Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is most important in determining a cryptocurrency's value?
Distribution Of The Coinbase - 1 (5%)
Decentralization - 3 (15%)
Security - 2 (10%)
Inflation - 0 (0%)
Innovation - 1 (5%)
Market or Niche - 0 (0%)
Features - 1 (5%)
Road Map - 1 (5%)
Road Map Feasibility (Technical & Time Constraints) - 1 (5%)
Competition - 0 (0%)
Stakeholder Governance - 0 (0%)
Developer Skills & Team - 1 (5%)
Developer Updates - 0 (0%)
Hot Wallets - 0 (0%)
Light Wallets - 0 (0%)
Mobile Wallets - 0 (0%)
Android Wallets - 0 (0%)
iOS Wallets - 0 (0%)
Windows Wallets - 0 (0%)
Mac Wallets - 0 (0%)
ARM Wallets - 0 (0%)
BSD Variant Wallets - 0 (0%)
Consensus Algorithm - 0 (0%)
Network Effect - 0 (0%)
Reputation - 2 (10%)
Volume & Liquidity - 1 (5%)
Exchange Options - 1 (5%)
Long-term Historical Performance - 1 (5%)
Short-term Historical Performance - 0 (0%)
Development Funding (on the protocol level) - 0 (0%)
Immutable Blockchain - 1 (5%)
If the cryptocurreny is a fork - 0 (0%)
If the cryptocurrency is not a fork - 0 (0%)
If forks exist from the cryptocurrency - 0 (0%)
Transaction Capacity - 1 (5%)
Blockchain Bloat - 0 (0%)
Transaction Speeds - 0 (0%)
Transaction Privacy - 1 (5%)
Metadata Privacy - 0 (0%)
Fungibility - 1 (5%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is most important in determining a cryptocurrency's value?  (Read 228 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:25:14 PM

This is a follow up to this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1285787

My judgment criteria has changed quite a bit since then.

What is most important in determining a cryptocurrency's value?

You may only select up to 10 options.

Feel free to make suggestions on things I should add to the poll!  Smiley
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:34:25 PM

You have got covered up almost every dam option on the earth. However I’ll stick to the few of them which I think are really important for ultimate fate of the coin value. The first one I think is obviously the decentralised make over of the coin. This is because centralised coins are bad in manipulation and it can be seen from the Ripple coin itself. Though I like this coin but the thing is it’s not moving at all due to controlling bosses.

The second one is project idea and team behind the project. Whether this is completely new idea or is it just the copy of something old, this must be known before we can invest into it. After that we have the team, they should be experienced personnel of the real businesses. If we find that there are just teens around the project playing like anything then it’s pribsbly going down.

Rest is also true from you list. However fork is only stuff related to bitcoin I believe.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:55:11 PM

I believe on the same, he listed a lot of things and most of them are useless determining the value of the altcoin.

You have got covered up almost every dam option on the earth. However I’ll stick to the few of them which I think are really important for ultimate fate of the coin value.

I really think that the ONLY thing that will create the value of an altcoin is the real MARKETING that the project is going to apply.

Maybe if no one knew bitcoin, it could be worth $0 right now, and if ethereum could have the hype that bitcoin had at the begining (if bitcoin was not discovered because of lack of marketing) It would be the "real" bitcoin of nowadays.

Everything is about the promotion, maybe a shitty project could become the Project of the year only because it had a succesfull marketing campaign.

but most dev's fail in this part, because it needs a lot of money to create a good campaign.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:57:50 PM

Most points from your list could be shorted. You can make the hype index that will include the everage rating of most of your list and will determine everything about the coin that is not covering its "original" usage.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:24:35 PM

I believe on the same, he listed a lot of things and most of them are useless determining the value of the altcoin.

You have got covered up almost every dam option on the earth. However I’ll stick to the few of them which I think are really important for ultimate fate of the coin value.

I really think that the ONLY thing that will create the value of an altcoin is the real MARKETING that the project is going to apply.

Maybe if no one knew bitcoin, it could be worth $0 right now, and if ethereum could have the hype that bitcoin had at the begining (if bitcoin was not discovered because of lack of marketing) It would be the "real" bitcoin of nowadays.

Everything is about the promotion, maybe a shitty project could become the Project of the year only because it had a succesfull marketing campaign.

but most dev's fail in this part, because it needs a lot of money to create a good campaign.

You should have voted for Network Effect. Marketing is part of a Network Effect's effect. Smiley

And I disagree with the bolded. I believe the speculative value of a cryptocurrency is derived from a combination of all the poll options.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:28:34 PM

You have got covered up almost every dam option on the earth. However I’ll stick to the few of them which I think are really important for ultimate fate of the coin value. The first one I think is obviously the decentralised make over of the coin. This is because centralised coins are bad in manipulation and it can be seen from the Ripple coin itself. Though I like this coin but the thing is it’s not moving at all due to controlling bosses.

The second one is project idea and team behind the project. Whether this is completely new idea or is it just the copy of something old, this must be known before we can invest into it. After that we have the team, they should be experienced personnel of the real businesses. If we find that there are just teens around the project playing like anything then it’s pribsbly going down.

Rest is also true from you list. However fork is only stuff related to bitcoin I believe.

I like your short list of most important factors, and I agree that the things you mentioned are important. Smiley

But I prefer to analyze deeper than simply a few factors because doing the research to learn about each and every factor can lead you to change your opinions on such.

For Example: https://www.decentralized.tech/blogs/evaluation-evaluating-monero
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:34:02 PM

It seems to me that the most important thing in cryptocurrency is its functionality and community of a coin.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:35:54 PM

This is a follow up to this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1285787

My judgment criteria has changed quite a bit since then.

What is most important in determining a cryptocurrency's value?

You may only select up to 10 options.

Feel free to make suggestions on things I should add to the poll!  Smiley

Great thread for the people who is really looking to invest on altcoins. They understand that what are all the topics they have to go through before they want to invest on altcoin even for ICO also it will be good options to check in their road map and white paper.
I have chosen the security concerns and decentralization is major of mine before go with the any altcoins because we have a complete control on it.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 07:59:20 PM

as developer works with the decision as delivering service to public audience, investor might gains as evaluating use with the manage as best to recalling shifts with the gradual stages of differences as referring decision to put of investment with the buying of coins from the ico or exchange.

sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:22:50 PM

In reality I suppose all the things that you have enumerated in this list are important and must be taken into account. However, as for me, the most important moments here are decentralization and anonymity.  Cool
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:01:38 AM

Bump 4 votes. Voting is cool...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: