will occur when they announce their first div.  1 - They'll split because the buy in isn't enticing, or 2 - The price will dive.  There is a third option (the value will increase), but for this to happen I believe the first div would have to be really damned good.

Or the merchant API will look to become a serious future money maker... Anywho buying pressure looks to be picking up steam again!
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:25:04 AM

Well, it is December 2013, and this thread is pretty funny to read now, in hindsight, when the price has been at 0.15 for a good while.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:22:50 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 02:34:06 PM by _mr_e

Agreed, has been depressing but I'm still holding. Too be honest looking at price and volume on virtex lately shows that they are most definitely raking in more profit then ever, have a huge influx of people trying to get verified, and once they get miicard set up they'll be able to get all their employees back to working on features for the exchange without having to worry about all this verification crap which has been a huge bottleneck.

There's a lot of things going on on virtex such as shorting, litecoin and Ppcoin support and I even know there are talks of them expanding internationally. Their sales team is working very hard to sign up large Canadian business and educating them on accepting bitcoins through virtex's merchant api... I've heard through the grapevine that there has been quite a bit of recent success on that front and we may see the fruits of that labour very soon.

If we're in for a bit of a downtrend like it seems then we should see the shares get a chance to recoup. Remember virtex makes money when the price goes up down, sideways, and even more so during times of high volatility. They're also a bit of a hedge to buy when you think bitcoin may be going down rather then cashing out into fiat. Also buying any altcoins as a protection against bitcoin failing? Virtex can also act as that because no matter which coins reins supreme virtex will be in a good position to provide it. Once they get through through their growing pains and solve this verification bottleneck they are in for some smooth sailing I believe. I think the chart has bottomed and when we finally receive a solid dividend I'm sure all the holders out there will be very pleased they managed to wait this out.

These shares are severely undervalued and I've been continuing to scoop up more.

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:48:07 PM

Your unbridled optimism would be refreshing if there was any sort of basis for it.

Price at all-time low, still no dividends in sight, virtex still hauling in money hand-over-fist. They've probably collected around 2,000 BTC in fees in the past six months alone.

These shares are severely undervalued

At this point, the only thing that's severely undervalued is the shareholders Wink

_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:56:33 PM

Your unbridled optimism would be refreshing if there was any sort of basis for it.

Price at all-time low, still no dividends in sight, virtex still hauling in money hand-over-fist. They've probably collected around 2,000 BTC in fees in the past six months alone.

These shares are severely undervalued

At this point, the only thing that's severely undervalued is the shareholders Wink

Well I do agree but what keeps me going is I have personally met a number of virtex employees and have heard directly from Joseph that it will be worth the wait when dividends are eventually paid. For whatever that's worth.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:57:44 PM

and I have been far from unbridled optimism until more recently, I had stressed a number of concerns on their public thread.

Here's one particularly interesting response from them:

Guys, the share price is tanking. I think you really need to release SOMETHING to your investors. People are having no idea how to valuate this company, what you're making, how much you're holding in btc, how much you're spending etc and I am feeling some very negative vibes towards virtex surfacing all around the internet. Why must everything be so tight lipped? I've been a holder since IPO and so far that has gotten me nowhere other than a ton of lost btc. We desperately need something, I really don't think it's fair how all these people that gave you a ton of money to grow your business are being treated and new investors are being scared away from this company. You started off good with your prospectus and your shareholder email but all we've heard lately is silence and the removal of payment methods. The liquidity is so horrible it's pretty much impossible for anyone with a substantial position to sell anything. I know I've met you guys and you all seem to be working very hard but when it comes to running a company publicly you really need more transparency and it appears you've dropped the ball, if you are not willing to do this then maybe you should have not sold shares publicly to begin with. I really think that somebody needs to answer to this problem publicly because it is starting to get out of hand.

I also feel that virtex desperately needs a website overhaul. With competitors like vault of satoshi coming out of the woodwork with their clean, appealing user interfaces virtex is beginning to feel very dated. When I point new people to the website they appear very confused about where they are supposed to go and what they're supposed to do.

We need to start a more open dialogue with shareholders. Perhaps open up another forum discussion for ideas and discussions around Virtex's operations. This is the territory that comes with having a publicly held company and I feel it is time you guys step up to the plate.

_mr_e,

I have spoken to you on the phone and met you in person. I understand you are concerned, but rest assured, Virtex is doing extremely well. In fact, we have a substantial blacklog of people who want to get verified and begin trading. Yes, the verification process is not quick and easy, but this is the reality of operating a Bitcoin exchange in Canada. We need to be diligent in order to maintain our relationships with banks and processors, not to mention keep traders protected from fraud.

The enormous demand to become verified is a testament to the level of trust people have in what is the largest and oldest Bitcoin exchange in Canada.

In terms of communications, we could dedicate time and money and hire staff to constantly communicate with people on posting forums, but would this really be good use of capital when we have people waiting to get verified, when we have our development team working on a shorting platform and bringing Litecoin trading to the exchange, when we have sales force working to bring in new merchants and build out our merchant API shopping cart, when we are trying to forge mutually beneficial relationships with new Bitcoin startups, when we are trying hard to open up new deposit methods, when we are trying to beef up our exchange software and eliminate bugs so that we minimize down time, etc., etc.?

Based on our current resources, we try our best to communicate through social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook. We will also engage in posting forum discussions and respond to comments and questions where warranted. That said, we will not get lured into shouting matches.

As for the look of the website, that is a matter of opinion. Granted, it might not feature a lot of the design elements that are currently in vogue, however, there are many who like it. There are plenty of other sites that don't follow the latest design trends (craigslist, reddit, kijiji, ebay, etc.), yet they're not hurting for users either.

On the flipside, I can guarantee you, if we were to "overhaul" the site as you suggest, posting forums would light up with complaints and criticisms. I've been down this road many times.

All that said, we certainly have discussed giving the site a minor face lift, however, it's simply a lower priority at the moment. There are simply so many other things that we're working on that will have a direct impact on growing revenue.

As a shareholder, I can assure you that everyone is "stepping up to the plate" and working flat-out to build Virtex. Like you, we too have a vested interest in the company and we are all in this for the long haul.

I realize that in the Internet age we're used to things happening in hyper speed, but keep in mind Virtex is less than three years old. We are still in the early stages of growth. With that in mind, as an investor, you might want to try taking a longer view.

I believe you have my phone number. You are welcome to give me call if you would really like to discuss things further.

I have found my optimism by realizing he is right here. (Not about the website lol) This isn't like other bitcoin securities where you should expect a payout overnight, this is a long term gig. Virtex has a lot of big plans and I believe they are working very hard to implement each one in the best way while making sure to not get on the nerves of the bankers or the regulators. From all the things I hear they are working on I am seeing much more innovation then any of the other big exchanges are attempting to do, While at the same time they are taking every step possible to ensure they are able to remain a strong business in the long term.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: