Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold Bitcoins or buy Altcoins with it  (Read 2768 times)
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:17:11 AM

Bitcoin and altcoins if you have that for sure you will esrn a lot of profit.  Like bitcoin the price of this coin continue to increase and now the  is now is 16,700 dollars plus and for sure it will increase so you can buy more bitcoin if you want with your extra money.  You can buy altcoin and for sure you can more profit but it depends to the coin you have if the altcoin you bought have potential to increase in the future the take advantages once altcoin increase you cobvert to bitcoin and bitcoin increase your profit become double.  Make a research so you can know what altcoin have potential or if you know if the bitcoin have potential to increase more or not bese on your information.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:23:08 AM

Some altcoins will rise faster than bitcoins so it depends on how patient you are. You can stick with one bitcoin and wait years for your lambo, or you can diversify and use it to buy fast rising altcoins and then go back to bitcoin

gawayn

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:33:20 PM

Check out Buzz Coin https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/buzzcoin/
It's only 5 Satoshi at the moment. You can buy and put it at stake for a 1200% annual return.
From the next month, the rewards for staking will be lowered, so the price will increase for sure.
The people from the discord estimate this coin will get to 50 Satoshi soon.
As for the staking, you can use this staking pool, it's very easy and you can stake 10 different coins: https://stakeunited.com/gawayn
I have already made 10% more coins in 3 days Smiley

1200% annual return is a crazy inflation rate.

Only a complete newbie will believe in that, not understanding how the market works.

All folks generating those huge amounts of coins will dump them immediately , dropping the price to zero!

If something appears to be to good to be true, then it probably is!

Remember that  Grin

I will find out and will let you know how it worked Wink
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:35:05 AM

Check out Buzz Coin https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/buzzcoin/
It's only 5 Satoshi at the moment. You can buy and put it at stake for a 1200% annual return.
From the next month, the rewards for staking will be lowered, so the price will increase for sure.
The people from the discord estimate this coin will get to 50 Satoshi soon.
As for the staking, you can use this staking pool, it's very easy and you can stake 10 different coins: https://stakeunited.com/gawayn
I have already made 10% more coins in 3 days Smiley

1200% annual return is a crazy inflation rate.

Only a complete newbie will believe in that, not understanding how the market works.

All folks generating those huge amounts of coins will dump them immediately , dropping the price to zero!

If something appears to be to good to be true, then it probably is!

Remember that  Grin

I will find out and will let you know how it worked Wink

I have had my share with that, when I started a few years ago. The idea of hyperstaked coins is not new; take a look at HYP (750%) or TEK (400%). In the beginning everything looked great but then....

Good luck!

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

My current strategy is that I held some bitcoin and ethereum for a long term investment. However, it seems like it was a bad decision that I sold all of my ETN and just less than a month it pumped/pumping that's why moving forward I'll make sure that I will think twice before selling. I have invested in INS (half of my ETH)  and I can see that it has a bright future great project that even a person that doesn't have a lot of knowledge in crypto can adopt.
Conquermountains

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:59:14 AM

I suggest you do both. As what they say don't put all of your eggs in one basket. You can keep them who knows what will be the value of the coins you have after 2 - 3 months and buy also altcoins of the ICO's that has a good potential.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

It's actually up to you, if you feel you would gain much with Altcoins, you can sell your Bitcoin - you will find huge customers to buy your Bitcoins.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1343

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:55:29 PM

Just 80/20, put an eighty percent on altcoins, and the other twenty percent on bitcoin, because of the current movements on the market we can really say that altcoins are increasing much more faster than bitcoin.

Just do not forget that investing in altcoins is also more risky if you do that the risk of your portfolio is going to be very high especially if most of the investment in altcoins is done in projects that are not well established, so while the profits of investing in altcoins are great at the same time the losses can be devastating especially for someone that is just starting to invest in crypto.
devis

Activity: 98
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:23:24 PM

I think you should buy Altcoins with it. Bitcoin is cooling down I think but the altcoin market is getting a lot of attention. Now is a good time to buy.
berrymenalo

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

Do both is good. You will learn much by do that both option and also there is any benefit from it. Your value in USD will look stable.

I'm with this guy. I still buy into altcoins, but not with my (principal) BTC investment. The bitcoin investment is there expecting long term stable-ish growth over the next 5-10 years. Altcoins I'm looking at with a 3-6 month investment (for sketchier ones) or 1-3 year investment (for less sketchy ones). Only altcoin I'm holding that I still expect to hold in 5 years is DeepOnion

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1472593)
kristinam

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:29:32 PM

I have have 50% of my investments in BTC, 30% in "lower risk" altcoins such as XMR and LTC and with the rest I'm speculating on "high risk" altcoins with low market cap and supply basically achieve faster and bigger gains than with BTC. I definitely recommend to diversify!
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:48:06 PM

One of the most important rules while investing is: do not put all eggs in one basket. So if you so far only have Bitcoin (which should have brought great returns of your investment already) it would be advisable to diversify your portfolio now. I would invest at least 50% of the current Bitcoin holdings into promising alts. As the bull run on altcoins has only begun, this can be very profitable in the near future.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:57:16 PM

I habe two strategies: A longterm portfolio, funded woth 2/3 altcoins and 1/3 altcoins. The second strategy is trading with a fund as daytrader for growing Bitcoin funds. I try to make little profits every day, based on BTC as basic currency. So I invest on dunped currencies an sell them at their highs.
For daytrading very small funds should be enough, because I have a nice calculation.
When you get it managed to make a small profit of 3% every day, you would for example have with an initial invest from 100$ after one month already 242$ and after two months even 589$ and so on.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:46:42 PM

If you want a true profit like  x100 or more, you have to buy coins which are on less known exchanges and wait out.
(ITNS) Intense coin is one of them, i am holder of this coin and i strongly believe after it hits a larger exchange it will skyrocket. i got in on it then price was 30sat, recently it was at 420 ATH.
It is a privacy coin and  2018 will be about privacy coins. Devs are working on decentralized VPN client so the coin will have purpose.
Give it a look
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2090765.0
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/intensecoin/
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:06:34 PM

Holding BTC is an investment strategy based purely on the believe the market value will keep on rising and a BTC/fiat pairing will keep on growing. Who knows? It might be a good strategy, but it's not enough for me.

Holding a PoW coin has a significant downsize; the number of coins will remain static over time!

On the other hand, holding a PoS coin might be a better strategy in the sense that over time the number of coins will grow in your wallet due to the minting mechanism. Combining this with the probability of value increase and you have a double wining solution.

On top of this, you might consider the possibility of holding a PoS v3 coin and setting up a masternode. Then, things would get really interesting...

Check out DMD's current stats:

Impressive, isn't it?

Conclusion: Hold some BTC, but diversify and get some PoS coins.

unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

The best variant sell bitcoins when the price for altcoins in satoshi is low. After wait when price for altcoins will be "x" in satoshi and by bicoin at lower level.
alexv10av

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:40:47 PM

I already translated 70% it brief-case in altcoins. In 2018 on altcoins it will be possible to do good пpoфит, they will give much XXXX. I think Bitcoin will difficult farther show a large height
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:07:59 PM

for me i will hold bitcoin for a long term. then spare
some for Ethereum . so that i got plan  b if
btc falls

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1343

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:44:43 PM

One of the most important rules while investing is: do not put all eggs in one basket. So if you so far only have Bitcoin (which should have brought great returns of your investment already) it would be advisable to diversify your portfolio now. I would invest at least 50% of the current Bitcoin holdings into promising alts. As the bull run on altcoins has only begun, this can be very profitable in the near future.
It depends on the amount of bitcoin you have, if you have little bitcoin then you cannot invest in many projects or the fees are going to eat all your bitcoin, so we need a minimum amount of money in order to be able to invest effectively in altcoins, now you could risk everything in a single altcoin but that goes against your principles of diversification.
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:43:51 AM

It depends on you. most of Bitcoin and altcoins are dumping now. but this do not show the right value of them. Their price will come back soon.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█