Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:04:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org redirected transaction to unknown adresss  (Read 732 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16637

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:30:57 PM

I didn't realize it at first, but your transaction sends funds from 3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 and returns the change to itself . That address has received 2,016.94763224 BTC in 13202 transactions, and has processed more than a hundred new transactions today. I'm starting to think your "wallet" doesn't give you access to your private keys, it just holds your funds for you, and also for many other customers.
That also means you're not the real owner of your funds, they are! If they close their service, you can't access your funds anymore (that reminds me of banks, not Bitcoin!). For that reason alone I recommend to stop using their service, there are many more Android wallets to choose from.

I've got the answer: You sent BTC to the address that doesn't belong to Changelly.
Combine this with the fact that your freewallet.org Android Wallet gave you the address to send your funds to, and that only leaves freewallet.org to contact about this.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evgenzh (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

I didn't realize it at first, but your transaction sends funds from 3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 and returns the change to itself . That address has received 2,016.94763224 BTC in 13202 transactions, and has processed more than a hundred new transactions today. I'm starting to think your "wallet" doesn't give you access to your private keys, it just holds your funds for you, and also for many other customers.
That also means you're not the real owner of your funds, they are! If they close their service, you can't access your funds anymore (that reminds me of banks, not Bitcoin!). For that reason alone I recommend to stop using their service, there are many more Android wallets to choose from.

I've got the answer: You sent BTC to the address that doesn't belong to Changelly.
Combine this with the fact that your freewallet.org Android Wallet gave you the address to send your funds to, and that only leaves freewallet.org to contact about this.

I have a possibility to generate a Private Key from my BTC wallet and then (Export, Import). - does it can help me to solve a problem if not contact support Freewallet ?
I definitely will not use Freewallet service anymore It's too dangerous now
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 07:04:11 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 07:51:01 PM by LoyceV

I have a possibility to generate a Private Key from my BTC wallet and then (Export, Import). - does it can help me to solve a problem if not contact support Freewallet ?
I'm not familiar with Freewallet.org, but if they send funds from the same 3xxx-address, you won't get the private key to that address. It could be the export-command only works for addresses you've imported on your own.
For now, I'd suggest to start at their support. And move your remaining funds out of there!

evgenzh (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:22:59 PM

[quote author=evgenzh link=topic=2510804.msg25682238#msg25682238 date=1512327178
I'm not familiar with Freewallet.org, but if they send funds from the same 3xxx-address, you won't get the private key to that address. It could be the export-command only works for addresses you've imported on your own.
For now, I'd suggest to start at their support. And move your remaining funds out of there!
[/quote]

I will try do my best. Used to I've already contacted  freewallet support but they said to contact with receiver of my funds.
So I knew something is not right going on now. But used to have problem with transfers that was done incorrectly by myself and funds were returned fully in my account. Hate thiefs (((
evgenzh (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:38:10 PM

A few things that you need to clarify.

1. Which BCH address did you input as the receiver when you placed the exchange order?
2. Which BTC address were you supposed to send the BTC to(changelly exchange wallet)?

1. My BCH address: 1sLdpn1kGcijftrfwLzZCKcxsBQ9kx8Tz
2. Ii not in control to which BTC I have sent because I made smart exchange  through my wallet

1. Ok, so you haven't received the BCH from Changelly.
2. I know, but I'm asking which address did Changelly exchange ask you to send the BTC to. You can check that by login to your Changelly account.
I just want to make sure that 183YqMThCPSz7v9ob545wnbuvy2wU4yu6y is the right address.

BTW https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/ , seems like many people have similar problems as you.
You have to send an email to support@changelly.com and ask for support.

2. This is my BCH address 1sLdpn1kGcijftrfwLzZCKcxsBQ9kx8Tz to which I have sent coins from my BTC address: 1H4u5pCL112cu513ckcFiwMecunk2yxjeS
Ok, I will contact Changelly .
 I have Changelly account but have never used it. Instead of it I use my freewallet account to sent and receive coins. I used to had problems with Changelly (funds had stuck in they account ). I definitely contact Changelly. May be it's not as a scam I hope

Ok, I must have misunderstood then. I thought you used Changelly.

If you used Freewallet's exchange service, then you must contact Freewallet support.
Freewallet always had a bad reputation, and lately a lot of scam accuses directed at them too.

Try to PM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1177176 and better hope they didn't scam you.

Ok kahc,  I have sent same questions to link you are provided. I will keep you updated if something magically happens Smiley

evgenzh (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:36:10 PM

How did you figure out the wallet 3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 belongs to Freewallet.  Huh??
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:07:02 PM

How did you figure out the wallet 3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 belongs to Freewallet.  Huh??
It's not your wallet, so it's the only explanation for making transactions with chance sent back to itself.

evgenzh (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:52:05 PM

How did you figure out the wallet 3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 belongs to Freewallet.  Huh??
It's not your wallet, so it's the only explanation for making transactions with chance sent back to itself.

I've got it thanks. Here is my investigations
https://www.blockseer.com/transactions/0855a72ad5c22938a4be7169ff37c260a2087848f7b6a89534e3e52cdaa308dd/graph
evgenzh (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:44:34 PM

Hi, everyone
I would like to get some help to understand my problem Smiley

15 days ago I've made exchange BTC to BCC(bitcoin cash) from my android wallet. I use web freewallet.org (Android wallet)

Here is hash:  https://blockchain.info/tx/0855a72ad5c22938a4be7169ff37c260a2087848f7b6a89534e3e52cdaa308dd

Here is the address: https://blockchain.info/address/183YqMThCPSz7v9ob545wnbuvy2wU4yu6y         from where I have my Unspent output.

The BTC coins are stuck in this change wallet as  "Confirmed Unspent Output" for about 15 days. My android wallet tells me (Exchange status Unconfirmed). So I have a suspicion that I have included a low fee to be processed.

Now I'm desperately trying to reach owner of this wallet  3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 but no luck yet

I have googled and found some info about the owner this wallet http://bitcoinwhoswho.com/address/3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4
Here is Most Recent Known Input:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=934360  -   http://bitcoin-vlog.de/. (But this guy literally ignoring my messages)

SCAM: SMART TRAP FreeWallet
I saw many fake transactions happend in November and also with me.

Bab reputation Freewallet ((( .  I was satisfited to use your product until this uncident

Summary:
1. All your funds will be resided in a cold storage (out of your control)
2. You are not owner of your Funds you send  (your wallet is just like a button making a signal to send coins ) 
3. Freewallet.org  owner of your funds will decide to sent coins by your direction or just seize the coins for yourself
4. Option generating Private Key  - is just fake sub key of their Private Key

I'll keep posting cyber crime unit  Freewallet didn't refund my BTC
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:17:19 AM

I really don't appreciate that wallet. If you see their facebook page it has negative reviews and there many complaints against the freewallet team.
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 12:15:14 PM

evgenzh, we're sorry to hear you're disappointed, although we understand your emotions. Please don't forget that our support reps are keeping you updated via multiple channels, and we're working on resolving your situation.

A quick recap: what you attempted to do was a smart transaction (an exchange, in other words) from Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash. As transactions of one coin cannot be properly posted when you send them to an address of a different network: that is why you need to make an exchange of one coin to another one. In Freewallet, you can choose to top up your wallet balance with coins from a number of networks. Upon selecting the coin, you can see a so-called smart address: it's a service address in the same network as your sending address, and the coins sent there are further exchanged to the desired currency and delivered to your destination address.

3JzvEy64J63pDv7KjyKsVzupMgKcwdgQU4 is a smart address for incoming BTC transactions, which is used for exchanging Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash. That address doesn't belong to Freewallet, it's one of our exchange partner's service addresses. Apparently, due to issues on the exchange service's side, your transaction couldn't be completed. However, that doesn't mean that your funds are lost: we have already placed a refund request with Changelly, so your Bitcoin will be returned to your Freewallet address.

We'll do our best to speed up the processing of your refund, however, please note that such operations take time and resources and require certain technical, financial and security procedures. Our support team will keep you posted on the progress of your refund and will notify you once it's completed. We'd appreciate if you didn't create multiple support tickets, but rather responded in the existing in-app chat. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

I really don't appreciate that wallet. If you see their facebook page it has negative reviews and there many complaints against the freewallet team.

sumangs, you keep posting the same message about Freewallet in different topics; yet when we try to get more details about your situation, all attempts to get a reply from you are ignored. Is there some issue we can help you with? Let us know, please!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: