Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:32:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $5,000 to invest in Altcoins... but which ones?  (Read 1196 times)
COLT601 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:46:46 AM

I have $5,000 sitting on an exchange that I'd like to use for investment in altcoins. I'm currently registered with Bittrex, Coinbase and Cryptopia. 

I currently hold

BTC Bitcoin
LTC Litecoin
XRP Ripple
XLM Lumen
FTC Feathercoin (small amount from several years ago)
DOGE Dogecoin (mostly for the LOLs, only $35 bucks worth)

I'd like to spread this $5,000 between multiple coins, preferably ones that are currently priced between $5.00 and $.001, although I'm open to all suggestions on coins that cost more.  I've never really done great at picking coins myself and there seem to be hundreds so it's very hard to research them all. If you were in my position (or a similar one), what coins would you buy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:51:43 AM

$5000 is already a huge amount. I suggest that you diversify it and not just invest on a single coin. There are lots of coins with high potential and good developers behind that you can buy for low amount. My suggestions are Cardano (ADA), IOTA, ARK, Xtrabytes (XBY) and PoSToken. Those are just my personal choice but it will be much better if you will do your own research rather than based your decision on advise. Just treat our advise as your guide in investing.
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:10:52 AM

You can distribute your capital for a greater number of coins is to choose a more conservative strategy. And part leave the bitcoin part. Part of your coins are worthy of attention. Can choose 5 coins of the top 10 and 5, which are more risky, but where there are good growth

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:24:48 AM

I have $5,000 sitting on an exchange that I'd like to use for investment in altcoins. I'm currently registered with Bittrex, Coinbase and Cryptopia.  

I currently hold

BTC Bitcoin
LTC Litecoin
XRP Ripple
XLM Lumen
FTC Feathercoin (small amount from several years ago)
DOGE Dogecoin (mostly for the LOLs, only $35 bucks worth)

I'd like to spread this $5,000 between multiple coins, preferably ones that are currently priced between $5.00 and $.001, although I'm open to all suggestions on coins that cost more.  I've never really done great at picking coins myself and there seem to be hundreds so it's very hard to research them all. If you were in my position (or a similar one), what coins would you buy?

I would buy only Bitcoin and several hundred thousands Doges for LOL. Then, if I feel myself a bit bored with this strategy I would use a hundred fiat or two to bet into something new like ICO may be, or find a coin of a sort which can possibly x10.

flappyjacksjackenflap

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:28:44 AM

I'd consider adding Ethereum (Ether "ETH") to your stack, to be sure you've covered your bases. Lots of potential for its tech and good growth historically speaking.
COLT601 (OP)

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:50:03 AM

Why you dont choose XMR or DASH?

Because they are relatively expensive... I doubt we will see many coins go from 200-700 up to 10k like bitcoin. Trying to find something cheap that goes from .001 to $10 or from $5 to $50, etc
dballz789

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:54:43 AM

invest in litecoin, forget all the btc forks. Litecoin can be used as actual currency due to the transaction fees.
Pradeep wijewardana

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:01:00 AM

Bitcoin  50%
Altcoin trading and investment 50%
( best coin for invest ardr , omg , waves . Lisk . Amp , )
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:09:38 AM

Bitcoin, litecoin and ripple are okay, even though I can't say they are very good coins, they will probably give you some profit if you hold them enough. But as they are very high now, especially bitcoin and litecoin, it would turn a bad investment as well. Whether a project is good or not is one of the factors you should look at, but beside that the most vital thing is the price you are buying.
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:18:48 AM

If you're lazy to search each Altcoin to choose to invest then choose Top Altcoins because they have already proven their stability in the market. Me personally, nothing more secure and having a peace of mind on investing Altcoins that are already on top and they continue growing together with their community.
Whether you own a couple Ethereum coins and a thousand coins that only valued a hundred dollar that will matter after few months of investment.
Think twice and Check RPay if you do give a chance to the Crypto underdogs. RPay is one of the best ICOs currently on sale today. It's a god project and the team are awesome.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

AlexW333

Activity: 924
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:20:39 AM

dash
ripple
nem
bitshares
siacoin
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:20:59 AM

Bitcoin  50%
Altcoin trading and investment 50%
( best coin for invest ardr , omg , waves . Lisk . Amp , )

That portfolio will secure your investment because Bitcoin will surely offers you more profits than Altcoins. Half of your investments will turn into a full slice after half a year.
50% Bitcoin and all 50% Altcoins will give you peace of mind.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

trinketmage

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:32:11 AM

Yeah always split your investment. BTC is a pretty safe bet, just as ETH or LTC.

Put 50% - 70% in a safe bet coin, and the distribute the rest into coins with potential. Bitcore, Vertcoin, NEM or Ardor... just read-up and make an informed decision
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:37:06 AM

first order of business, stop using bittrex, they are a shady exchange who will rob you blind if they wanted. you can check the scam accusation board or their topic on bitcointalk for more information.

second, i would drop XRP for now, it doesn't seem like a wise investment at the moment and any rise it has doesn't seem to have enough "steam" to push it to a proper pump which can give you a half decent profit.

obviously your bitcoin investment is good.
i also like the LTC investment but only if you are in it for the USD profit not BTC because LTC is dropping against BTC for the time being.
you can also add bitcoin cash to it, because it is having a good month and it seems to be following bitcoin for the most part and the manipulators are pumping it these days.

Buying the dip...
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:49:54 AM

You could probably add Ethereum and XEM to your list but before adding these coins make sure you check the market cap first, supply and all of that if it fits your criteria on the coins you wanted to invest in and not just because people are suggesting you to buy and invest on these coins.
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:57:15 AM

why do not you choose ethereum? if you currently have $5000 that means you can earn 10 eth or more and next year your assets may reach $10,000 because I believe in next year eth will rise drastically.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:05:31 AM

50% Bitcoins, 25% Ethereum and 25% Litecoin Cheesy
Anthony1985

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:06:47 AM

Consider PosToken, check it out from my signature.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:56:07 AM

$5000 is already a huge amount. I suggest that you diversify it and not just invest on a single coin. There are lots of coins with high potential and good developers behind that you can buy for low amount. My suggestions are Cardano (ADA), IOTA, ARK, Xtrabytes (XBY) and PoSToken. Those are just my personal choice but it will be much better if you will do your own research rather than based your decision on advise. Just treat our advise as your guide in investing.

I think any of those coins to invest can be profitable in a long term, but if you're having panic well its not good because you might lose that $5000 in the future without any profit. Any coins that is having good impact to their respective communities will be worth to hold and will surely gain good price by the time those upcoming investors will turn their money to alts as part of diversion from very expensive bitcoin price. Actually after the dumps of most of the alts now we can experience better pump for next year altcoins journey.

Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:08:36 AM

For a $ 5000 investment in altcoin I think is pretty good and could make a profit if for a long time. if you want to hold altcoin for the long term, ethereum may be more prospective if in the long run...I see a significant increase of ethereum in this year. maybe next year ethereum can reach more than $ 1000...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: