Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Now The Time To Buy?  (Read 9609 times)
Keldel

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:53:51 PM

Buy now – sell never!

BuyBTC4

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:17:11 PM

You can buy BTC anytime. Because you don't know the future price.
cymanon

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

There is really no telling. It could go +-50 usd in a week or less, or remain stable. Lots of factors to consider. I suggest you research it and make an informed decision. It is my belief bit coin is here to stay and will probably stabilize at 100+ per coin in the long term future.
Litecoin4me

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:39:59 AM

Yes, you can but BTC now it will hit $150 soon.
cohunt

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:04:18 PM

it climb to 100$ just to expensive
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:15:32 PM

Buy bitcoin and spend it because if you just hold, you may one day wake up noticing no one wants to buy your bitcoins back.

CoinsStock

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:50:19 PM

No. I think you wait for another dump.
sr_miner

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:50:42 PM

I think BTC will hit $150 soon..
growthcoin

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:27:41 PM

I think it is a good time to buy now...price will go up
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:56:18 PM

Buy when you need it.
If you wait always for lower price, you may wait forever  Wink

Norbit1

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:58:38 PM

I think is OK to buy now.
imamanandyou

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:11:04 PM

Wait for 50 range, thats what i doing

but my crystall ball is broken so i have no idea if good or bad advice

randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:45:43 PM

I think we will dip under 70 again in the next two months, but I just bought some yesterday because I keep spending them. Just don't sell them for less than you bought them for. With the way the price has fluctuated this year, it's reasonable to foresee the price going under 70 and over 120 several times before the year is out.
linko

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:05:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw $40 again
N8isGr8

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:08:21 AM

I think we will dip under 70 again in the next two months, but I just bought some yesterday because I keep spending them. Just don't sell them for less than you bought them for. With the way the price has fluctuated this year, it's reasonable to foresee the price going under 70 and over 120 several times before the year is out.

I agree that over the next few months the price will most likely fluctuate. I always spend my BTC too, so I've never really thought about the long term, but the future of bitcoins is definitely tough to predict.

Bitcoins used to be very accessible. Then they became popular, and were both accessible AND popular for awhile. Now they're still somewhat popular, but accessibility is decreasing, at least in my opinion. I don't buy bitcoins often, but every time that I do, it seems like they're tougher to purchase. The lower accessibility will result in lower popularity, which will probably cause the prices to drop in the long run, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure I know nothing about economics, and I probably think I know things that are actually completely wrong, so please take my post with a teaspoon of salt Tongue
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:09:32 AM

I think it is comming on 130, then fall to 100...... after that 200....
(some kind of another financial crysis might help)
jack470

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:58:01 AM

This post might seem to lead far, but I try to explain the best I can, why I think this time is as good as any for buying Bitcoins Wink
And sorry if the post looks bulky - I'm no native speaker...

I've been watching (and mining) bitcoins since early 2011. And all I can say about the time to buy or sell them is the same I could say about other stuff that is traded at exchanges: you never _know_ when it is the right point of time to buy or sell, because you can never know what happens next and how the market will reflect to news or other changes.
From my point of view bitcoins (and all other cryptocoins) are not yet in the state of currency and have a speculative risk. But one day they might be and that is why people are interested in having them. It is a bit like taking part in a raffle; you spend money for some tickets and hope that will be something worth in the future.
Bitcoins have a great potential for achieving this.
Mtgox is - despite all the troubles that have been and will be - a quite reliable exchange. An exchange is necessary as long as the can't be traded for something else but for money.
Bitcoins have started being mined on CPUs. CPU are quite universal. Even if you have had no computer and had bought one just for CPU mining of Bitcoins it wouldn't have been worthless after the GPU miners came to market and pushed the CPU miners out because they have been more efficient than the CPU miners.
Haveing advanced to GPU mining people had to have a proper graphic card for GPU mining. Less universal than a CPU but still useful for playing games.
The next advance was FPGAs. Quite specialized and not really universal though programmable for some thing.
The last evolutionary step is on its way with ASICS pushing into the market. With ASICS you can do nothing but things they have been made for, e.g. mining Bitcoins (and eventually other crptocoins that use the same algorithms). With each evolutionary step there was an increase of hashing power or at least a significant increase of energy efficiency for mining the Bitcoins. And the more you ascended in the hardware evolution of mining the more you had to put at risk - as the one who developed hardware and as the one who tended to buy specialized hardware. And over time the hashing power grew and grew...
What you can read from the things that happened in the past is, that Bitcoins have become more and more important and people started investing money in mining Bitcoins more efficiently (in terms of the amount per time and the needed energy per Bitcoin). And as the difficulty to mine new Bitcoins increased and people obtained less Bitcoins per hashrate, the need for buying Bitcoins was rising. And this might continue with the lots of ASIC miners pushing in the Bitcoin network. The difficulty will rise and so might the price that is payed at exchanges. But I do not expect that to be in a direct correlation. It has rarely been a direct correlation in the past. But in the end the rising difficulty combined with the broader perception of Bitcoins might be a reason for rising prices in the future. The number of Bitcoins available (at the moment and in total) is limited. If more people are interested in buying them than people in selling them, the price per Bitcoin must rise according to machinery of the market.

I don't want to encourage you to buy Bitcoins saying is is a safe deal and they will rise for sure, etc. There are threats to the Bitcoin network and not only chances. But I wanted to explain why I see a chance for them to rise. If you spend only money you can afford to lose, money you can put to jeopardy, then it seems to be no bad idea to buy them before even more ASIC miners are in the newtork. Geared to long-term profitability it might not be bad to have some Bitcoins in the pocket.
thanks for informative post. it'll help me as well as many other to take further steps.
drakesajin

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:19:30 AM

Yes, in my opinion, this is a very good time to buy.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:25:01 AM

if you mean for "investing", then yes, but by waiting you may spot lower exchane rate
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:30:56 AM

Try buying ASIC units, these will generate BTC.

Much better than buying from exchanges BTC directly if you dont hurry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: