Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:26:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Polymath ICO???  (Read 2559 times)
teddyelwyn (OP)

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:34:20 PM

Heard about polymath recently. Apparently they are a one stop shop platform for securities token projects. Based on their site and doing some research, this is what I've deducted from their project:

-Connect issuers to investors
-Easy for non-technical issuers to launch security tokens
-Strong team and great list of advisors including 2 ethereum co-founders
-A network of KYC/AML verified users to transact securities globally
-Complies with regulations
-KYC baked into protocol
-Liquidity Support
-Application layer
-Legal support
-No technical skills required

Here's their deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1riV0ARjpGbYdaP2RetaXQkeiy4PaDDt0mN87zImLGCQ/edit#slide=id.g2a9a3733a2_167_325

site: https://polymath.network/

What does everyone think? I see this as a viable project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:00:12 PM

Heard about polymath recently. Apparently they are a one stop shop platform for securities token projects. Based on their site and doing some research, this is what I've deducted from their project:

-KYC baked into protocol
-Liquidity Support
-Application layer
-Legal support

Here's their deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1riV0ARjpGbYdaP2RetaXQkeiy4PaDDt0mN87zImLGCQ/edit#slide=id.g2a9a3733a2_167_325

Quick question: do they have an actual product yet, or just a white paper? How about a GitHub repository? Have you checked to see if the advisers they claim are actually involved with the project?
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:06:42 PM

The deck does look quite interesting. Team seems quite solid too. Will go through the whitepaper sometime this week.
Any thoughts on how the rumoured SEC crackdown on security tokens plays with this?

Interested in this project as well. From what I read about them, they will enforce SEC rulings int heir platform so that projects will reflect compliance. What's interesting is that when someone launches a token, they have legal support, which is nice.
wattcrypto

Activity: 247

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:19:04 PM

-KYC baked into protocol
-Liquidity Support
-Application layer
-Legal support

Quick question: do they have an actual product yet, or just a white paper? How about a GitHub repository? Have you checked to see if the advisers they claim are actually involved with the project?

From what I know they have an alpha (https://polymath.network/wizard/). These are all really good questions. I joined their telegram group to get my questions answered. https://t.me/polymathnetwork
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:18:30 PM

Yes, I have been looking at this ico in particular. Their pre-sale in october did really well..

One thing to expand on is that they have a github of lawyers. I can also see that they eliminate the invisible wall between startups and VCs/investors. Thats a huge selling point for me
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:45:09 PM

Does anyone know if PLY is a utility or security token??
singlecrytpo

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:09:14 PM

I think you can find all of the info you're looking for in their deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1riV0ARjpGbYdaP2RetaXQkeiy4PaDDt0mN87zImLGCQ/edit#slide=id.g2498d113e5_13_0
rmilly

Activity: 312

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:25:33 PM

I think you can find all of the info you're looking for in their deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1riV0ARjpGbYdaP2RetaXQkeiy4PaDDt0mN87zImLGCQ/edit#slide=id.g2498d113e5_13_0

Thanks for sharing, been waiting for the updated version. Any updates on their ico??
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:32:23 AM

I have never heard yet about this project. Some minutes before read some information about it. It must some kind of a platform for ICO investors where they will chose the project and buy tokens. Interesting idea.
gutshot5820

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:31:34 PM

I have never heard yet about this project. Some minutes before read some information about it. It must some kind of a platform for ICO investors where they will chose the project and buy tokens. Interesting idea.

Been reading up a lot on this one. very fascinating project where companies can launch their own securities and accredited investors can invest. This is essentially becoming a newer, better stock market.
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:25:33 PM

Finally finished reading their whitepaper and it's pretty thorough compared to basically everyone else's. I see a big industry that's relatively untapped atm. Going in for the team and idea itself.
CONTRACT

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:59:10 PM

I just found out about this project, he really impressed me, the documents and the team are impressive, I think it will be something new and undoubtedly successful

╞═◇═╡...CROWD MACHINE Powering the Next Generation of Blockchain App Builders...╞═◇═╡
WhitepaperLinkedinTwitterMediumTelegramYoutubeFacebookANN ThreadReddit
←←←←←←←←←←...WHITELIST Registration is OPEN...→→→→→→→→→→
younglord33

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:59:03 PM

I will probably invest in this project, just need to learn more. It seems like they are hedging on the belief that crypto will become more regulated over the next few years? Does anyone think they can succeed if this is not the case?
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:26:55 AM

Bad thing for an Average Joe is that he wont be able to get in, ico will be closed the same day when it opens. Little investors will beg to get in, but no, no soup for you  Grin
Skizze

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:34:49 AM

This is a good ICO. Strong team and good advisors who also consulted such ICOs like Quantstamp and Zabercoin. Those are people with experience so I am sure that their ICOs are gonna be a success
dirtyc

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:22:36 PM

Bad thing for an Average Joe is that he wont be able to get in, ico will be closed the same day when it opens. Little investors will beg to get in, but no, no soup for you  Grin

I went through their "wizard" on the home page to "claim my free poly tokens."  Free tokens?  Who doesn't want that right?  Then I get to question #3 which asks how I "see myself using the polymath network"

A. Launch my own security token
B. Join the qualified investors list
C. Be a legal delegate/KYC provider
D. Other

Yeah, I don't think avg joe can get in
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:32:56 PM

The deck does look quite interesting. Team seems quite solid too. Will go through the whitepaper sometime this week.
Any thoughts on how the rumoured SEC crackdown on security tokens plays with this?

I am on myself dislike the projects that are offering improvement of the technologies which are exist yet. Such processes are hard monitored. And it is no evidence if the project has any results or no.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:35:39 PM

I am looking at coinmarketcap more than 10 times a day, and probably i see their ads more than 4 times of those 10.

It is pretty annoying to see always the same kind of ads, but yes, i have made a little research about their ICO.

And they seem to be pretty honest, i like the model, the project and how they are going to run it out, and the developers are good people, i am on their telegram group.

I dont know, maybe i will invest soon when the ICO gets release, not much money, only $1000 or so.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Btc4Proxies

Activity: 164

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:30:38 AM

I will probably invest in this project, just need to learn more. It seems like they are hedging on the belief that crypto will become more regulated over the next few years? Does anyone think they can succeed if this is not the case?

I think regulation will come somehow and someway. We also have to consider other countries and where they stand on regulation of crypto. For me, this project looks good because they can work with the government to enforce regulations or else it would suck to invest in a company and then have it get shut down.

something that they don't mention is that they're creating a stock market for securities, which is HUGE. Even if I can't launch my own security token on it, if they hit exchanges, you already know i'm buying some.
AlienateAlien

Activity: 165

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:32:42 PM

Bad thing for an Average Joe is that he wont be able to get in, ico will be closed the same day when it opens. Little investors will beg to get in, but no, no soup for you  Grin

I went through their "wizard" on the home page to "claim my free poly tokens."  Free tokens?  Who doesn't want that right?  Then I get to question #3 which asks how I "see myself using the polymath network"

A. Launch my own security token
B. Join the qualified investors list
C. Be a legal delegate/KYC provider
D. Other

Yeah, I don't think avg joe can get in

Im an avg Joe. And i signed A. Today i want to launch my Security token but what will be in the future... time will tell. It does not oblige you to anything.

SpectivVR                                                Crowdsale: 12/08 - 12/29
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                  [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Slack  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Medium  |  Facebook  |  Instagram
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: